r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

I had a base in woods with a couple tents and buildings.

All of a suden hordes started spawning on me, some 20-30 zombies at once. Used 4 mags of Mg36 when i run out of ammo.

Defended with hatchet as long as i could. Zombies were spawning all around, i could see them apearing out of nowhere some 50 mtrs away?

Is that normal?

Realy made me mad. No privacy anywhere.

Edited by marko4231

New fix seems to have made better all those things people complained about, I did however notice that if my blood was below 12k, to the point where the screen loses some of its colour, it would jump between full blood colour and say half blood colour, very flashy and annoying lol. And I am sure that's probably already been mentioned but i'll be damned if i'm going to trawl through 17 pages of attacking/defending to find it!

Two things I've countered that are quite annoying:

1) If you pick a weapon from the ground with your action key (mine is binded to wheel scroll) and you have primary weapon it replaces (like it should) the weapon you had in your hand but that weapon you had should be dropped on the ground, right? Not happening, I've tried it few times... ended up losing the gun that I had in hand... it just disappears... lost my m4a3 cco because of that when I accidently pushed the action key and there was another weapon on the ground with no mags, nice.

2) Zombies doing a weird "dance", they get stuck and start going around and around and same time warping there, doing these silly warp loops all over again AND zombies seem to warp/teleport few meters even when running to you or running behind you.... pretty hard to get those headshots when they seem to teleport all over like the zig-zagging isnt' enough. Anyone else noticed this weird moving behaviour with Z'ds?

• Like 3

yeah zombies teleport all over the place and when you take aim they teleport again and punch you in the cheek from the side when they where blatantly stood right infront of you

• Like 1

Yeah, thats anoying. I climbed a tower and the zombies lied down and waited for me. Some were turning in circles while lying down, going forward and left/right, like a dog chasing its tail.

Seemed retarted. Some sloppy coding there.

It's a bit harsh to call it sloppy, I'm sure it's a hard thing to do, it's not like the mod is unplayable because some zombies are 'a bit thick' lol, some still do the business.

I can imagine once they fix one thing it has a breaking effect on another. Must be more frustrating for the guys doing all the hard work than us, much more. We get regular updates (for nowt) and they listen and implement things the community ask for.

I wasn't happy with the poor standard of loot so I just got my uberadminHelios to tinker with it :)

The infection rate and the bleed rate need to be addressed Going through 3 bandages and 2 antibiotics in 4 zombies is just stupid

Getting infected from walking up behind a zombie and killing em with a melee before they attack should not result in an infection

The warping when you pull the trigger or adjust your lead is getting very bothersome (this only happens when they are agro'd)

Agro range is just silly now. I am in a building kill one with a melee weapon and now zombies behind a wall or fence are now charging me. Gunshot agro is beyond rtarded now

I was playing and zombies were all over the place spawning out of no where, dropping in from above, just appearing out of thin air. There were zombies that came out from under ground. Is that a new feature? buried while infected then climb out of the ground? Then they started multiplying right in front of me. First there'd be one, then two then four. I was hacking them down with the machete at this point as I was completely out of ammo. Then a Ural showed up and about 16 zombies got out the back and bum rushed me. I totally got like 10 of them when the other 6 pulled out SAWs and started shooting me.

This patch is totally too hard.

• Like 3

I was playing and zombies were all over the place spawning out of no where, dropping in from above, just appearing out of thin air. There were zombies that came out from under ground. Is that a new feature? buried while infected then climb out of the ground? Then they started multiplying right in front of me. First there'd be one, then two then four. I was hacking them down with the machete at this point as I was completely out of ammo. Then a Ural showed up and about 16 zombies got out the back and bum rushed me. I totally got like 10 of them when the other 6 pulled out SAWs and started shooting me.

I lol'd.

In all seriousness they might as well give zombies SAWs and DMRs, at this point you're lucky to get out of Cherno/Elektro Alive.

Edited by BigJames89

In all seriousness they might as well give zombies SAWs and DMRs, at this point you're lucky to get out of Cherno/Elektro Alive.

It was funny the first time cuz he was clearly joking, but I'm worried you might actually be serious?

• Like 1

It was funny the first time cuz he was clearly joking, but I'm worried you might actually be serious?

I don't think he realises the secret power of buldings...or running past the zombies in a slighty bigger radius than pre this patch.

Yeah, thats anoying. I climbed a tower and the zombies lied down and waited for me. Some were turning in circles while lying down, going forward and left/right, like a dog chasing its tail.

Seemed retarted. Some sloppy coding there.

That warping left&right is stupid looking and very annoying. That happens everytime in barn when zombies try to climb the stairs. Very hard to hit in the head or predict when they suddenly warp in front of you. I think Razor said that it'll be fixed in the next patch which is my favorite fix in the next patch if it happens. I didn't see that behavior before the hotfix.

Cant get a simple answer.. guessed it.

I upgraded my machine to a FX 8350 and a HD 7950 from a Phenom II 955 X4 and a HD 6870 .. And the funny thing is that i get actually worse fps then i got before, from 32 in cherno to 23 .. This whole engine is a mess. Im just waiting for standalone. If its the same i just say goodbye to day z

Cant get a simple answer.. guessed it.

I upgraded my machine to a FX 8350 and a HD 7950 from a Phenom II 955 X4 and a HD 6870 .. And the funny thing is that i get actually worse fps then i got before, from 32 in cherno to 23 .. This whole engine is a mess. Im just waiting for standalone. If its the same i just say goodbye to day z

You should be getting a much better frame rate than that with those specs.

Maybe this will help http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28160-guide-how-to-set-up-your-graphics-properly/

Guys, help me please, i have an amd radeon hd 6870 graphics card and an amd fx 8-core processor black edition. Dayz lags horrible, i have to play on the low graphics, does anyone have fix or patch?

Zombies behaviour that been discussed in past few pages came with the hotfix, I think and I'm pleased to see that the issue is being adressed and hopeful about it to be fixed. Razor and those guys behind these patches are doing a great job at trying to improve the mod for us. If I may I would like the Z'ds be more of a threat in the next patch more like they were in 1.7.7. One thing that could make them harder is that they cause to bleed more often... maybe everytime they hit you, you'll start to bleed?

Edited by the-kuutti

the last couple of days im just looting empty cans but its really hard to find

I don't get any FPS issues, the only real issue I'm trying to figure out now is why the hummer, MH6J, and AN2 is spawning in debug

Anyone experiencing poor framerate should make sure they are on the recommended 103718 arma2 beta patch, as the latest ones have been shown to cause problems.

• Like 1