rocket

No DevBlog this week but here is some screens

In this day and age when expensive graphics cards are pumping out gorgeous frames by the bucket load in Crysis 3, Arma 3 and Metro Last Light, it IS possible to have the full package. Even Minecraft with its Sonic Ether shaders looks amazing now and plays well.

You're right it is possible to have a product that is balanced in both flash and function and I believe we will get that in time but I want to argue that the Crysis series had more money thrown at it the same with ARMA 3 with it being BI's flagship product, the only anomaly there is Metro as far as I'm aware they didn't have a a lot of cash.

In regards to Minecraft I think that's case and point that at this early stage things like the UI can take a back seat to the core gameplay as far as development is concerned until time and resources can be freed up.

• Like 1

Kiwi! He is a Kiwi! and i would be drunk all the time as well...in fact i am now

He's high on Jesus.

Hah, I just got off work and jumped in in the middle of a conversation about squirrels, sex, penises and a lot of giggling, haha.

Hah, I just got off work and jumped in in the middle of a conversation about squirrels, sex, penises and a lot of giggling, haha.

best insights into game developing EVR!

There's been more than five minutes now, where the hell is SmashT's summary?

• Like 4

There's been more than five minutes now, where the hell is SmashT's summary?

SmashT should do what I did with the last one, just let some organised speed-typer sort it out and then copy/paste it here.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

This is my favourite UI on the Citadel.

I'm colekern and this is my favorite comment on the forum.

Can people PLEASE explain why people are complaining about a font?

Can people PLEASE explain why people are complaining about a font colour?

Can people PLEASE explain why people are complaing about font & font colour in a pre-alpha screen shot?

• Like 1

Can people PLEASE explain why people are complaing about font & font colour in a pre-alpha screen shot?

Lets face it, coders can't design worth shit. Artists can't code worth shit. Coders are about as visually minded as artists are syntax minded.

I'm guessing you don't work in the film industry. :P

you know what im done reading these forums. such retartedness just makes my skin crawl. i wanna thank those of you that have a functioning brain in your cranium but for the rest of you you should be ashamed that you act like this. i thought we we're adults here.

Edited by radrussian1

you know what im done reading these forums. such retartedness just makes my skin crawl. i wanna thank those of you that have a functioning brain in your cranium but for the rest of you you should be ashamed that you act like this. i thought we we're adults here.

a minute for a man who's inner kid is no more......

Edited by joe_mcentire

Empowerment thanks to the response to Cangate?

• Like 1

...makes my skin crawl.

have you considered that you might just be going through menopause? It's nothing to be ashamed of, you know...

2. Foliage. Will the problem with loading foliage at range be adressed? I can see in the picture that even if the graphics are nice and it looks very good, the grass in the horizon is still not there. So a player in a ghillie suit would be very visible. Now, whenever you get in i fight with a ghillie suit player, most people know that you have to go far away so that you can see him. Metagaming like that ruin alot of the gaming experince, I can see other metagaming issues have been adressed several times. And perhaps these have aswell. But as I said, I cannot find any good information on it.

i thought this was redone but ur right.... i did not notice it. sorry, but this is disappointing me

I'm guessing you don't work in the film industry. :P

No I don't, but I went to art college with somebody who does. Does that count? ;)

i thought this was redone but ur right.... i did not notice it. sorry, but this is disappointing me

I am very confused by this response.

The problem of foliage is indeed a deal breaker for me. Will this issue be addressed?

It`s been a while since I have posted in here now, but I still check in from time to time.

The pictures that was posted looks okey. Many of us are already playing dayzmod alot (more than other "complete" games)

so release should be a high priority now (as I am sure it is).

There are however 2 problems that I can not find any good information on.

1. Helicopters. will they be in the release? Most players hunt for them or want them, makes the game alot more fun.

I think rocket already confirmed that there are no plans for Helicopters to be included in the SA. They don't even have vehicles ready for the Alpha release, which is a major disappointment, imho.

2. Foliage. Will the problem with loading foliage at range be adressed? I can see in the picture that even if the graphics are nice and it looks very good, the grass in the horizon is still not there. So a player in a ghillie suit would be very visible. Now, whenever you get in i fight with a ghillie suit player, most people know that you have to go far away so that you can see him. Metagaming like that ruin alot of the gaming experince, I can see other metagaming issues have been adressed several times. And perhaps these have aswell. But as I said, I cannot find any good information on it.

Do some of you remember the game "Joint Operations - Typhoon Rising / Escalation" ? (Only the best game ever)

Hiding in the grass worked absolutely perfect in that game on both short and long distances! You were almost invisible if you were lying in high grass or bushes.

In that game grass / foliage did also show only in your proximity and you couldn't see any grass in the distance - but that wouldn't take away your cover and you would stay hidden.

Don't ask me how that engine worked, but it worked better than any of the ARMA engines (regarding camouflage) ..

• Like 1

wait a little...

ok there was a complete, fleshed out idea on reddit even with pics but i can't find them at the moment...but here is a thread from August! 2012

http://dayzmod.com/f...to-the-terrain/

which describes the proper method.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 2