Lidskjalf

[SA] No snipers, no choppers.

The CZ 550 should be the only sniper in the game. Rare gun, uncommon ammo.

• Like 1

I love this "cry's its not fair people keep shooting me from along way away cry's"

i mostly use M4's and AKs there better all round guns, but no, I don't think just because you don't like getting shot from long range that snipes should be removed

NO gun should be removed the spawn rates should be changed so 50 cals are a lot more rare, but sniper rifles exist and they are used in the army so they so they should be in the game and people like you should just suck it up

this game should be about realism the way the game should be balanced is by spawn rates not by removing any weapon

and as for removing helos you must be shrooming they are great fun, and are basically the end-game content for most people

I have just spotted that you only have 16 posts, that explains a lot,

been getting shot by snipers have you??

think snipers are pussy's do you???

its so unfair that they keep doing this isn't it?

NO it you're fault, use cover, use the trees (and i mean ALL the time), in towns and city's move house to house, cover to cover, stay low move fast, make you're-self hard to hit if you hear a shot run and weave, find cover, fix and kill or bug out

don't blame you're killer for you not being able to play yet, the learning curve in this game is EXTREME deal with it

No kidding, get your head out of your ass. I just don't think that logically in a Zombie Apocalypse people would be flying fucking choppers (or even repairing them for that matter) OR sniping people in the cities for absolutely no reason. The whole problem with the mod in my mind, is that the people that are KoS, bandit mentality is that they suffer no consequences for their actions. Which is why, if you ask anyone who has tried DayZ, has quit because of inept ass clown 50 snipers camping the hills.

So don't tell me that I need to "GEHT BEHDR" because its obviousness is absurd - I am not the only one who sees that snipers are a prominent problem in the mod as it stands.

• Like 1

One shot weapons, sounds like real life to me. I used to be a M2 gunner on a HMMVE and I'll tell you, a .50 cal stricking leg has a tendency to take the whole leg off and then a little more upwards of there as well. Body parts come off in chuncks. I don't think antimaterial weapons are the problem. I think it is the easy use of such a weapon. No real windage involved. Or the face that you realy can't stand and shoot the weapon at the same time.

People talk about what is realistic to find in a civilian market. Out here in Arizona, you do not need a permit to buy a weapon, you do not need a permit to conceal your weapon. If you were to raid my parrents gun safe, where my guns are at too except for my pistol. You would find:

1 Remington 870

1 .243 (scoped)

1 .270 (scoped_

1 30-06 (scoped)

1 M14

1 M1 Carbine

1 .308 (scoped)

2 9 mill glocks

1 1911 .45

1 .357 mag

1 .44 mag

And yes, my father owns a M107, it is to big for the gun safe.

According to the last statistics of Arizona, the average household owns eight weapons.

• Like 1

Sure, no "snipers".

Because your average hunting firearm doesn't look anything like these...

tWGgqKq.jpg?1

9iWWWLU.jpg?1

T0bRXqx.jpg?1

hwJcDmj.jpg?1

AlzGnn9.jpg?1

Notice a common trend?

How about no assault rifles? They're only good for no skill bullet spamming, totally OP!

• Like 3

Hunting rifles, sure. .50? Nah. Besides, it's easy to fly helicopter in TOH. A little bit more difficult, but you get the hang of it in a few hours. I'd say either have a helicopter with NO mounted guns on it or just... Yeah, implement TOH flying mechanics like you said up there.

Hunting rifles, sure. .50? Nah. Besides, it's easy to fly helicopter in TOH. A little bit more difficult, but you get the hang of it in a few hours. I'd say either have a helicopter with NO mounted guns on it or just... Yeah, implement TOH flying mechanics like you said up there.

No mounted guns on helis sounds okay. Honestly if we're talking about anti-chopper weaponry in that part of the world, I think seeing a .50-cal mounted on the back of a pickup would be more effective and more REALISTIC.

I like hunting guns. It's a shame there's only one scoped hunting rifle in DayZ given all the deer stands...

Edited by Gews
  • Like 2

I'm sorry, I did not realise using a weapon that has been placed in the game made me a pussy.

• Like 6

I'm sorry, I did not realise using a weapon that has been placed in the game made me a pussy.

Meow.

• Like 1

I'm against removing helicopters. Just make them harder to fly.

As for snipers, sure remove .50s, but there needs to be some long range weapons.

As for your general attitude towards players who snipe... change it.

I'm against removing helicopters. Just make them harder to fly.

How so?

Yeep, remove the .50s and make the others (DMR, M24 etc) harder to find.

There needs to be more civilian weapons.

- .22 rifle

- .243 rifle

- .308 rifle

- Double barrel shotgun

- Sawn offf shotgun

- Single barrel shotgun

- More lever action rifles

• Like 2

How so?

i think there should be something you have to do beforehand to fly a helicopter, ie: A helicopter manual you can find and then have to read, then that will let you fly a helicopter. Maybe there could be different copies, the more you read, the more responsive and easier it is to fly.

Leave the helis alone...thats a fun team thing and pretty classic zombie material as well (if you don't know what i'm on about shame on you)...heck the infected aren't even supposed to be zombies, they are the infected.

Can any count how many times they have been killed by a heli? I think once for me, doors and small ledges have proven more lethal. I always like the distance woop-woop-woop, diving prone and the stab of jelously...

As for .50s they are gone and that leaves ????

.50 would have been balanced if they weren't semi auto, had such ease of use and could be fire off hand. BUT no need to beat a dead horse they are gone! c'est la vie, bon voyage

Edited by Trizzo

real problem with snipers are the semi-auto snipers , and choppers problem is that is too easy fly it and re-fuel it

No thanks. I like the fear of being shot at by a high powered sniper it makes it all the more satisfying when they miss and you take them down. It's also great when you have no gear but a helicopter is floating about in the general area you are in. Keep them both for standalone If you remove them it would ruin the game it's all about being on edge and not just from the zombie threat. So I disagree, if they remove them it will actually make the game 1000 times worse imo plus I know all the ppl I usually play with would say the same.

• Like 3

No thanks. I like the fear of being shot at by a high powered sniper it makes it all the more satisfying when they miss and you take them down. It's also great when you have no gear but a helicopter is floating about in the general area you are in. Keep them both for standalone If you remove them it would ruin the game it's all about being on edge and not just from the zombie threat. So I disagree, if they remove them it will actually make the game 1000 times worse imo plus I know all the ppl I usually play with would say the same.

Fair enough... I like scoped rifles, helis I can deal with (hope they have native helicopters for SA, not recycled Hueys).

Still, there should be more things to cause that kind of fear than just [a] helis and snipers. I guess it's hard to get that kind of tension from a game or sim - although DayZ already does a far, far better job than most games at actually getting my adrenaline up.

My apologies, I should of mentioned at the beginning of this thread how not one person (if you're striving for realism) would dedicate their "live" to running around with a ghillie suit & an AS50, firing at other survivors of a Zombie Apocalypse. I am sorry, but I don't see ANY logical explanation for them to be implemented in the stand alone. I do agree that they should have the CZ or some kind of bolt action hunting rifle that you can find - but a .50 cal? The military weapons are WAY too common. It seems to me that the real criers are ones like you that are going to complain about not having snipers in the Alpha stage. Oh how it will be glorious! :D :D

i agree that 50. cals are WAY to common but i do not be-leave that they should be removed but they should be MUCH rarer and have more down side when you do have them

Edited by King Tubbs

How so?

I think what they may do with the TOH flight mechanics could be the way forward. The heli's in that are pretty much the same to fly but they just feel better and are affected by turbulence etc. They just require a bit more skill to fly well because you have things like engine torque that affect the flight model.

• Like 1

I think what they may do with the TOH flight mechanics could be the way forward. The heli's in that are pretty much the same to fly but they just feel better and are affected by turbulence etc. They just require a bit more skill to fly well because you have things like engine torque that affect the flight model.

I wish the helis could be modeled with true flight sim fidelity... it would be sweet.

Although when I play flight sims I usually end up staring at a bunch of confusing gauges as I head towards the ground.

• Like 2

No kidding, get your head out of your ass. I just don't think that logically in a Zombie Apocalypse people would be flying fucking choppers (or even repairing them for that matter) OR sniping people in the cities for absolutely no reason. The whole problem with the mod in my mind, is that the people that are KoS, bandit mentality is that they suffer no consequences for their actions. Which is why, if you ask anyone who has tried DayZ, has quit because of inept ass clown 50 snipers camping the hills.

So don't tell me that I need to "GEHT BEHDR" because its obviousness is absurd - I am not the only one who sees that snipers are a prominent problem in the mod as it stands.

I think repairing choppers in a zombie apocalypse would be the most reasonable thing to do. You can fly away from the hordes, you can save other survivors from everywhere, you can basically survive way better than without one. For the sniping, yes, this wouldn't occur in reallife. In DayZ however, there are way more hostile people than in reallife. I personally just use my sniper rifle for counter- sniping.I think choppers should be removed- just because you are SAFE in them- you should NEVER be safe in DayZ.

• Like 1

I think repairing choppers in a zombie apocalypse would be the most reasonable thing to do. You can fly away from the hordes, you can save other survivors from everywhere, you can basically survive way better than without one. For the sniping, yes, this wouldn't occur in reallife. In DayZ however, there are way more hostile people than in reallife. I personally just use my sniper rifle for counter- sniping.I think choppers should be removed- just because you are SAFE in them- you should NEVER be safe in DayZ.

most of the best player to player interactions i have had have involved choppers, I have been saved by them, killed by them, given food by people in them. choppers are awesome

• Like 1

most of the best player to player interactions i have had have involved choppers, I have been saved by them, killed by them, given food by people in them. choppers are awesome

Yes, choppers ARE awesome- and that's why I want them removed.

Let me first explain what MY personal opinion on how the game should be is.

So, I think that the zeds should always be dangerous- when you're on the shore and still after succesfully looting NWAF. I am not a fan of endgame content because that makes zombies not your primary issue, but hunting down players. Let's take a look at the DMR. When you can kill every zed instantly, they aren't dangerous anymore! I think the CZ550 is the best sniper rifle because it's pretty rare, has somewhat common ammo so you don't run out that fast and its fire rate is slow enough so it's not good for close combat.

I think when you're in choppers you are basically safe from the two main dangers of DayZ: 1. players because they won't hit you if you fly fast enough (unless they are VERY skilled) and 2. zeds because- well, zeds can't fly. That's my point: You should never have the feeling of being safe in DayZ. Even cars are somewhat safe, but players in cars can still be attacked by zeds and shot by snipers, so they are not that safe.

Choppers should be extremely rare. I'm not against choppers, I am against every big clan having one. The same applies to snipers.

• Like 4

Yes, choppers ARE awesome- and that's why I want them removed.

Let me first explain what MY personal opinion on how the game should be is.

So, I think that the zeds should always be dangerous- when you're on the shore and still after succesfully looting NWAF. I am not a fan of endgame content because that makes zombies not your primary issue, but hunting down players. Let's take a look at the DMR. When you can kill every zed instantly, they aren't dangerous anymore! I think the CZ550 is the best sniper rifle because it's pretty rare, has somewhat common ammo so you don't run out that fast and its fire rate is slow enough so it's not good for close combat.

I think when you're in choppers you are basically safe from the two main dangers of DayZ: 1. players because they won't hit you if you fly fast enough (unless they are VERY skilled) and 2. zeds because- well, zeds can't fly. That's my point: You should never have the feeling of being safe in DayZ. Even cars are somewhat safe, but players in cars can still be attacked by zeds and shot by snipers, so they are not that safe.

you need to look in to the stand alone zombie are going to be a lot more deadly there will be A LOT of them when you land you chopper you will get swamped

rocket said that you should be able to feel safe in Dayz but ONLY when it is by something YOU have done

in the mod zombies are not you're main issue any experienced player feels no threat from them as soon as they have a Enfeild of Winchester

lastly the SA is not a follow on to the mod AT ALL they don't even use the same engine, thinking that because this or that happens now that it has ANY bearing on what will happen in the stand alone is just plain wrong.

At the mo the most zombies 1 person is going to face to 25-30 in the SA the will be at least 3000 zombies per map meaning you could be dealing with 200-250 zombies at once, how safe will you feel just because you have a AM rifle of chopper cos zeds follow choppers.

and they wont zig-zag or flank or walk indoors they will come straight for you hundreds of them

if you want the game to be dangerous ALL the time then you want to kill the game cos that gets boring very fast try L4D and then say i am wrong

My 2 cents:

Is simplez

Realistic weight system for all weapons + Chopper Flying system close to TOH + Rarer Choppers + Less fuel = WIN

Edited by Zarniwoop
  • Like 9