r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Do you both think I'm an idiot? I know that and what I'm saying is that the surface noise levels are too damn high. Is it so hard to understand?

Oh yeah and since you guys have the powers, you can warn me, ban me whatever you want to do. And don't listen to me at all.

huh ?

Why would anyone remove you ? Your stating your opinion based on what you be leave to be correct. I am yet to see any real reason or example of why surface sounds from concrete effect your game play out side of you trying to run around towns. All current surface sounds are from Arma2 we haven't changed any in dayz from what i can remember.

I'd like to see at least one more building we can enter?

Would make exploring the map much more interesting for us oldies...

Is this hard to do? :)

The buildings would have to be hollowed out and insides modelled for them. Yes, it is quite hard to do. I can't see it happening in the mod but in DayZ standalone you will be able to enter 95-100%% of the buildings in Chernarus.

• Like 1

Do you both think I'm an idiot? I know that and what I'm saying is that the surface noise levels are too damn high. Is it so hard to understand?

Oh yeah and since you guys have the powers, you can warn me, ban me whatever you want to do. And don't listen to me at all.

Are you feeling okay? Did you take your medicine this morning?

No-one's so much as hinted at removing or warning you, and in fact, they're being considerably politer to you than you are to them. If you have an issue, by all means raise it and let's talk about it, but don't be an ass when there's no need to be, as it'll just escalate from there and the issue at hand will get lost in all the mess.

• Like 1

R4Z0R49:

I am using the Makarov SD and I noticed something: zombies around me do get agitated when firing this weapon. Yes, I'm using normal Makarov mags (as I haven't come across any Makarov SD ammo yet) so I cannot confirm it happens only with normal ammo. Anybody with the same experience?

Edited by VidKo

R4Z0R49:

I am using the Makarov SD and I noticed something: zombies around me do get agitated when firing this weapon. Yes, I'm using normal Makarov mags (as I haven't come across any Makarov SD ammo yet) so I cannot confirm it happens only with normal ammo. Anybody with the same experience?

Unless I'm mistaken, this is an intended feature. If you fire non-SD rounds from a SD weapon, you'll still get aggro. I believe it works slightly better the other way round though - SD rounds out of a non-SD weapon will make a noise to you and anyone around you, but the zombies won't react for some reason.

Could be wrong though, been a while since I've tested that.

I had the same issue with the same gun whilst using normal rounds. Once I found the SD version of the rounds the issue was diminished. Still had a few probs with Zombies hearing but not to same extent.

Game is very hard at the moment but loving it.

I know some of you guys are having a few issues with it but work with the game, not against it. It will pay dividends

R4Z0R49:

The sound is done based on the rounds so using SD rounds would have no sound, using normal rounds projects a sound. I'm not sure if this is an arma 2 config mistake on mags for that weapon or if it follows the same system as the m4a1 cco sd and can use both types of mags.

However if you bring this up again when we start doing the next main patch ill try taking a look and maybe limit only to SD rounds to make it a little more simple. i am no gun expert so i'm not sure if its possible to fire both types of round i would need to look it up.

• Like 1

As you're currently in the thread, R4Z0R, I might as well ask, as it's been bugging the tits off me - I presume you're aware of the issue with zeds remaining stuck completely static right on top of loot spawns (particularly those outside un-enterable single-story houses, but it's pretty widespread)? Is this a side effect of the problems that the zombies have been having in 1.7.7, or a new bug altogether (or - please god no - a deliberate feature)?

• Like 1

This isnt a bug it was done on purpose. In the old days we had zeds standing on loot spawns but as many of the old timers know this was very bad as zeds never needed to see a player to attack they just had to be within 3 meters they didn't even have to run an animation. We added alot of new check system's to make sure zeds could see players so we decided to get this added back in. If you think about about it a little more it does make sense zeds would not all be moving around some wont be doing anything at all not even standing. It also adds a nice do you take a risk to get the loot under the zeds. But like all new systems they need to be improved as we more along the Alpha stage.

Most of the attack/chase/loiter system has been redone and as you all know something new also brings new issues to deal with.

• Like 2

huh ?

Why would anyone remove you ? Your stating your opinion based on what you be leave to be correct. I am yet to see any real reason or example of why surface sounds from concrete effect your game play out side of you trying to run around towns. All current surface sounds are from Arma2 we haven't changed any in dayz from what i can remember.

Okay, I'll make you a video, even though it's pointless since you're the developer of the mod and should be well aware of the problem.

Are you feeling okay? Did you take your medicine this morning?

No-one's so much as hinted at removing or warning you, and in fact, they're being considerably politer to you than you are to them. If you have an issue, by all means raise it and let's talk about it, but don't be an ass when there's no need to be, as it'll just escalate from there and the issue at hand will get lost in all the mess.

I am not in need of medicine, I'm angry at the dev team for ignoring the issue and the complaints.

The sound is done based on the rounds so using SD rounds would have no sound, using normal rounds projects a sound. I'm not sure if this is an arma 2 config mistake on mags for that weapon or if it follows the same system as the m4a1 cco sd and can use both types of mags.

However if you bring this up again when we start doing the next main patch ill try taking a look and maybe limit only to SD rounds to make it a little more simple. i am no gun expert so i'm not sure if its possible to fire both types of round i would need to look it up.

you can fire supersonic rounds out of a silenced weapon... and vice versa. Suppressors work with both, but it reduces the noise with subsonic rounds a lot more, truth is pistols are only just verging on supersonic (9mm) depending on load, so most rounds would still work fine with a silencer.

I remember years ago, when people werent making suppressors for large calibre centre fires, the silencer used to mess with the accuracy, but id say this has something to do with the shock wave and baffles, and dosnt seem an issue with modern ones, must have allowed for the greater pressures from supers. (although ive seen an sks blow a suppressor to bits, with the baffles being rattled outta alignment.)

So for a comparrison with rifles, a .223 (5.56mm) sounds like a .22 when suppressed firing supers, or a .308(7.62mm) sounds like a .223.

ill edit in the why... a suppressor works like a muffler, it traps the gas as it leaves the muzzle, through a series of baffles, slowing its release, greatly reducing the boom, from the expanding gases, however if the bullet is still supersonic, it will still crack as its breaking the sound barrier, but it is still a lot quiter.

Edited by KingOchaos

This isnt a bug it was done on purpose. In the old days we had zeds standing on loot spawns but as many of the old timers know this was very bad as zeds never needed to see a player to attack they just had to be within 3 meters they didn't even have to run an animation. We added alot of new check system's to make sure zeds could see players so we decided to get this added back in. If you think about about it a little more it does make sense zeds would not all be moving around some wont be doing anything at all not even standing. It also adds a nice do you take a risk to get the loot under the zeds. But like all new systems they need to be improved as we more along the Alpha stage.

Most of the attack/chase/loiter system has been redone and as you all know something new also brings new issues to deal with.

That's fair enough, and I understand the reasoning behind it, but at the risk of sounding like a whiner, I do think it could do with a little adjusting - I fully support the idea behind some zeds doing nothing - it makes perfect sense that not every zed will simply be wandering round, and the idea of having to grab loot from more or less right under their noses is an appealing and dramatic one.

However, at the moment near enough every other loot pile has a static zed right on top of it. I have no problem with having to sneak right past one stood 5 metres away to get to my loot, but it seems overly unfair and a kind of 'fake' difficulty to have zeds physically standing on top of loot piles, especially with the frequency they're doing it at the moment. It's almost impossible for an unarmed/newspawn player to get loot from rural areas at the moment.

Sorry whats random about it ? i'm a little lost on what you be leave is random about surface sounds ?

I phrased it oddly, so sorry about that. What I mean is that due to the tick-based Zombie AI, it seems like there are many instances where they are, for all purposes, just not paying attention, and for others they seem acutely aware of the entire planet. Which isn't really a problem since they don't pose too much of a threat anyways, but imo it's just not the right balance.

Any chance of decreasing the general sound sensitivity that Zombies have at the moment, and maybe increasing their eyesight while making them lose players they've already found less often?

Due to the way that sound detection works, it's very random and takes control of the game away from the player. This kind of mechanic is fine in small amounts, but I feel that by implementing this suggestion, you could keep Zombies as dangerous as they are now while also giving players more control over their character and gameworld. This encourages a stealthy kind of playstyle and a caution that I think might be a good idea to pursue.

Zetal

Only attracted to loud noises such as gunfire

The buildings would have to be hollowed out and insides modelled for them. Yes, it is quite hard to do. I can't see it happening in the mod but in DayZ standalone you will be able to enter 95-100%% of the buildings in Chernarus.

DIG IT!
  • Like 1

Okay, I made the video. Just showing off the randomness and the surface noise. A bit too much if you ask me.

Edited by Sutinen

Road making road sounds, grass making grassy sounds.

Tho that road sounds like gravel and looks like tarmac. Should be a difrent sound.

And in most buildings when you wals on concrete stairs you get metalic stair sound..

Dont forget: those are Arma2 sounds, and that game is some 4 year old, its ok for its age :)

All this discusung is pointless since we will be playing SA eventualy and all sounds and shit will be difrent there.

Since SA and DayzMod are 2 difrent thinghs how is it logical to keep developing Mod, why dont you release SA as it is now and work on updating that?

If you are thinking about releasin a flawless game....think again.

Edited by marko4231

Road making road sounds, grass making grassy sounds.

Tho that road sounds like gravel and looks like tarmac. Should be a difrent sound.

Dont forget: those are Arma2 sounds thats some 4 year old game, its ok for its age :)

All this discusung is pointless since we will be playing SA eventualy and all sounds and shit will be difrent there.

Since SA and DayzMod are 2 difrent thinghs how is it logical to keep developing Mod, why dont you release SA as it is now and work on updating that?

If you are thinking about releasin a flawless game....think again.

Forward this to Dean no point asking us ?

Okay, I made the video. Just showing off the randomness and the surface noise. A bit too much if you ask me.

I'm not seeing anything at all out of the ordinary there.

I dont either... middle of the day running on concrete?

I did a quick google of makarov muzzle velocities of the pm makarov, all the standard loads are subsonic, and should work silently in a suppressed pistol... It shouldnt make one iota of difference between sd and normal mags.

Edited by KingOchaos

After playing this patch for a bit , I am convinced the amount of bleeding caused by zeds is way over the top .

Blunt force trauma from their this wouldn't cause fatal bleeding , maybe a small bleed , but you're not going to bleed to death from one or two hits , which right now , is quite likely if you have no bandages .

Most likely you would get nasty bleeds from them feeding on you , when you're on the ground .

TLDR way too much bleed damage , from zed hits .

I just hopped on a server and started aggroing zeds. It wasn't supposed to be anything out of ordinary. If you would just lower it a little bit now, I would be grateful?