r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

If it's too frustrating, the fun is lost. Would you want to be on a server where you spawn on the beach hungry, thirsty, infected, bleeding, with no bandaids, and antibiotics rarer than sniper rifles, with nearby zeds per-aggro'd and running at you? Most of us wouldn't, but that would be brutal.

You forgot nighttime.  :thumbsup: B)

• Like 3

What?

Well ok, then i suggest you make your own game which nothing else than zeds, infection, antiobiotics and axes. Lets see how this would work out.

Yes, because thats totally what I suggested.  :rolleyes:

You said the game is all about getting infected and finding ab´s, but that´s not everything in the game. The main goal is to survive. Then you can find a car, build a base and so on. It´s just boring getting infected everytime you find something new.

• Like 1

You said the game is all about getting infected and finding ab´s.

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

• Like 1

I've never played or really looked at DayZero tbh although I will be having a peek.  What features would you say were "taken" from the standalone just out of interest?

you know how you jump in the new standalone same in dayzero

the inventory and how its set up is almost exactly the same

there are other things but i aint sitting here all night mentining them.

best tihng to do is go have a go as you have probably played standalne in current build and see if there are things you notice that are the same.

• Like 1

I've never played or really looked at DayZero tbh although I will be having a peek.  What features would you say were "taken" from the standalone just out of interest?

I mostly play Zero nowadays since it's the only first person and side chat off servers I can find that's constantly full. Actually it brings me back to the early days since I often have to spam refresh to even get on.

• Like 1

The game is supposed to be brutal.  Brutal is not fun, its frustrating, and therein do you find you fun.

You're going to love the standalone, where you can get infected by putting on new pants with a disease on them. 

When not infected, you should be looking for anti-b's, all the time.

"Brutal" done trough breaking mechanics and just making it unfair is not brutal, it's silly. Hard or "brutal" is where there is a lot thrown at you but you can pull it off if you play your cards right.. only to be shot by some other survivor a bit later.

Right now however ppl are getting whacked by broken game mechanics they can do f-all about. The busy 50 man vanilla servs I used to play on (for whitelist purposes) are no on 0 player count across the board. Luckily dayzero came along.

• Like 2

Just ignore the stawman arguments from a clear troll. Haters gona hate...they aren't really cut out for DayZ...anyways

1.7.1.1 wrecked the game for me. I could cope with 1.7.7 a higher chance of infection and some occasional hitbox weirdness (i loved 1.7.7). The game now, i'm sorry to say, is almost completely borked BUT... if anybody thinks that this translates to futher patches making the game "easier" they are wrong.

Knock downs, spawns, infections aren't working as planned. They are getting fixed. They will all be there next patch and hopefully working consistently. Keep in mind thelimited resources mod devs have. Their work is akin to trying to polish a turd. Look how long it is taking a professional, paid and enthusiastic dev team  to build a working DayZ alpha...any complainers have unrealistic expectations.

As for the future the SA has a comprehensive infection mechanic, it's pretty much a subgame. Same as those zombie knock downs, more ways to be injured, more ways to be trolled...it will be harder, not easier. The difference is it's going to work.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 3

Just ignore the stawman arguments from a clear troll. Haters gona hate...they aren't really cut out for DayZ...anyways

1.7.1.1 wrecked the game for me. I could cope with 1.7.7 a higher chance of infection and some occasional hitbox weirdness (i loved 1.7.7). The game now, i'm sorry to say, is almost completely borked BUT... if anybody thinks that this translates to futher patches making the game "easier" they are wrong.

Knock downs, spawns, infections aren't working as planned. They are getting fixed. They will all be there next patch and hopefully working consistently. Keep in mind thelimited resources mod devs have. Their work is akin to trying to polish a turd. Look how long it is taking a professional, paid and enthusiastic dev team  to build a working DayZ alpha...any complainers have unrealistic expectations.

As for the future the SA has a comprehensive infection mechanic, it's pretty much a subgame. Same as those zombie knock downs, more ways to be injured, more ways to be trolled...it will be harder, not easier. The difference is it's going to work.

Well, if you think I´m a troll and a hater, than it´s your opinion and not my problem. I like Dayz as it was.

Anyway, saying something like 'it´s going to work' is pretty much bullshit. Have you played the game yet? I don´t think so ^^ We all don´t know how it will be and btw. people like me, with my opinion, we make a difference to the game, because not everyone is a hardcore realism player who wants to be killed and cry afterwards(overacting). There are still thousands of players who play the game for the fun it made to them. And I don´t think everyone of them has the time to play the game for hours just to find antibiotics or whatever is needed then to make sure you won´t die after 10 mins.

And by 'a proffesional, paid and enthusiastic dev team' you mean a dev team which is working on the game since lets say 8 months since they decided to make the game completly new, whilst bohemia interactive already reached beta in arma 3. I know maybe you can´t compare the two games, but dayz already had most of the things already in it. which brings us to the point that even complainers have realistic expectations because it would be possible to bring a game out after 8 months, with all the features needed for an alpha release btw.

My suggestion is we are all just going to wait what will happen when 1.7.7.2 or 1.7.8 will be out, and then decide if the mechanics there work out. Until them we let everyone who wants to complain, make their points and let them talk. In the end the dev team wants to make a game everyone is comfortable with, not just the few people who want a 'brutal' game..

Just to get back to Topic:

Razor you got any news on 1.7.7.2/1.7.8?

Edited by ToastiMan
  • Like 1

Can you guys include in next patch, that you can give somone antibiotics, and gain humanity, same as painkillers?

Don't try and cure it try to survive without a cure.

We do know there is an issue with infection. This has been corrected in the dev builds but we have no release date just now.

Trying to survive without a cure is the only sustainable play style left to us right now.  Suicide on infection only results in constant suicide as infection is all but a guarantee due to the much-discussed-already issues with Zed behavior.  Combine this with the unpredictability of finding an Antibiotic (I've YET to find one at a hospital) and you windup with Playing Infected becoming the new Status Quo.

Im glad to see that the Devs acknowledge a problem with the mechanic.  This means to me that Playing Infected is not expected to be the Status Quo.  I'd love to hear some higher level talk about what the goals for implementing this mechanic actually are considering that what we have is not what was intended.

I, for one, am just as frustrated as the next guy at the current state of affairs.  Understanding that things are not as intended makes the current state somewhat bearable.  I think more, clear, communication about the intended direction and more transparency around the expected release dates of the next attempted fix would calm a lot of folks down.

All this rhetoric around "Suck it up, buttercup" just adds to the frustration.

• Like 1

Infection isn't a killing point you just choose to give up. You can survive if you work a little more once your infected you cant become infected again so all the normal rules like eating raw meat, unboiled water all go out the window. 

We have said many times there is an issue with infection. For now we cant fix this issue due to the limits we have. The changelog has been with Matt over 1 month now with no response. 

For now all i can say is work a little more don't just quit use as much of the land as you can animals and fire are your keys. Knife/melee are the biggest item's you need.

Weapons for killing animals. Animals spawn around the player run around a field and look.

With a knife you can gut all animals. As an infected player you can eat raw food. As a normal player find the barrels around the game your don't need anything to light them.

Soon as we get a day to release so will you.

• Like 1

The changelog has been with Matt over 1 month now with no response. 

Can't someone else review it? I mean Matt or any other Matt could be away for vacations for like 2 months. Can't someone else fill in his place? Many people are looking forward to the new gear ui , the weapon quickswitch and the optimizations. Waiting an extra month just cause someone is not doing his job seems kinda wrong. I thought the mod was supposed to be community driven. Also it's over a month already.

Edited by h3l1x

Infection isn't a killing point you just choose to give up. You can survive if you work a little more once your infected you cant become infected again so all the normal rules like eating raw meat, unboiled water all go out the window. 

We have said many times there is an issue with infection. For now we cant fix this issue due to the limits we have. The changelog has been with Matt over 1 month now with no response. 

For now all i can say is work a little more don't just quit use as much of the land as you can animals and fire are your keys. Knife/melee are the biggest item's you need.

Weapons for killing animals. Animals spawn around the player run around a field and look.

With a knife you can gut all animals. As an infected player you can eat raw food. As a normal player find the barrels around the game your don't need anything to light them.

Soon as we get a day to release so will you.

Matt ! It's a shame ! All this work provided by the devs, and no response for 1 month ? Are you serious ?

Thx again Razor for all you provived to the DayZ community.

Edited by Ameo

I have no idea who pass's/checks stuff all i know is my contact is Matt. I'm sure everyone is busy getting SA done but yea we need some clear line of coms

I'll keep chasing Matt today see what info i can get back.

• Like 3

I am asking out of curiousity:

Do any devs still work on DayZ? 

Because the rolling changelog had no update for 3 Weeks now.

Dunno if thats normal or if further work just wasn't added to the next dayz patch...

Alot of the systems being worked on are not 5 sec changes most our new UI's and code optimization. We haven't really given much love to the optimization of the mod so while we wait we are testing some new ideas to improve overall optimization of the mod. On top of this i was away for a week with my family and it took a week to get my real work back on track.

• Like 5

Last time i played vanilla dayz, i got infected in Novy Sobor, during a very mild Zed attack. I then went from nearly full to fairly low blood, but not empty. I bandaged up and got away. Tried eating, ate everything I had, but got no increase in blood. Had one little down arrow on my blood icon. Tried drinking fluids, no improvement. I made it as far as Stary Sobor, and started looking through the tents. I started passing out, and despite not bleeding, my blood icon was now empty. Less than 45 minutes from the time I got infected. I passed out a few more times, than just dropped dead. How am I supposed to survive an infection like that? Also, I've never been able to increase my blood while infected during this patch.

I've read before that due to the fact that ArmA was designed as a military sim, that the ai for the zeds will always be somewhat bugged; ie that zeds hitting through walls, weird pathfinding, poor hit detection, etc. If that's true, than I don't think infection should be in the mod. I really think it adds nothing, except for frustration, under those circumstances. As of right now, every parameter of it (ability to find antibiotics, ability to survive with it, ease to contract it, number of zeds carrying it), are all heavily scaled against the player, coupled with the bugs. I'd suggest instead just making the zeds attack more damaging, but without infection.

I play Vanilla DayZ and have been infected several times.  A few times I had ABs, so no big deal.  This last time I got infected and survived for HOURS of play (eventually ran into a medic with ABs).  If you hunt down enough animals you can live for a long time if you want to...  Of course I'm not a corpse runner, so "dying" actually has some consequence for me.  Now, with the new patch the eating system is not like it used to be.  And if all you have is canned food (200 blood gained), you will basically just pause the infection blood loss for a little bit.  Rabbits are VERY helpful.

You really have to kill some cows and whatever else you can find and stockpile cooked meat.  I actually got infected in Stary too, and I searched helicopter crashes, deer stands, the tents, etc for AB for a very long time before deciding to make a go at Cherno.  So I got all the way to the power plant in Elektro before finding someone with AB and turning back north.

I honestly think the guys complaining about the infection (for the most part) are people more worried about their guns than their survival.  It is not the death sentence everyone wants to make it out to be.  Obviously the process of eating a bunch of entire animals is really unrealistic, but so is running back to your corpse to recover all your stuff.  If you couldn't find enough animals to survive for more than 45 minutes up by Stary then you weren't trying.  And if you don't have a hatchet, knife, and matches I question your real concern for survival.

Edited by Soupee
  • Like 5

I play Vanilla DayZ and have been infected several times.  A few times I had ABs, so no big deal.  This last time I got infected and survived for HOURS of play (eventually ran into a medic with ABs).  If you hunt down enough animals you can live for a long time if you want to...  Of course I'm not a corpse runner, so "dying" actually has some consequence for me.  Now, with the new patch the eating system is not like it used to be.  And if all you have is canned food (200 blood gained), you will basically just pause the infection blood loss for a little bit.  Rabbits are VERY helpful.

You really have to kill some cows and whatever else you can find and stockpile cooked meat.  I actually got infected in Stary too, and I searched helicopter crashes, deer stands, the tents, etc for AB for a very long time before deciding to make a go at Cherno.  So I got all the way to the power plant in Elektro before finding someone with AB and turning back north.

I honestly think the guys complaining about the infection (for the most part) are people more worried about their guns than their survival.  It is not the death sentence everyone wants to make it out to be.  Obviously the process of eating a bunch of entire animals is really unrealistic, but so is running back to your corpse to recover all your stuff.  If you couldn't find enough animals to survive for more than 45 minutes up by Stary then you weren't trying.  And if you don't have a hatchet, knife, and matches I question your real concern for survival.

Very true and nicely put to words!

Although i must say people who complain about the fact that at the current state of development on the mod you cant avoid infection over a longer period of time have point, since every once in a while a bugged zed will get u through the wall, rubberband close up to you or just bugg through walls/doors behind you to get  you infected  with the first blow, no matter how careful u are. Still this isnt a sentence to death, just behave as Soupee and others already posted, its not that hard to survive with an infection at all and sooner or later you will find antibiotics. The spawnrate isnt that bad actually but if everyone camps cherno hospital or any other smaller area for antibiotics its just your own fault of minimizing the chances (no respawn, waiting time etc.). Your chance of finding antibiotics increases magnificantly if you just roam the whole map, cooking ur meat in constant periods on the way. I mainly find antibiotics in farmloot or civilian loot everywhere in cernarus, in barns and brickhouses etc. without the constant danger of gettin shot in the but like in cherno. Problem is like Soupee pointed out, you cant sit at the coast and shoot others you cant really stick to far aims and it will be pure circumstance that u find a descent rifle etc. but thats the game dudes its not about PVP or piling equipment in no time its about survival and never knowing what comes next, just deal with your situation the best that you can. Sometimes ur lucky sometimes not thats life. My actual char survived for 5 days now, was infected 2 times and still holds 4 boxes of antibiotics. I posses every rifle i could want, camo cloth 24space bag etc., car, mi 17, tents, supplies and it all came slow i just took it when i could and dealt with infection as i had to, step after step. sometimes your plans get totally wasted in a second but thats just bad luck, deal with it.

Edited by Evil E
  • Like 3

Spawnselection :( i kinda dont like that...

• Like 1

R4ZOR49 

What about the performance? I just can't stand the low fps at cities and some guys solved that with dayzero, i think the dayz dev team can do it too.

R4ZOR49 

What about the performance? I just can't stand the low fps at cities and some guys solved that with dayzero, i think the dayz dev team can do it too.

Your welcome to ask them how they solved it. Once you know pm Matt and ask for permission.

• Like 2