Sign in to follow this  
-AT- Goose

More guns.

Searched around the forums a bit, didnt find anything really related to this idea, other than "Get more variety of loot." So, figured I'd chip in here.

As I was laying in bed thinking of The Walking Dead, I realized something. I have yet to see a Steyr AUG in DayZ.

That got me thinking. What other guns have I not seen in DayZ? Well, I took a look around my collection, and decided, hey, we dont have ANY of these!

So, just to throw a few names out there, here's what I thought.

Mini-14. Ruger makes it. Generally in .223/556. You could easily make it compatable with Stanag, even though it does have to use its own personal magazines, but thats up to the people who make it.

M1 Garand. Rough, rugged, dependable. Eight 30-06 rounds with amazing accuracy. Really, in a zombie apocalypse, it would shine. Hunting and survival, hands down.

Any .22 rifle/pistol. I myself have a Marlin Model 25M and its just crazy accurate. Perfect for small game, and with the bullets ability to bounce around inside a skull once it penetrates [Close in, it has enough push to enter a skull, not enough to exit.]

Mosin Nagants, but I'm sure someone else has been all over this thought.

More lever action rifles. My 30-30 is literally my backpack gun up here in Alaska, so that alone should speak about its ability to serve as a multi-purpose rifle.

SIG 550-552-556, etc. Amazing rifles, carried in 5.56. I know we do have quite a lot of 5.56 rifles in game, but really, its all about flavor. We could all run around with the same M16a2, but some folks do have preferences.

.357, .44 Mag, 454 Casull. Lets all be honest here, the revolver currently in game doesnt make one lick of sense. 45 ACP in a wheel gun? That should at least say "45 Long Colt". Or, scrap the 45 idea all together for revolvers [because everybody knows 357, 44 mag] and swap it to that. Give some varied skins for the same rounds fired. One guy might have a stainless steel .357 Mag while the other guy has a matte black .44 Mag with a rosewood grip. These are things that just kinda come to my mind.

The Glock family. Now, I really, really hate Glocks, but thats my personal preference. [i'm a 1911 man at heart, and I cant tell you how much I love having it in game.] I know so many people who stand by Glocks like its the best thing since sliced bread, and they all come from so many different calibers, its just a no-brainer.

More Bolt action rifles. Its annoying to only have one single rifle that has a decent scope for lengthly shots, and as sweet as the CZ 550 is, I'd like to see some Winchester Model 70's, Remington 700's, etc. Having a big old scope on a gun makes everything better, because hey, you've got quick binocular ability right there.

Anyway, I'm sure plenty of folks out there are thinking about tons of different guns, but these are just kind of in my mind. Thanks for reading this huge thing, if you did.

Goose Out.

• Like 1

Thanks Dallas. Always appreciate forum navigation!

• Like 1

word of advice: expressive titels, TAGS

threads like yours normally sink into obscurity as fast as they appear. (unless it is a ...ohh a gun thread ;))

This is all very polite.

You fellas are freakin' me the fuck out.

Oh that's right you're used to seeing suggestions get bashed. ^_^

Edited by GOD™

Ruger and Mosin Nagant have been confirmed...however...more and new guns are cool as long they are very very very rare....

Ruger and Mosin Nagant have been confirmed...however...more and new guns are cool as long they are very very very rare....

All the weapons wont be ported straight to SA. Weapons like enfield and wichester are probably not gonna be in. Mosin Nagant and SKS might replace them. And for example, AR variants are probably gonna get narrowed down to M4A1 and M16(A2/A4) (You have to find the attachments). Leaves room for new weapons.

Edited by Sutinen

All the weapons wont be ported straight to SA. Weapons like enfield and wichester are probably not gonna be in. Mosin Nagant and SKS might replace them. And for example, AR variants are probably gonna get narrowed down to M4A1 and M16(A2/A4) (You have to find the attachments). Leaves room for new weapons.

As out of place as the Lee Enfield and Winchester were, I still love 'em and I would certainly miss them if they were taken out of the standalone.

All I'm saying it should be to the point where they're not so much removed from the game but replaced, perhaps make the Mosin Nagant way more common than the Lee Enfield and it's a good trade off to the Mosin, you trade power for more rounds in the magazine but at a cost of the Lee Enfield being significantly more rare than the Mosin.

Perhaps rework the Winchester to be a somewhat modern equivelent of a pistol caliber lever action. They do make lever action rifles to fire .357 Magnum ammunition for example. I'd much rather go for adding more guns but keeping those that work but just tweaking them a little.

Don't forget the Mauser!!

EDIT: Oh and great job being nice to the new guy. Bashes them on the head for being new is pointless and makes us all look bad. Beans for being tolerant :beans:

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

Why is practically every gun mentioned a western gun...?

Becuase some of us loved RDR and are rockstar fanboys?

I wanna see 5-10 different Eastern weapons for every American weapon...

By the way were did you see the Mosin and Ruger were confirmed? And what's this about a Mauser? I'm too busy to go searching dev blogs right now... :huh:

By the way were did you see the Mosin and Ruger were confirmed? And what's this about a Mauser? I'm too busy to go searching dev blogs right now... :huh:

I have no idea where the Mosin and Ruger 'confirmation' came from but it indeed says on the features list of one the older devblogs for the Standalone: "Mauser Rifle"

Not exactly sure which one, I'm assuming a Karabiner-98 but who knows, older ones would be interesting.

*I hope it's a Yugo*

But but but Russian weapons are trash :D.

But but but Russian weapons are trash :D.

1t81K9I.jpg?1

Son. Did you just fucking say that the Enfield isn't going to be in the standalone?

DID YOU JUST FUCKING GO THERE?

I SWEAR IF YOU FUCKING SAY THAT AGAIN.

I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU M8.

FUKIN NO SKOPE ACROS CHRNERUS M8. U FUKIN HEER ME?

Edited by RIGHTLY

Mosin Nagant is not yet confirmed, but check out the Matt's interview from E3. He says 10/22 and SKS are in the game.

Okay It wasn't that one. But in some of the videos they did say something about it.

Edited by Sutinen

Mosin Nagant is not yet confirmed, but check out the Matt's interview from E3. He says 10/22 and SKS are in the game.

Okay It wasn't that one. But in some of the videos they did say something about it.

Hmmm, 10/22 and SKS sounds decent, I would have chosen an Izhmash 22 though :ph34r: as long as there isn't all this M4 SOPMOD CCO EBR CQC RCO CWS tacticrap which seems to permeate a lot of games as of late...

Son. Did you just fucking say that the Enfield isn't going to be in the standalone?

DID YOU JUST FUCKING GO THERE?

I SWEAR IF YOU FUCKING SAY THAT AGAIN.

I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU M8.

FUKIN NO SKOPE ACROS CHRNERUS M8. U FUKIN HEER ME?

ur 1 cheeky kunt m8

jk I'm avin a giggle

Edited by Sutinen

By the way were did you see the Mosin and Ruger were confirmed?

They were confirmed on one of the E3 standalone clips. The one where Matt was playing & talking methinks.

• Like 1