VG247 - May 2013 - Interview with Rocket

I expect this was actually recorded back around PAX/GDC

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 15

Getting ready for the release of a possible "collectors edition"

02QSZAe.gif

Edited by Beck
  • Like 17

Hopefully if it will come out we won't just get a nameplate on the forums. (WarZ)

• Like 4

Getting ready for the release of a possible "collectors edition"

I was born ready.

xEscT4o.jpg

• Like 16

I would be happy with a DayZ zombie bobble head with a collectors edition.

• Like 1

Some DayZ clothing and posters?

Maybe some Dog Tags?

Something DayZish.

Imagine what a fail will be if the servers will start to lag out and crash, or even get DDoS attacks...

Edited by Barrett_killz

Imagine what a fail will be if the servers will start to lag out and crash, or even get DDoS attacks...

Move along people... Nothing to see here.

I added another part of the interview, I don't know why they don't just upload the full thing.

I was born ready.

xEscT4o.jpg

holy shit...reminds me of Alan from The Hangover

• Like 2

If there is available to do in the collectors special extreme edition, I would put this and put RhinoCrantsch 's name on it.

JQv6B5O.jpg?1?9669

Edited by Argamore
  • Like 1

I just hope that they continue to give away keys, which I'm pretty positive will happen

Definitely ready to put down some money for some upgraded Dayz action.

i am most looking forward to the "places of interest" in the northern woods. I can't wait to just get into an SA server and just go exploring fo rnew areas...

As a collector I want a jumbo jet fueled on standby at the airport and a million dollars!

• Like 1

Cool, Don't see why we cant just holster/sling weapons to show non agression.

Shotgun! on whatever is released first...ha beat yall

*interesting...could be coming out pretty soon for alpha ---server architecture(tick)-limited key release (tick)-and now a wider limited release...waiting

Edited by Trizzo

Cool, Don't see why we cant just holster/sling weapons to show non aggression.

Many encounters are spontaneous. You turn a street corner and a man's standing there with a gun leveled at your head. Both parties proceed to awkwardly circle each-other yelling "FRIENDLY!" and hoping the other isn't actually just trying to aim the gun at the other's head. Or, you fire immediately because you just don't want to take the chance. In most cases, if you simply instantly lower your gun (a reflex that is pretty much nonexistent in people who play this game) you'll get shot.

These weird dances are bizarre and don't exactly mirror how such interactions would actually take place-- ie, everyone would start with their guns lowered, because having your gun constantly raised is just something people don't do.

This feature would also add a lot of gravity to pointing a gun at someone. You know it's because he's purposefully aiming at you, and not just looking at you. It'd also add incentive to not shoot on sight, and give friendly players a chance to actually be friendly. I don't think it'd be a stretch to say that the fact that you have your gun raised by default gives an edge to bandits. But let's not forget them; give creative bandits a funner way of acquiring gear (What's cooler than taking hostages?!)

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

So according to the first video the standalone would be out in like the next 2 weeks.

I find that hard to believe but... Ill be first in line for a key if it happens.

• Like 2

^^Too true. At the moment the fact everyone has their weapon raised leads to confusion as you don't really know what a players intention is.

If it takes a conscious effort (ie holding a key) to point your weapon you can assume that it isn't a friendly gesture. Of course by then it could be too late.

I think, also, that it would help put the emphasis on this being a survival game and make it more immersive.

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

I think, also, that it would help put the emphasis on this being a survival game and make it more immersive.
It's the little things such as this, which seem insignificant at a glance, that will bring DayZ into its own.

Take the WIP inventory, for example;

Compared to ArmA, the gear menu is looking a LOT less weapon oriented.

These are the definitive steps towards a fully-fledged DayZ.

• Like 1

Well im not english-native guy , then any one can put it on text , cause i dont understand nothing and im reading all the peopple saying public alpha gonna launch that month , thanks if someone can! , and sorry for my bad english xD im spanish with -1 level on english.

Edited by treirk