r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

I don't think adding so many zombis will make towns better for me if i'm honest but I will adapt if I must.

I don't think adding so many zombis will make towns better for me if i'm honest but I will adapt if I must.

? adding this has been in since .7

• Like 1

? adding this has been in since .7

I only played this vershun so I cannot compare before and after accept from rhinocrunch videos.I like how it is tho and if you have already added the zeds I didn't notice so ignore me. The towns are fine if you crawl and move after shot.

I was just watching you (R4Z0R49) in twitch and several Zeds were chasing you as you got into a Huey. They then stopped just feet in front of the Huey and stood there while it warmed up and took off.

Shouldn't they be attacking?

Edited by SpudmanWP

There's an issue with bounding box's and zeds wont always attack choppers. They attack a little better in cars and bike's but choppers are very hit and miss.

Too be fair we haven't had time to investigate this issue much just now but we know its one of the reasons Dean never had zeds attacking vehicles.

There's an issue with bounding box's and zeds wont always attack choppers. They attack a little better in cars and bike's but choppers are very hit and miss.

Too be fair we haven't had time to investigate this issue much just now but we know its one of the reasons Dean never had zeds attacking vehicles.

Makes sense to be honest. Are you guys going to investigate or leave as is?

Any idea when the next patch will be released, or is there quite a bit more stuff you need to look into first?

R4ZOR and crew, I just wanted to say thank you for keeping up the momentum on the mod changes. You know you've got the balance right when you break a few things as you go, as it's the only way to figure out what the best settings to keep will be. It's something I personally loved about DayZ mod at the very start; a bit of trial and error makes for great lessons learned. Well done so far.

Keep on pushing that envelope and good luck with your next release.

At first I found the infection rate really difficult to deal with.

However, I now know to not get any single zombie, and I now rarely do - this is more realistic too. I have also done several trades (my first) these last few days, 2 trades included me getting antibiotics. I found about 3 antibiotics. A total of 5 antibiotics. I gave one to a friend in need (who used it but subsequently died). I used 3 and have 1 remaining in my vehicle.....

at first the patch was god awfully difficult and I doubted I would play, yet the last few days have been great!

Are you working on the zeds' ability to walk straight through objects such as the supermarket's counter and shelves or even the solid staircase in the ATC Towers? I still have the odd zed walking through the walls of buildings and some of them even clip the floor. I also read what a guy said in the 1.7.7 thread about zeds aggroing when you're sitting absolutely still not making a sound. I've had this happen to me as well, in the middle of the night in the back room of the supermarket. I sat there not making a sound when suddenly a zed aggroed from the outside, clipped the doors which I had closed and gave me an infection.

One would think that this should be easy to implement when it obviously works for the player models.

Edited by noMad17

Are you working on the zeds' ability to walk straight through objects such as the supermarket's counter and shelves or even the solid staircase in the ATC Towers? I still have the odd zed walking through the walls of buildings and some of them even clip the floor. I also read what a guy said in the 1.7.7 thread about zeds aggroing when you're sitting absolutely still not making a sound. I've had this happen to me as well, in the middle of the night in the back room of the supermarket. I sat there not making a sound when suddenly a zed aggroed from the outside, clipped the doors which I had closed and gave me an infection.

One would think that this should be easy to implement when it obviously works for the player models.

The AI in arma doesnt have the same collision detection as the player models, and even if they did have access to the source code to change that the AI just isnt smart enough to be able to navigate the map without getting stuck on every object it came across, so sadly i wouldn't expect these issue's to ever be fully resolved.

looks like a nice fix, good luck! although may be not the place to ask this and hope I ll not get tins thrown at me but: is it hard to insert the melee weapons in the scroll cycle? default, it stays attached to your toolbelt (machete, hatchet, crowbar etc)and at mouse-scroll, you have the possibility of choosing between the 3 categories: main weapon, sidearm, melee, if equipped. I know it has been talked about, but I could only find very old threads and I think it can be the perfect addition to fight with the new infection rate, viral zeds and bandits, and still keeping it real. if the loot is anyway so spreaded and a good backpack so rare, at least to have the chance of searching for items without making gunshot noises but still be able to carry a fire-weapon. I am sure this change will come someday, why not implement it earlier..because, in these days, and I think I m not the only one, as long as I don t have a slightly bigger backpack, there s not need to pickup any main weapon, I need to have my hatchet or machete in hands..

Edited by kapnobatai
  • Like 2

Game play will significantly improve if we could just put the knife,crowbar,machete in the pistol slot.

I feel that the current form supports a player being PVP OR PVZ. Letting them go in secondary would allow players to be both at the same time, which would just make the game even easier, and even more in favor of PVP gameplay.

I've been shot more times by bandits with an axe in my hand than a rifle. I would like the ability to shot back if I have a rifle in my pack. There is no distinction between PVP and PVE in this game its up to the player.

I've been shot more times by bandits with an axe in my hand than a rifle. I would like the ability to shot back if I have a rifle in my pack. There is no distinction between PVP and PVE in this game its up to the player.

That's precisely what I'm saying. It's a balancing mechanic that makes players either be equipped to fight zombies, or fight players. Now if only Zombies were a threat- then it might do something.

Oh, OK.

I just wanted to know because i think the new menu is awesome! And i wanna be able to find more antibiotics. :)

Keep up the good work! :beans: