Lidskjalf

[SA] No snipers, no choppers.

My 2 cents:

Is simplez

Realistic weight system for all weapons + Chopper Flying system close to TOH = WIN

Yeh I pretty much agree. I'd be happy to see sniper rifles stay but only if they required more upkeep, weighed more so that you had to carry them at the expense of other items and required more skill to use (wind etc.). With those things in place only somebody that has spent time with the weapon and practiced will be an effective sniper.

Also, a lot of the arguments I've seen both for and against them haven't taken into account the many more complex game mechanics we're likely to see in the SA.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

I hope even the regular vehicles will be allot harder to drive with the player having to put it in gear, use the handbrake and so on, not just press W or D. A bus (or truck) would be way harder to drive without ruining the engine and you would need at least an idea how to drive a car in real life. Also I hope the HUD for vehicles are totally removed so you can't see what parts of a vehicle is broken or the driving speed without actually looking at dashboard in first person. This way you could ruin the car by being a bad driver or turn of the engine (or just put the car out of gear) when rolling downhill to conserve fuel. Or how about putting another players car out of gear and push it down a slope, on fire? :)

• Like 2

you need to look in to the stand alone zombie are going to be a lot more deadly there will be A LOT of them when you land you chopper you will get swamped

rocket said that you should be able to feel safe in Dayz but ONLY when it is by something YOU have done

in the mod zombies are not you're main issue any experienced player feels no threat from them as soon as they have a Enfeild of Winchester

lastly the SA is not a follow on to the mod AT ALL they don't even use the same engine, thinking that because this or that happens now that it has ANY bearing on what will happen in the stand alone is just plain wrong.

At the mo the most zombies 1 person is going to face to 25-30 in the SA the will be at least 3000 zombies per map meaning you could be dealing with 200-250 zombies at once, how safe will you feel just because you have a AM rifle of chopper cos zeds follow choppers.

and they wont zig-zag or flank or walk indoors they will come straight for you hundreds of them

if you want the game to be dangerous ALL the time then you want to kill the game cos that gets boring very fast try L4D and then say i am wrong

Darn, I didn't think about that you have to land a chopper somewhere lol... Anyways, I think if you aren't stupid enough to land near cherno you won't encounter 200-250 zombies- even with the increased zombie count. If you land in the middle of nowhere (where you're probably going to build your camp) you'll just face ~50 zombies, I think. And what you said about L4D is true, but the difference between L4D and DayZ is that you won't have enough ammo to shoot all of them- you will have to run, you will have to hide... Think of it as an outdoor amnesia with guns and pvp.

"rocket said that you should be able to feel safe in Dayz but ONLY when it is by something YOU have done"

Oh, I didn't know that. Well, rocket knows more about gameplay decisions than I do, so I guess that's right

Edited by Firewarrior64

How so?

Use Take on Helicopters flight system.

I don't mind snipers, but yeah choppers can go, they serve no purpose in the game.

• Like 1

I want a super sniper weapon that can shoot from the stratosphere and I wana be able to ride mir!

• Like 1

My 2 cents:

Is simplez

Realistic weight system for all weapons + Chopper Flying system close to TOH + Rarer Choppers + Less fuel = WIN

Oh, I've got one: Zeroing takes actual times, and moves the crosshair. That way you can't sight a target, quickly tap PgUp a few times and kill him in a matter of seconds.

I hope even the regular vehicles will be allot harder to drive with the player having to put it in gear, use the handbrake and so on, not just press W or D. A bus (or truck) would be way harder to drive without ruining the engine and you would need at least an idea how to drive a car in real life. Also I hope the HUD for vehicles are totally removed so you can't see what parts of a vehicle is broken or the driving speed without actually looking at dashboard in first person. This way you could ruin the car by being a bad driver or turn of the engine (or just put the car out of gear) when rolling downhill to conserve fuel. Or how about putting another players car out of gear and push it down a slope, on fire? :)

Yes. I want to do this in the Standalone. (skip to 0:30)

I think repairing choppers in a zombie apocalypse would be the most reasonable thing to do. You can fly away from the hordes, you can save other survivors from everywhere, you can basically survive way better than without one. For the sniping, yes, this wouldn't occur in reallife. In DayZ however, there are way more hostile people than in reallife. I personally just use my sniper rifle for counter- sniping.I think choppers should be removed- just because you are SAFE in them- you should NEVER be safe in DayZ.

Yeah and how many people have the ability to repair or even fly one on this forum? Very very few. This is my reasoning behind removing them - not only that but its just too easy to fly around and get to destinations VS using land or water vehicles. Since the mod only uses tents for base building, its pretty easy for people to fly around and spot tents & stashed vehicles people try to hide. I've done it personally, its way too easy. With the limited under brush of the forests & miles of fields in chernarus, I just feel that heli's place a huge advantage over everything else (nevermind the M249's on the sides).

So again I ask, how many people in RL have the knowledge to fix a chopper & be able to fly it. Very few. If they are really dead set on keeping them in, I say atleast make it DAMN hard to find the parts to fix it, and make those who have the mechanic skills in the SA have to spend countless hours repairing other vehicles before you can attempt to start repairing a helicopter. So then not every n00b who finds a heli, rotors and a toolbox can just throw it all together and start flying.

My 2 cents:

Is simplez

Realistic weight system for all weapons + Chopper Flying system close to TOH + Rarer Choppers + Less fuel = WIN

Agreed lol.

Edited by Lidskjalf

i agree with you something needs to be done with 50 cals they don't sit right in the game, that means that you should change the way they work not remove them completely

they should make you move and run slower, use water and food faster and make you tired quickly giving you the shakes like you have been running when you walk

and besides the op wants all snipers removed

nope, it should make you drop your backpack, half of your inventory and also makes you walk every time, running wouldnt be an option. it's more than 15kg, wtf. the magazines should use 3 inventory slots, cause they're freaking heavy.

Cmon, remember that the game isnt on USA, where you can buy a sniper rifle on the supermarket, in most places of the world, a sniper rifle is extremely rare, even a CZ550 would be stupidly difficult to find, so dont brag about realism here, FFS.

All sniper rifles should be removed, add some civillian caliber scoped rifles in their place, like .22, .38 and .3006 rifles, that would be as difficult to find as they should be.

Edited by lipemr

If I remember correctly from posts a long time ago from Rocket. He wanted things to be real and not based off of the current definition of "balance" based on what the current game world says it is. A M107 is semi automatic, it is real. And a common sniper weapon as well. I don't want to see weapons in the game that have been modified to "balance well" I want weapons in the game that are pretty close to how they are in real life. Most hunting rifles are bolt actions. This slows things down for those that want "balance". But you don't go around modifying what the actual performance of the weapon is in real life just so that it balances in game mechanics.

Who knows you may end up finding a rifle that you really like and decide that you might want to add that to your weapons safe.

And I have used the .50 cals before. I prefered my m16 ACOG. And if I sniped it was with a M24. I normally would use the .50s for taking out vehicles quickly.

• Like 1

I agree to the no 50. cals thing,like how had would it be to find a proper working 50 caliber rifle in a zombie apocalypse? And then How freaking hard would it be to find ammo for it? I think the onlt snipers in the game should be the cz550 and the SVD, the cz because it's civilian grade and the svd, because I doubt you would find a m107 in a military base outside the us, so the svd does a good role as the end game rifle, now I dissagree on the chopper part, I think it's good as it is (In the SA, not in the mod, in the SA the choppers are harder to fly, and that's what I mean)

• Like 1

Apart from making helicopters extremely rare, I would specially love if the helicopters were realistic to the extent of needing a joystick (At least) and pedals to fly it. I haven't purposed this because I would probably receive lots of cries and hate.

But this would allow to:

-Make choppers an interesting option but a difficult one to choose when playing Dayz.

-Make choppers a very rare event, because it would require to find it and then to find someone to fly it. So that when, while playing Dayz, seeing a helicopter flying should be an amazing moment, and an amazing adventure. Now you see a heli and... Oh, cheaters/Oh, a bandit clan, let's run.

-Make people who really like flight simulation to be the ones that in an apocalypse would have the ability to fly helis, to maintain a proportion.

Now hate me if you want. And cry.

Edited by Mitor
  • Like 3

Rotary winged aircraft require a lot of maintenance, so I'm OK with no choppers. I'm also fine with taking out the anti-material sniper rifles. Removing all sniper rifles is unrealistic though. There are probably 300 scoped rifles of various calibers within a mile of my house right now. Some of them may even be pretty large. For example, several of my friends have deer rifle's chambered in 300 Win Mag. Below is a photo for a quick reference.

50543.jpg

Apart from making helicopters extremely rare, I would specially love if the helicopters were realistic to the extent of needing a joystick (At least) and pedals to fly it. I haven't purposed this because I would probably receive lots of cries and hate.

But this would allow to:

-Make choppers an interesting option but a difficult one to choose when playing Dayz.

-Make choppers a very rare event, because it would require to find it and then to find someone to fly it. So that when, while playing Dayz, seeing a helicopter flying should be an amazing moment, and an amazing adventure. Now you see a heli and... Oh, cheaters/Oh, a bandit clan, let's run.

-Make people who really like flight simulation to be the ones that in an apocalypse would have the ability to fly helis, to maintain a proportion.

Now hate me if you want. And cry.

:'( i hate u

But in all seriousness, I think that this should go for all major skills. For example, properly treating an injury in a zombie apocalypse should be quite difficult, and that should be modeled ingame. Medical treatment should require at least a little bit of real world knowledge and you should get no hints or tips. I feel like this would make everyone value another person's skills more and give an alternative to just KOS'ing. Beans to you.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly from posts a long time ago from Rocket. He wanted things to be real and not based off of the current definition of "balance" based on what the current game world says it is. A M107 is semi automatic, it is real. And a common sniper weapon as well. I don't want to see weapons in the game that have been modified to "balance well" I want weapons in the game that are pretty close to how they are in real life. Most hunting rifles are bolt actions. This slows things down for those that want "balance". But you don't go around modifying what the actual performance of the weapon is in real life just so that it balances in game mechanics.

Who knows you may end up finding a rifle that you really like and decide that you might want to add that to your weapons safe.

And I have used the .50 cals before. I prefered my m16 ACOG. And if I sniped it was with a M24. I normally would use the .50s for taking out vehicles quickly.

"common sniper weapon"? WHAT THE FUCK?

'murrica, 'murrica everywhere...

• Like 1

Rotary winged aircraft require a lot of maintenance, so I'm OK with no choppers. I'm also fine with taking out the anti-material sniper rifles. Removing all sniper rifles is unrealistic though. There are probably 300 scoped rifles of various calibers within a mile of my house right now. Some of them may even be pretty large. For example, several of my friends have deer rifle's chambered in 300 Win Mag. Below is a photo for a quick reference.

50543.jpg

the game isnt placed on america, guns are quite rare to find in any other place than that.

the sniper rifles in game should be only the civillian ones, sniper rifles are rare even on the military aspect.

scoped nagants, .22's, and other civillian cals should be the only ones on the game, and they should be quite rare.

these 'murrica morons need to travel a bit before thinking all the world is covered in weapons and military grade equipment...

'murrica morons

Really? We don't like insults here nor sweeping generalisations which some folk may find offensive.

Please, don't do it again.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

urgalurghahga

Im so glad im not a mod

I would lock any thread about this topic because at least 3 of them are made a week

• Like 1

urgalurghahga

Im so glad im not a mod

I would lock any thread about this topic because at least 3 of them are made a week

True, but alot of them are made like 'I've had it with these shit guns, f*ck this game i hate you fags play it its gay'. At least this guys negotiable.

• Like 2

There are many countries out there who have tight regulations with weapons. There are also many out there who have loose regulations as well.

Chernarus is a Fictitious Country. With three sides. The Russians, The militia group, and then a US backed Chernarus military.

Since this place dosn't egsist and is right next to Russia, Lets use thier Gun laws.

Russia

According to Russia's gun laws, Russian citizens can buy smoothbore shotguns, such as, for example Saiga 12, gas pistols, or revolvers shooting rubber bullets. Safe use of one of the above weapons for five years allows purchase of a rifle or carbine.[70]

In Moscow alone, some 400,000 people legally keep 470,000 weapons.

Okay, you may say well it is based off something in real life. Great, it is based off of Czech Republic. Fine, okay, more restrictive as they have grades of weapons. But hitting up a military base or police station would easily supply you with military grade weapons.

Gun politics in the Czech Republic incorporates the political and regulatory aspects of firearms usage in the country. Policy in the Czech Republic is in many respects less restrictive than elsewhere in Europe (see Gun politics in the European Union). The most recent Gun Act was passed in 2001, replacing the previous law and tightening the legislation slightly. Firearms in the Czech Republic are available to anybody without a criminal record and aged above 18 (or 21 for certain license categories). Self-defense is an acceptable justification to obtain a firearms license. The Czech gun laws also permit a citizen to carry a concealed weapon without having to specify a reason.

In 2010, there were 311,876 licenses and over 700,000 registered firearms[9] (for the 10,7 million population) Math = 1 in 15 houses has one.

Any thing more this Moronic 'murrican can help you with?

• Like 5

the game isnt placed on america, guns are quite rare to find in any other place than that.

the sniper rifles in game should be only the civillian ones, sniper rifles are rare even on the military aspect.

scoped nagants, .22's, and other civillian cals should be the only ones on the game, and they should be quite rare.

these 'murrica morons need to travel a bit before thinking all the world is covered in weapons and military grade equipment...

Well that's a pretty prejudiced statement. It seems to me like there are always scoped rifles around. People use them for hunting, and they are often passed down to following generations. I think you're the one who's uninformed on the global dissemination of firearms. Incidentally, I'm very proud to be an American, and I don't need your external approval.

Chernarus is a Fictitious Country. With three sides. The Russians, The militia group, and then a US backed Chernarus military.

Three separate armed factions in one small region, this fact alone guarantee's an above average amount of firearms in the area.

Hello there

What some folk are trying to say, albeit in a poor way, is that many folk from countries where gun ownership is common sometimes have a view that civilian weapons like AR15's are commonly available everywhere. It vastly varies country to country. (As has been pointed out)

Here in the UK we have fairly strict laws governing guns, personally I can think of one person who used to legally own a gun (stored in a bolted down safe) in my town and if the SHTF there's no real way I'd be able to get to it thusly negating its existence to me.

We do have an army cadets barrack in town, but I know how secure their limited range of weapons is. There's no chance I could breech their armoury.

So, even if there are weapons available not all are reachable.

IMHO I think 50 cals should be removed, thats just my opinion. If they're in I wont complain too much

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Sure, I get it, and I agree about the .50 cals. I know that many countries have very rigid gun laws, especially in Europe and the UK. Still, there are many areas of the world where firearms are quite common. A short list off the top off my head follows: North and South America, Africa, Russia, the Middle East, and the greater part of Central Asia as well as South East Asia. So, I can certainly appreciate your side of it, I just got irritated when that other fella started to 'murrica me when he was actually the incorrect one. Anyway, take out the .50 cals, leave in civilian variants, that's my opinion. Cheers.

Thom

• Like 1

I do like the arguments with statistics of similar countries and firearms. If we could strive to emulate that, I'm sure it would be, at the least, a refreshing change from the DayZ mod (especially if you consider the types of guns available and not just numbers).