r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

Antibiotics on doctor zombies' loot list might be a good idea?

I don't mean to be a cause for alarm, but the Silenced G36 Camo spawns in 1.7.7.1 at chopper crashes. Our server is fully up to date with everything, and I found one in a chopper crash. I've heard others say they found them too.

Is this deliberate or is it a bug?

I would rather see the infection rate higher and the tents more reliable than decreasing infection rate... that is just my opinion though.

Really, can you tell me which ones because I play in all vinalla servers so NONE of them I have ever seen have this ability of course unless you happen to find one of them then you can park under it but they are normally inside large cities so pointless. Moving them would be EPIC!

I'm not sure if it's Epoch or Origins.

**** Something I mentioned long long ago after playing wasteland was the camouflage netting that we could use to hide things under. Why hasn't something like this been brought into dayz so we can use it to hide a vehicle under or a tent under inside the tree line. It worked great in wasteland for hiding certain things and would be awesome to have that or some kind of a vehicle tarp/cover to hide your stuff. Espically since those white cars stick out like a sore thumb :( *****

I liked the zombie damage and infection rate so hopefully that will get bumped back up to what it was so zombie still stay a real threat. However in doing that, antibotics should become a little more spawn worthy. Few nights ago, a group of 4 of us looted 3 hospitals, 2 medical tent stashes and then went back through the hospitals and only found 1 anti in that 6 hour session. It the first 14 hours of looting between days I never found more than 2 total.

Zombies and infection should be tough but also need a reliable way of getting ride of the disease... either upping the ANTI spawn OR fixing tents "rest" to actually be usuable in any tent you come across no matter whose it is. I am glad we cannot spam the "rest" but tents are nearly worthless right now... You cannot rest in someone's tent unless its yours, and if you happen to die you cannot sleep in the tent you placed on your last life. The only way to do it is by carrying a tent in your backpack and keeping it with you (Takes up 3 spots I believe)

Also this 15 minute spawn rule is slightly crazy... can or will this be reduced to something less time consuming? 5-7 mins sounds like a good time.... but waiting around a Heli Crash site for 15 minutes just to see what spawns feels like a huge waste of time after I just spend 45 minutes traveling there and dangerous none the less. I don't like just being able to sprint in grab loot and go... but I also don't like having to find a tree close enough to hide in, go afk for 15 mins while I wait for something to appear. Needs a good balance and 5 mins sounds fair.

***** Something I think would be awesome to add would be bike crafting ***** being able to take 2 tires, hull, engine and fuel parts and creating a peddle bike (not a car or anything fancy) just a peddle bike :D

Crash site loot is spawned by the server, and is permanently spawned on server start--no need to wait for it to spawn. If it has no loot, then it will not spawn loot--waiting does nothing.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's Epoch or Origins.

I see, thanks but not interested in playing others really. Just would like to see it in the mod and eventually in the standalone

@ joikd That was really just an example, heli sites, hospitals, apartments, firestations and military barracks all fall into that example. Dangerous to just sit around for 15 mins to wait, while it just too me so long to get to them in the first place.

Edited by erocean

Well, what have you done with the zeds again? Again you can lose them easy running through the small bush. They are like in 1.7.6.1 again... :(

No, they're not. They still run faster than in 1.7.6.1 right?

Zombies are pretty to close to where they should be right now in regards to aggroing and being able to lose them.

It takes a little effort, yet it's not impossible or incredibly tedious as in 1.7.7.

I think you should ramp infection rates back up a bit and make antibiotics a bit more common and add them to all residential loot tables with a relatively low drop rate, it's really not uncommon for people to have ABs in their home.

I got infected about three times yesterday so it's not that infection rate is too low.

Edited by Cadian412
  • Like 1

I think they set the chance to find antibiotics to 0.01 almost everywhere (including hospitals, med spawns in general, etc). To get healed by resting in a tent also should now be at 0.01. However, they decreased the infection rate.

Edit

Giving tents a chance of 1 percent each 5 minutes to cure infections indeed is close to pointless. Can't imagine that one really counts with that.

How about setting the antibiotics spawn chance to 0.03?

I'm just using custom loot tables for my server so there's a lot more loot in general.

This isn't hate mail, just my thoughts on the hotfix based on a few hours of play.

In terms of the zeds, it functioned fine... immersion was fine with 1.7.7. It wasn't perfect, but it's never going to be perfect. People may have had a point about infection, the clunky knockdowns and getting hit from a good distance away (I thought this last was a problem as well), but in terms of getting aggro'd the zeds were actually a threat. With the hotfix, out in the open in the middle of Cherno, I killed 10 zeds in a couple of minutes with only a Lee Enfield and 2 clips (with 2 bullets left over - mostly looking down the sights during the aggro) without having to run for cover and lived to tell the tale with very little blood loss and no infection. That was wave 1... perhaps, I was lucky. But, then I then killed 6 more in the same spot using the last of my Enfield rounds and my M1911. I only ran for cover when I was out of ammo. I was able to walk upright most of the time and not draw aggro in Cherno - a PvP wet dream. My thought is, it's too easy. Now people may say: you wouldn't be able to be out in the open and do that on a high pop server... but that's not the point. Yes, players are a threat, I don't think we've ever had a problem with the players not being a threat... the zeds, however, have gone back to being a mild nuisance... fairly easily dispatched and only occasionally giving you a wollop that's harder than a shiatsu massage. You can now waltz into markets and houses looking for loot with very little threat. And, if you do draw aggro, you can easily outrun it and lose it.

The upside is, that they don't seem to hit you from far away anymore and they don't give you an infection as often - though, you definitely still have a chance of getting it. I love the new knockdown animation... I wish it happened more often and I hope that sometime we'll get a cool knockdown animation for those using a pistol. It will also be interesting to see how the new zed spawning mechanic works with PvP. When you're on your own, you walk into a town and it seems empty... but that's because zeds are spawning inside buildings. It takes a bit of time for them to come outside - if they ever do.

My two cents. :)

I really like this discussion. I think there are a few viewpoints to take on this, I dunno who is right.

on one hand you want zombies to be real viable forces that you need to burn up resources to deal with. However with how big and open the world is and when played in a true survival mode (not a server with 500 fully working vehicles) - you are asking an awful lot from a player in terms of committment (time and energy) when you make it extremely difficult to get loot. If it takes 20 hours to get the parts you need to get a car working because zombies are so hard to deal with I don't know who you are appealing to (especially when you factor in human encounters). I only have a few hours a week to play, the most recent core patch made it so hard to get started - zombies were knocking me down constantly, infecting me, it wasn't that much fun. If I had more time maybe but it's asking alot.

On the other hand if you make zombies weak and they basically just become background noise then why even have them. And why even have them is a good question. Would Dayz be just as good without zombies and just humans. I think you have a pretty good argument from some that it would be. I think to some the biggest benefit you get from zombies is how they alert you to other humans, that mechanism could easily be done in other ways.

To some, a 20 hour gaming session where you are crawling past zombies is fun, to others it's tedious.

Something I've noticed that seems pretty pointless.

DMR_DZ spamming the addweaponcargo.log

There are now two types of DMR in the game.

"DMR" & "DMR_DZ"

Which one is going to be staying in the mod?

A lot of characters still use the "DMR" while people finding the weapon in the new loot tables are getting the "DMR_DZ".

I only ask because I have tools that recognise weapons in the database and this is a bit of a "what? why? when?" situation.

Edited by KaMikaZeDaN

Eh, that is what wasteland is for... lots of players, no zombies and lots of fights. If I only got an hour or so to play I don't even load up Dayz (no point really) so I load up wasteland and kill some guys.

*** In Reply to oompah sorry forgot to quote it lol ***

Edited by erocean

Do I need to update the mission file when updating a server from 1.7.7 to 1.7.7.1?

I get connection timed out error in my browser when trying to access the mission generator http://www.silentspy...sion-generator/ so I cannot get a new mission file.

Edit: The timeout problem is gone now and got my mission file updated!

Edited by Wnt

The new patches don't work keep getting script error # 8 and booted even before I'm in the game starts. Is this known to happen.

Role back the patch I enjoyed playing the game then, Now it don't work correctly with being booted for script #8 . its a mess now back to BF3 for me and wait till you fixed the problems, BTW the zombies are far to hard line Now...

I'm just using custom loot tables for my server so there's a lot more loot in general.

I basically like the loot and also think it has been increased with the patch(?). The problem I have is the infection / cure thing, which somehow was/is a bit weird. Thanks though. :)

That was the idea to stop them being put in dumb locations. You can get them close to trees just no longer in them.

Well that is depressing. was this to make people start using the stashes?

As if hiding tents wasnt hard enough, now there is no such thing as a "good spot for my tent".

A tree was our best friend when it came to tents, now they shun us like the smelly kid in school.

I try to pitch my tent under some trees and they say "LEAF ME ALONE!!" and "I wont help you hide your tent, you're barking up the wrong tree". But in all seriousness, this is a pretty bad intentional bug. Depressing to say the least. Might as well remove tents from the game completely.

• Like 2

Work hard to repair a car that i found on Prigorodki - found 2 wheels and toolbox in Cherno, running and seeking in entire sity... Make two visits running to Cherno and back, and again. It was 30 peoples on the server... I heard so many shots and death messages in left down corner of the screen i cant count them... I sit and look how 4 peoples in Prigorodki killing each other... Finally i got infected. But i have meats alot, and running and running. It is only one wheel left to repair a car, and i finally found antibiotics and i am happy, but... ZOMBIE HIT ME THROUGHT THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..... i have got infected again and i have 1000-1500 blood. So i am dead.

Edited by EduardBezer

Well that is depressing. was this to make people start using the stashes?

As if hiding tents wasnt hard enough, now there is no such thing as a "good spot for my tent".

A tree was our best friend when it came to tents, now they shun us like the smelly kid in school.

I try to pitch my tent under some trees and they say "LEAF ME ALONE!!" and "I wont help you hide your tent, you're barking up the wrong tree". But in all seriousness, this is a pretty bad intentional bug. Depressing to say the least. Might as well remove tents from the game completely.

Nope just getting ready for other stuff to come.

• Like 4

Nope just getting ready for other stuff to come.

Did I just hear base building? =)

Edited by Ken Bean

Is infection still in the game? I wont be playing until it is gone or antibiotic spawns are common. All that kept happening was you'd get tagged from like 10m away, oh look I have infection, well I'll vault off the nearest tall building and run back to get my stuff.

It just isn't fun.

Edited by Miffy
  • Like 2

Whats wrong with it

Gilli suits never worked with female skins properly if i recall... I was warned never to use a female....

And I love all the people who trash talk people who understand the difference between UNREALISTIC and HARDER.

I am pretty sure 99% of the people who didnt like the patch due to its ridiculous unrealistic characteristics that result in the game being more challenging, would WELCOME more challenge if it made sense. But many characteristics of the patch just didnt make sense and make the game just silly instead of harder.

All points have been stated in this thread already but just sick of the "oh great you listened to the carebears" posts.

Great job DEV team in reacting, only a couple more hotfix's and the game should be in good shape.

• Like 2

Whats wrong with it

You cant wear skins like ghillie suit, etc

• Like 2

I would first like to say thank you to the DayZ development team, because they do an amazing job trying to do what's best for the community. This game is an amazing work in progress, and I really can't wait to see where it goes from here.

That being said, I think a few things in this hotfix made 1.7.7 take large steps backwards.. People were complaining about 1.7.7 being too difficult, when in reality it was not. It was only difficult if you continued to play the game like it was 1.7.6, but if you changed your game play style, the only difficult aspect was the infection rate. Don't sprint through towns in the middle of the day, and isolate the zombies, and you can live. I actually started cooking meat and using water bottles again, it really felt like a survival mode. Now its right back to running past the few zeds you see in a main town with no consequence whatsoever. People are going to get bored and start Team Deathmatching like it is wasteland. Shooting doesn't attract a crazy amount of zombies anymore, and the zombies it does attract are waaaay to easy to lose again..Forget using a melee weapon now, everyone else is going to have their DMR out.

The biggest problem i have with 1.7.7.1 is the zombies. I believe the wandering, and actually very dangerous zombies are what made DayZ finally feel like a zombie survival game. When i first started playing DayZ last year, and I had no idea what this game was, so I was deathly afraid of the zombies. The first few hours i spent hiding and making may way around the zombies until i got safe enough to loot something, hiding in trees, and trying to be a ninja. I did that because I had no idea how awful and useless zeds really were. Once you figure out the easy exploits you forget they exist, and that is exactly what has happened with this hotfix. For a few short days, 1.7.7 made you realize what DayZ could actually be ; a game centered around the idea that you are out in the wilderness, defenseless, the zombies are eeeeverywhere, and the odds are AGAINST YOU. It is an immersion that no other game has seriously come close too.

The fact that people were complaining about difficulty was a testament to how good your update really was. You changed the game play mechanics in a way that people couldn't do their everyday exploits and get away with it. You made it so that people were actually working together to try and find some rare loot like antibiotics or blood bags, because if they didn't, they would actually die. The only time you die in this game should not be to a glitch or another player, the fact that people were dying from the zombies all the time was a GOOD THING. Yes, the infection rate was a little too high, so they should've tweaked that a bit, but they shouldn't have nerfed the zombies back into non-existence.

I am not angry, because I understand this is the infancy of this hotfix, I just really hope the community realizes that making the game play more like it used to, isn't an upgrade. While it may be easier for your, and more familiar, realize that those are not good things. This should not be a typical shooter.

DayZ is supposed to be about zombie survival.

So enough rambling, here is the productive part of the post lol. I want to provide feedback.

My suggestions would be :

- Bring back the wandering zeds.

I was having an fps issue, but the majority of it was not from the wandering zeds, it was from the latest arma2 patch. When I rolled back one arma2 beta patch on my rig (Dual core 3.11ghz, radeon 4850, old rig lol), I started getting double the fps, even in 1.7.7. If i can get 20-30fps on a full 45 person server, everyone else probably could too lol. I'm sure the wandering zeds caused some lag, but they were an essential part to the game. Small fps hit < More zeds, in my opinion.

- Undo the zombie targeting and spawn system in this latest hotfix

The zombies are easier to lose, and they only spawn when you get really close to them in towns. The distant zed spawn and relentless zombies from 1.7.7 were far more challenging, and it made them not such a dead giveaway for other players. Seeing a zombie in town wasn't weird, it didn't give away peoples positions so easily, which led to better immersion.

- Keep the infection rate system you created for viral zeds

The viral zombie idea is a good one. My only suggestion be that a Viral zed has a more pronounced skin, or maybe really bright glowing eyes.This way we can tell the difference between them.

- Addition to current infection rate

Make it so that a non-viral zombie can infect you, but only if it makes you bleed. Non-viral zeds have a 25% chance to infect if they make you bleed. Adds to immersion.

-To counter-balance raising infection rate, make blood bags have a 33% chance to cure infection.

It can only be used once every 5 minutes, and must be completed for the cure infection chance to count. If the idea is that a zombie gets you infected by getting zombie crud into your blood, maybe replacing your blood has a chance to cure that? Makes a little more sense than sleeping your infection away at least lol. This would really help people not be so mad about infection rates if they had 1 more option for curing it.

This is all I have for now. I will keep giving more feedback as I keep playing the latest hotfix.

Edited by NikoGT
  • Like 12