dashx73 (DayZ)

Pay a development company to make DAYZ

In that case I got great news for you!

:facepalm:

you said you want him to be real with you bro... why doesn't he just straight up tell you, hey " im a slacker, I dress like a slacker, the game is being developed by slackers, and hey slackers unite tomorrow..
I'm sure he would, but he's been hillwalking recently. Or so I hear.

Bloody slackers, eh?

• Like 2

For some morbid reason that would hurt everyone else and my self, I want Rocket to start climbing Everest AGAIN, in a shaggy t shirt with holes in it and all the print is so wrinkled you can't even tell what the T-shirt was suppose to be about. But Rocket would probably need a few heat packs and antibiotics to make it up to the top, and from what I heard Sherpa Clan went full Bandit. Also, do you honestly think Rocket's the ONLY person working on Standalone, and that everything just grinds to a halt when Rocket isn't around?

Hate to tell ya, but they aren't going to just abandon all work and switch to a completely different engine because there are some qualities which might make it better according to one person.

• Like 3

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOHEMIA 4 WIN

please no, it will become CodCoD YOU HEAR ME, CoD

• Like 2

It doesn't even sound like you want to play DayZ, just some weird arcade zombie game made by business executives in suits.

Sounds kind of awful.

• Like 5

Hello there

The OP is entitled to his opinion, but I think he is more suited to games more down the Warz route. There are several mainstream Dayzesque games in the pipeline I think OP should look out for them.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

Why would they change engines when they're nearly finished? That makes no sense. "Hey guys, I know you're almost done, but why not start over from scratch?" You've got to be trolling.

Why would they change engines when they're nearly finished?

Nearly finished? Where'd you get that notion? Dont confuse mod advancement and the SA. Different beasts.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

was war inc any good? I just watched a video on it, and i think even the war inc engine would make dayz cooler.

maybe I just like that defiance/ war inc style..

:o

He's trolling. Or sub-down syndrome. Either/or, NO.

So you basically want a completely different game? Cool! There's loads of em, have fun.

If Rocket wore a suit this game'd be finished by now.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 8

No, ArmA engine suits perfectly the game, I can't imagine chernarus on bifrost/unreal/quake engine

• Like 1

rocket needs to just drop everything and climb down that stupid mountain walk into Trion Worlds slap his ideas book on the counter, and plead with them to make the game from scratch. Without asking him any further questions, just take over the entire project, and give him a % of the profit when its out on xbox and ps and pc.

Lol, no. Just no, fuck console gaming.

• Like 2

So you basically want a completely different game? Cool! There's loads of em, have fun.

If Rocket wore a suit this game'd be finished by now.

No shit! What a moronic thread, this is probably one of the only games out there that has serious potential. Corporate stooges are the whole problem with the video game industry.

• Like 2

When I see a guy in a suit, I think of a car salesman. The one who is the best thief on the lot is dressed in the best suit.

I too thought this guy was serious till he started to judge a game by how much money the lead developer spent on his cloths.

Everytime I read a dashx73 post a small child dies.

After playing Mass Effect 3, I find the death of children to leave me apathetic.

• Like 1

"Finally as project lead I wouldn't be off climbing mount everest, but i would invest my own time, sweat, blood, into this game, actually working on this game, and let the game market itself"

if i invested 100k into doing something i would do that thing not sit there and baby sit a very capable team.

• Like 1

"Even if it isn't exactly how you want it, you will make enough money and the game will be out"

are you kidding me?

• Like 2

This was the first mechanics of this type to work on the xbox, of course it had problems but they should win world class awards for their support and constantly improving, its not about the tv show, thats just its marketing, lets just look at the game the server, the engine, and the bare bones. Everytime they had a problem, they fixed it, worked on it, or made slow fixes until it was fixed, I call that world class support,they stand behind their product and get it as close to perfection as the hardware limitations allow. and they did an awesome job at that.

No, ShadowRun had cross-platform multiplayer. I don't understand why you assume the current dev team doesn't work to fix problems. As a matter of fact, that is why we are waiting on DayZ right now.

If you don't think the person who made the mod and basically the game itself can do a good job, then go play defiance, you trust those people right? If you like the defiance/war inc. style you can play WarZ, it's basically war inc with zombies and it's as buggy as defiance on console so that might suit you, if you think they should get people from rockstar because of the third person shooters experience they have, you are wrong, because this is not a third person shooter, ArmA only has the third person camera because of the periferal view problem, and if you're concerned about the vehicles ArmA 3 has pretty good physics on vehicles maybe if you watched, the "youtube devblogs that took a 4 year old to put together" you'd know that the game is already on private alpha so the game is made, they are only adding some more features and finishing the map, don't tell me they are taking too long because they have been in development for just over 6 months, and also, what engine would suit more DayZ than the engine it was created on, war inc is a crappy game, the graphics are not great, the maps are small, and defiance is no too great either, maybe the game itself is nice, I haven't played it, but it certainly does not look appealing, DayZ already has it's audience, I mean ArmA sold 1 million copies because of DayZ and Bohemia didn't spend a penny on advertisement, the mod wasn't able to be polished enough because it is a mod, it's not the modders fault, it''s because the game and the engine does not have the capabilities of doing so, plus if it was a polished game, how much do you think they could polish a game in a year? battlefield 3 is a 2 year old title and there are still bugs from beta, big fixing takes time, first you need to know what causes the bug in the game, if it's a vehicle moving too fast, if it's a shot landing in a specific are, etc... and then you need to find what's causing it in the code, then find a way to fix it, it's not childs play you know.

Also all those interviews and meetings are important, rocket has stated that there is where they meet the gamers that will play this game, and he gets feedback from them, this game is going to be perfect, everybody is going to love it, because it was made based off of the community's ideas, it's not like rocket came in dictator style saying I want this and that and I don't give a damn about what the community says.

If they sold the game to another company to develop it, it would take maybe even up to 2 years to make it, those 2-5 guys working on this game when they have full time jobs that aren't this game, are more people, you still think DayZ is a project made by rocket and his friends in his garage? DayZ is a full project by Bohemia interactive, the people working on DayZ are working on it full time, sure they have other things on other games, but the only game bohemia has in "development" right now other than DayZ is AmrA 3, and that's in alpha, so they're just bug fixing by now.

Also, DayZ is not coming out on Xbox 360, it might come out on One, but certainly not in the near future, it has beenm stated that if DayZ succeeds, they will port it to mac, and then they would see if it is possible and if it is profitable to port over to console

I feel Dayz would be better suited to be an arcade style survial game, we don't even need realistic bullet drop, when you don't even have realistic animations that look like you are picking something up, I think it would be better as an arcade that it would be as a simulator, if thats what your calling it.. have you played defiance?

the point im saying is, Im worried about the servers, behind dayz, Im worried about the lack of professionalism, im worried, that it seems like they have no money backing it up and that they are putting the same amount of time into the game as they are the dev blog, but i guess time will tell.

If you want an arcade shooter with no bullet drop, play CoD, you basically want another game, if you and a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL GAME it's supposed to be ralistic (not in terms of zombies but on terms of the other stuff) that's where the SURVIVAL comes in, DayZ takes skill to be good at, arcade shooters don't I've played BF3 for more than a year and I'm an average player, I played CoD for a month and I felt like an MLG pro, arcade games are just easy and hey, BF3 still kinda comes into the arcade shooter category, DayZ is supposed to be a hardcore, punishing, hard survival apocalypse game, not "defiance" or "war inc" this game is just not aimed at casual gamers.

I haven't like any game that the developers didn't take care of the servers, it causes to many problems, from admin abuse, "rules" game changes, ect..

ps. I would feel much better if I could see a "Dayz released june 2013" or a preorder now, or a on Xbox arcade, or ps3, or similar like every other game does.

Seriously Why can't we pre-order, im sure they could use the money.. at least buy rocket a new shirt to wear to pax. no never mind you said you want him to be real with you bro... why doesn't he just straight up tell you, hey " im a slacker, I dress like a slacker, the game is being developed by slackers, and hey slackers unite tomorrow.. either way.. one day I look forward to playing dayz standalone.. lets hope its in the next 20 years

You do know that developers don't get any money from offering pre-order, in case you didn't know, when you pre-order, you are basically reserving yourself a unit of the game when whoever is shipping it to you gets it into stock, you pay it the day it gets shipped, not when you place the order

was war inc any good? I just watched a video on it, and i think even the war inc engine would make dayz cooler.

maybe I just like that defiance/ war inc style..

Dude do you even understand the way an engine works? Do you think you can go ahead and grab any engine and throw in a 400+ squared kilometers map and have the graphics of ArmA 3 and not have a buggy and crapy game? as I stated before, War inc's graphics are not too good, the maps are the size of kamenka, and it still is a bit buggy, why do you think BF3 doesn't have 128 player servers like MAG and maps the size of chenarus, because the engine does not allow it in it's current state, the engines are optimized for each game, you can't simply take the files or whatever engine and make whatever you want in it, it has limitations

Edited by IncognitoNico
  • Like 1

rocket needs to just drop everything and climb down that stupid mountain walk into Trion Worlds slap his ideas book on the counter, and plead with them to make the game from scratch. Without asking him any further questions, just take over the entire project, and give him a % of the profit when its out on xbox and ps and pc.

That is by far the stupidest idea I have read all day.

This is the worst suggestion for DayZ that I have ever read, even worse than the troll ones.

the point im saying is, Im worried about the servers, behind dayz, Im worried about the lack of professionalism, im worried, that it seems like they have no money backing it up and that they are putting the same amount of time into the game as they are the dev blog, but i guess time will tell.

You come on here and insult them because of their appearance and other things, and yet you're worried?

You truly are an ignorant person.

Defiance is not a good game. A waste of money, in my view.

How much could I pay you to re-think everything that you posted here and put some common sense in at some point?

What I find ironic is this, something you posted a couple of days ago:

if you do not have anything intellectual to communicate why do you bother posting.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 4

Battlefield 3 uses Frosbite 3

Arma 3 uses Real Virtuality 4

Defiance uses Havok

THIS IS PATHETIC

Edited by JIJOK

I haven't like any game that the developers didn't take care of the servers, it causes to many problems, from admin abuse, "rules" game changes, ect..

ps. I would feel much better if I could see a "Dayz released june 2013" or a preorder now, or a on Xbox arcade, or ps3, or similar like every other game does.

Seriously Why can't we pre-order, im sure they could use the money.. at least buy rocket a new shirt to wear to pax. no never mind you said you want him to be real with you bro... why doesn't he just straight up tell you, hey " im a slacker, I dress like a slacker, the game is being developed by slackers, and hey slackers unite tomorrow.. either way.. one day I look forward to playing dayz standalone.. lets hope its in the next 20 years

You are asking for Pre-orders?!

:facepalm: x1,000

Do you also want DayOne DLC ??

I swear you must be trolling or you own Trion Worlds Stock

Pre-ordering is a terrible thing. Look at all the people that got screwed by the Aliens Colonial Marines Pre-order. moron