mattlightfoot

DayZ Double Developer Blog 14th May 2013

I tough there would be something to laugh at when I saw gummys avatar from the frontpage... (latest poster)

Son, I'm disapoint...

• Like 2

Surely 'alpha' is not a 'ready' and something to be 'happy with' :huh:

so then define 'ready' please. i hope there is a universal definition or else your argument is pretty invalid i guess. 'ready' as long as it isn't defined by the producer/developer himself is something very subjective.

I think we should calm down here a little bit. Maybe we can agree that Dayz and everything related to it is fairly unique to date. so it's painstaking to discuss whether the deveolping team should do so or should do so. i really do not understand how i'm in a position - as a pot. costumer - to demand how a product shall be build and advertised. if i really do not like it i probably will not buy it.

that said i can understand that many ppl see the great chance and potential dayz SA has, to become an absolute stunner and with the icing on the cake: the involvement of its community. so some may become impatient or even angry at that point.

Edited by joe_mcentire

Its coming out for christmas, Shosho knows a guy inside Bohemia and he told us in one of his streams. Its for strategical purposes, as the sales boost more at Christmas time.

He was misunderstood - when dayz SA comes out, it'll be like Christmas

Edit: this outfit should definetly be in Dayz; only thing missin on this pic are some zeds ;)

Edited by Xul

I heard ShoSho last week in his vid talking about a mate of a mate of a mate whose girlfriend's cousin's cousin once worked for the bloke who did the cleaning for the guy who owns the big shop opposite BI. It's flippin true lol

At this point I don't care how long they take, I'm enjoying DayZ Origins at the moment and when the SA arrives it'll be a pleasant surprise.

The people working on the SA deserve our respect and our patience in my humble opinion. Some posts on here remind me of my mum telling me when I was a little phil that this house is not a feckin hotel. I was a demanding little beggar. :D

And as Dean has completed his Grand Old Duke of York I'm sure his next devblog will be the nuts.

Edited by philbottle

Surely 'alpha' is not a 'ready' and something to be 'happy with' :huh:

Neither did DayZ, though. Dean Hall has been employed by Bohemia since before DayZ and he was not the only person working on it.

Ready is according to the English diction - "in fit condition for immediate action or use"

A releasable state seems to fulfill that definition to me :)

• Like 5

so then define 'ready' please. i hope there is a universal definition or else your argument is pretty invalid i guess. 'ready' as long as it isn't defined by the producer/developer himself is something very subjective.

My argument is invalid? Never heard that one before.

Why does it need to be defined? What I wanted to know is if it should be called 'ready' and something to be 'happy with', not if it could be. As a side note, I read a post saying that the game would be released in time for Christmas sales. If that's true, I'd like to say that I think hyping up a Christmas release for something that won't be finished yet is immoral.

Edited by gummy52

Why does it need to be defined? What I wanted to know is if it should be called 'ready' and something to be 'happy with', not if it could be. As a side note, I read a post saying that the game would be released in time for Christmas sales. If that's true, I'd like to say that I think hyping up a Christmas release for something that won't be finished yet is immoral.

A streamer said he had a source that said it would be released to take advantage of Xmas sales. When a Youtuber or Streamer says they have a source you can pretty much take that with a pinch of salt. They all claim to have sources for every game they cover.

You're very determined to be negative about every aspect of the SA. You're entitled to be but it just seems you're clutching at straws a bit now.

Edited by Fraggle

You're very determined to be negative about every aspect of the SA. You're entitled to be but it just seems you're clutching at straws a bit now.

That's a misrepresentation. I didn't know who made the Christmas comment, I said that I read it and that "if it's true".

You're very determined to devalue anything I say. I can back this up by claiming that almost every post I've made, no matter what hour of day, has you commenting with ad hominem shortly after.

Nyeess. Well I promise not to respond to anything else you post. It's pretty apparent that nothing any of us have to say will change your views.

That's a misrepresentation. I didn't know who made the Christmas comment, I said that I read it and that "if it's true".

You're very determined to devalue anything I say. I can back this up by claiming that almost every post I've made, no matter what hour of day, has you commenting with ad hominem shortly after.

If you had read a little further down the page you would have read a comment from Matt, an actual employee of BI saying that was bollocks.

As for the bolded bit, you do that all by yourself with this incessant trolling of yours, very tiresome.

Edited by RedNome

You're very determined to devalue anything I say.

You're doing a fine job of that yourself, no extra help needed.

:|

Are you seriously still suck on the Christmas sales?

Here's the deal.

Rocket said in August: "The standalone has to be ready by the end of the year."

He never said anything about the Chrsitmas sale. He said this in August, two months after the first WarZ announcements, at this time gaming media was eating up all the lies from Sergei Titov and only the most crazy DayZ fanboys were calling out bullshit. Rocket and BI were forced to consider WarZ a serious competitor and knew they had to attempt to beat WarZ, who were getting a lot of media attention.

In the following weeks/months Rocket did qualify his statement and also said he would not compromise quality for an early release. I guess that was easier to make that statement after WarZ released their early alpha build, which were completely devoid of content. I don't know how much WarZ's quality affected Rocket to decide to go for a major engine overhaul, but as WarZ released a clusterfuck of an abomination at Steam's Christmas sale and was promptly taken down by Steam, I figure that if Rocket and BI weren't already in emergency mode, they certainly would be now. They received solid confirmation that being first with a product doesn't mean a thing, if your product is worthless.

Now DayZ fans where divided in two camps, those who wanted to play the Standalone in their Christmas holiday and those who wanted a quality product. The first group began speculating that Rocket/BI withheld the Standalone for January 7-8th, so they didn't have to give their fans a Christmas discount, while the other group repeated to post quotes from Rockets saying the Standalone would be delayed if wasn't ready.

gummy52 I think you're going to confirm that the Standalone will fail, because your rigid thinking has made you blind to anything DayZ provides you. You've not been able to move on from the Christmas delay and because of that, anything DayZ related will continue to offend you. You remind me about the other guy, who never fails to remark that vehicles wont be included at launch.

If you're unable to forgive Rocket for delaying the Standalone, maybe you should simply move on. There are many other fish in the sea. If you can't change your distorted perception, maybe you should stop placing yourself in a position, where you're constantly unhappy and causing unnecessary grief to yourself and us. No matter how bitter and persistent you are, you can't somehow turn back time and allow Rocket to magically release the Standalone December 2012.

It's time too look forward buddy.

• Like 6

Here's the deal.

He never said anything about the Chrsitmas sale. He said this in August, two months after the first WarZ announcements, at this time gaming media was eating up all the lies from Sergei Titov and only the most crazy DayZ fanboys were calling out bullshit. Rocket and BI were forced to consider WarZ a serious competitor and knew they had to attempt to beat WarZ, who were getting a lot of media attention.

In the following weeks/months Rocket did qualify his statement and also said he would not compromise quality for an early release. I guess that was easier to make that statement after WarZ released their early alpha build, which were completely devoid of content. I don't know how much WarZ's quality affected Rocket to decide to go for a major engine overhaul, but as WarZ released a clusterfuck of an abomination at Steam's Christmas sale and was promptly taken down by Steam, I figure that if Rocket and BI weren't already in emergency mode, they certainly would be now. They received solid confirmation that being first with a product doesn't mean a thing, if your product is worthless.

Now DayZ fans where divided in two camps, those who wanted to play the Standalone in their Christmas holiday and those who wanted a quality product. The first group began speculating that Rocket/BI withheld the Standalone for January 7-8th, so they didn't have to give their fans a Christmas discount, while the other group repeated to post quotes from Rockets saying the Standalone would be delayed if wasn't ready.

gummy52 I think you're going to confirm that the Standalone will fail, because your rigid thinking has made you blind to anything DayZ provides you. You've not been able to move on from the Christmas delay and because of that, anything DayZ related will continue to offend you. You remind me about the other guy, who never fails to remark that vehicles wont be included at launch.

If you're unable to forgive Rocket for delaying the Standalone, maybe you should simply move on. There are many other fish in the sea. If you can't change your distorted perception, maybe you should stop placing yourself in a position, where you're constantly unhappy and causing unnecessary grief to yourself and us. No matter how bitter and persistent you are, you can't somehow turn back time and allow Rocket to magically release the Standalone December 2012.

I think you've got your wires crossed this time buddy, not to defend Gummy (fuck you for making me do this B) ) but he's talking about some stream retard who claims to know someone working at BI saying the game is scheduled to be released in time for the Christmas rush this year, it was subsequently rubbished by Matt later in the thread when he said it would be released when they were happy that it was ready to be.

Edit: this is the post he was referring too http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/135668-dayz-double-developer-blog-14th-may-2013/page__st__200#entry1333722

Edited by RedNome
  • Like 1

Gummy is that guy who isn't happy that vehicles aren't included at launch. Might be the same guy :D

• Like 2

I think you've got your wires crossed this time buddy, not to defend Gummy (fuck you for making me do this B) ) but he's talking about some stream retard who claims to know someone working at BI saying the game is scheduled to be released in time for the Christmas rush this year, it was subsequently rubbished by Matt later in the thread when he said it would be released when they were happy that it was ready to be.

Edit: this is the post he was referring too http://dayzmod.com/f...00#entry1333722

Thanks for the correction, I might have jumped a bit on it.

Still I think he's better off revisiting his whole attitude towards the standalone, as is seems everything about it offends him.

• Like 1

Here's the deal.

Nice essay B)

Still? I've made one comment on it.

If you're unable to forgive Rocket for delaying the Standalone

I think that they aren't delaying it enough. If you ask me, I think they're rushing it out the door the moment they finish programming movement.

TBH I just think Gummy has a retarded idea of what an Alpha is.

From what I've read he expects alpha to be an amazing finished game, where only a few small features are needing to be added.

When in reality, alpha is a clutterfuck of missing content and broken things. Anyone who bought minecraft in its very early years will know how enjoyable a game can be in its early stages (and cheaper)|

But also know how much a game can change and how many things break.

Gummy you need to realise that the Dayz Alpha, won't be any different, it will have a strong foundation and an awesome team behind it, but like over 50% of the content won't be there and shit will break

If you accept that, Dayz alpha will be amaze-balls and you will love it.

If you dont, you will hate it and it will also be your fault as literally everyone working at BI has said what it is over and over again

• Like 1

I work at Bohemia, we have no release date. To put it bluntly :), It will be released when we are happy with it and when it's ready.

Garbage. You will do what your told and when by the people that employ you

TBH I just think Gummy has a retarded idea of what an Alpha is.

From what I've read he expects alpha to be an amazing finished game, where only a few small features are needing to be added.

When in reality, alpha is a clutterfuck of missing content and broken things. Anyone who bought minecraft in its very early years will know how enjoyable a game can be in its early stages (and cheaper)|

But also know how much a game can change and how many things break.

Gummy you need to realise that the Dayz Alpha, won't be any different, it will have a strong foundation and an awesome team behind it, but like over 50% of the content won't be there and shit will break

If you accept that, Dayz alpha will be amaze-balls and you will love it.

If you dont, you will hate it and it will also be your fault as literally everyone working at BI has said what it is over and over again

I don't want to sound rude or anything... But they've got 7 more months since they "said" it had to be out before the end of the year. Of course people will get mad, I myself is a bit angry over a product that gets delayed even though it'll be better. And if it'll be delayed through the summer it'll piss me of even more as I've waited for it for so long.

We know this "Alpha", so even though it has many deficiencies, I do not blame.

Just hope SA soon as release.