SmashT

E3 Expo - June 2013 - Interviews and Gameplay

I could see some controversy surrounding the suicide option.

We'll see how that plays out.

I'd actually like that, but I'm afraid it be misused. I think it'd make it easier for fresh spawns to cheat their way out of a bad spawn. It should be limited to having a pistol or rifle or something. It'd be pretty disturbing finding someone against the wall who's blown their brains out and it's stained the wall.

• Like 1

HVHbUaY.jpg

3kdIfFX.gif

Hahahaha, thanks guys!

SmashT, now all we need is for you to put a caption POOP and then he makes the face xD

Aaaah, this is gold

I plan on always carrying one poisoned canteen just to piss of anyone that kills me.

I plan on pissing in one of my Canteens, will be great after a Bandit has shot and killed me and taken all my Gear, goes to take a Swig from his newly acquired Canteen......... Blahhhhh

I could see some controversy surrounding the suicide option.

We'll see how that plays out.

I'd actually like that, but I'm afraid it be misused. I think it'd make it easier for fresh spawns to cheat their way out of a bad spawn. It should be limited to having a pistol or rifle or something. It'd be pretty disturbing finding someone against the wall who's blown their brains out and it's stained the wall.

i think rocket mentioned that you need a gun to kill yourself. so if you spawn at a horrible place, you first have to find a gun, which is not really easy in the standalone. and at that point you already gathered some stuff and invested quite some time, you would not really want to make suicide just to get the chanche to spawn somewhere different, since walking there costs the same amount of time like finding a gun to kill yourself.

this is still not going to prevent people to jump from buildings though... especially with short loading times, people are encouraged more than ever to kill themselves that way.

I don't think it means anything.

Anyways, I don't hate Valve. I just say that to get attention. I admit it, I'm an attention whore. But if I wasn't, I'd come across as pretty bland. So be thankful I act like a complete dumbass. Very thankful.

i actually prefer your more constructive posts like above. makes you 10 times more likeable and valuable to the community. you are free to post your opinions, but whitout proper arguments, you will only make people angry. or if you wanna troll, then you must do it properly, like g000gle. he is the funniest troll on this forum. a rare breed of trolls i actually enjoy.

HVHbUaY.jpg

if you want to hoard massive amounts of beans, post it on the "just saw rocket again" thread, this is the place where such pics are posted :D

Hahahahaha, look at the thumbnail on the same VG247 video

THE FACE! LOOK AT THE FACE!

so whats the recent guesstimate for the release?

My personal guesstimate would be first half of July.

Nobody talking about the notes? This is the fucking sexy awesome stuff that I exactly was hoping for :thumbsup:

• Like 1

what notes? for me its just too much meaningless content to follow all of it. Just so much redundant talk, i dont have the time to fish out the relevant information.

EDIT: Mostly the same stuff, but some new info on night time.

EDIT2: Actually, after finishing watching the whole thing this was quite a good interview.

EDIT: Just now realized how funny it is that the biggest complaint with DayZ is that there is no release date, that it keeps getting pushed back and was set to release six months ago. And Dean wears VALVe around his neck.

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 9

So good to hear Rocket is going to do his own thing...no squad spawns..no stupid clan tags on screen or on the map etc....I am really happy about this :)

( now let's remove 3 rd person and teamspeak :P )

• Like 2

i really dont like this interviewer, he just doesnt seem to get that dayZ isn't an FPS and wants a load of massive sniper rifles and squad spawns and game breaking naffness like that. please don't implement anything like that dean!
  • Like 1

That jackfrag's video is one of the best interview.

/LMFAO on that Reddit questions video's thumbnail. Just noticed it :D

Edited by St. Jimmy

Yeah it was a good interview. I really like Jack and he asked some good questions I thought.

i really dont like this interviewer, he just doesnt seem to get that dayZ isn't an FPS and wants a load of massive sniper rifles and squad spawns and game breaking naffness like that. please don't implement anything like that dean!

what are you talking about? He asked some good questions.

what are you talking about? He asked some good questions.

it wasn't so much the questions but the fact that he seemed to want dayZ to be alot easier than it is intended to be, talking about the knockout thing and how rare AS50s etc will be, show that he wants them in the standalone, and the idea of a squad spawn (which is ludicrous). all of which is something i'm really against. i don't want insanely powered sniper rifles in the game and i don't want a squad spawn. he just seemed like the kind of player that would ruin dayZ given the option.
  • Like 5

Yeh, I got that vibe too. It was a good interview and it was good he asked those questions, thank God he's not making the SA though.

• Like 3

ok so Fraggle i believe in you now please make dean answer my...our questions already!!

• Like 1

Well i don't think he asked the questions to confirm them in or not.

I mean the weapons can be in the game why wouldn't there be high powered sniper rifles in a szenario like DayZ?

If you run into a military base you are bound to find all sorts of weapons. Many weapons you might not even be able to reload properly.

Or only have 1 magazine with it.

So you might find that AS50 in a base but it only has 1 magazine with 5 rounds. Will that be worth keeping over your Lee Enfield with 5 magazines?

If you are a lone survivor not playing in a team for people to protect you?

So as Dean said with the Night vision being really rare i think there should be High powered Rifles of military grade.

As for a squad UI i don't think that is needed. My Friends and i always used the E and Q keys to lean sideways to identify ourselfs.

Always going like EQ EQ in teamspeak.

And with all the new Animations you can do, for example "put your hands up" I mean you could run through Elektro go into the Supermarket,

and a guy with his weapon raised will be behind you and tells you to put your hands up. Could be awesome for bandits to actually rob you instead of just shooting you.

As long as you do what he tells you to do.

Edited by NightmareGER