mattlightfoot

DayZ Double Developer Blog 14th May 2013

here we go again.... :D :D :D..every f*** devblog thread again and again...it is getting tired... so i bought myself a sheep. if i have nothing else to do i go outside into my garden and watch it browsing my lawn...can't wait to eat that bastard.

1837386,PoSkyXFWWReS+MxlyABAigNhaPA9Y0VnLbahRBORwmkHJ2WSkYN8QvVHWXhseUmHNbM4IA5dX+8Gp7hFqW3Zow==.jpg

Edited by Private Evans

1837386,PoSkyXFWWReS+MxlyABAigNhaPA9Y0VnLbahRBORwmkHJ2WSkYN8QvVHWXhseUmHNbM4IA5dX+8Gp7hFqW3Zow==.jpg

ohhh...that's so MY Bertha!

Edited by joe_mcentire

It's just so weird because no one cries at Peter Jackson and screams "Finish Bilbo you idiot, you are losing customers!!!!".

EDIT: Or The Hobbit as it is, you know, actually called. :P

That's the French title as well! XD

• Like 1

Because its all down Hiill do you run back or at least Jog, I reckon I could get down in a matter of hours ;)

Still get a kick out of this comment whenever I think about it. Well played. I should sig it, really.

• Like 1

There should nearly be a thread just for complaints. That way people don't have to look at them all in the Dev blog threads.

• Like 1

There should nearly be a thread just for complaints. That way people don't have to look at them all in the Dev blog threads.

i mean why not. i think every forum needs its ranting area.

i mean why not. i think every forum needs its ranting area.

Definitely. Each forum category should have a reputation rating which only allows certain users for each category eligible to express their thoughts and opinions into; prevents trolling/flaming by a ten-fold.

haha ...of course a section for everyone to go there by choice to rant and complain. this doen't mean noone's allowed to express his/her thoughts in any given thread of course.

on the other hand you could get a feeling what ppl are worried about if they use a specific thread more frequently in such an area.

well ok then.....come to this place! it isn't far away from czech rep and implement this god dammit!

http://www.google.co...iw=1680&bih=945

(is considered as one of the strongest fortresses of all time; the Turks as well as Napoleon were never able to conquer it. after war Napoleon was so furious about that fact that he let take apart the whole stronghold - it has several tunnels from WWII in it) DO IT!

edit: only the massive elevation with the clocktower is meant of course...

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Looks like a bigger Lyubol on Tavaina :)

NO! >:(

;)

Edited by joe_mcentire

COD also didn't begin as a small hobby project by a single person on a niche military simulator.

DayZ also didn't :-)

Rocket was a game-developer before he started DayZ and it was ment as a proof of concept for Realtime-Environments in the Arma engine. He wanted to show that persistent servers are also possible, not only "by mission"-gameplay like arma2 usually is.

I get your point, but it's not entirely accurate.

• Like 1

God damn interwebs, you can never get away with a mistake. :)

• Like 1

I hope the standalone comes out at the end of June or July..If not that then December is cool to.

Its coming out for christmas, Shosho knows a guy inside Bohemia and he told us in one of his streams. Its for strategical purposes, as the sales boost more at Christmas time.

Its coming out for christmas, Shosho knows a guy inside Bohemia and he told us in one of his streams. Its for strategical purposes, as the sales boost more at Christmas time.

But can you confirm this?

I'm no marketing expert, but 6 months of not selling a product, doesn't sound like a strategic move at all.

Especially since if they release it in July, word will spread faster, which means more Hype at Christmas, which means people who have never heard of the game would buy it.

In fact the more I think about it, the less sense it makes. for COD it makes sense, a billion 12 year olds who are poor want it, they all get it for Christmas. Makes sense

But Dayz is like 20 bucks, or it will be. So I dont see many people being held off till a birthday or christmas.

Also if it gets released now they can probably increase the price by Christmas.

Anyway I'm rambling, I guess what Im saying is that unless I get a good source, I'm going to dismiss a december date a nothing but bs

• Like 6

I work at Bohemia, we have no release date. To put it bluntly :), It will be released when we are happy with it and when it's ready.

• Like 9

^Lies. LIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Only thing up there i see is the page number. Are you saying the page number is a lie? :o

Yes i know what he was replying to.

Edited by Noszombie
  • Like 1

I work at Bohemia, we have no release date. To put it bluntly :), It will be released when we are happy with it and when it's ready.

Well Christmas is a time where everyone should be happy..., or St. Nicolas Day, or THanksgiving, or Eurovision Song Contest..

How much did they pay you to say that? Tinfoil.

• Like 2

I work at Bohemia, we have no release date. To put it bluntly , It will be released when we are happy with it and when it's ready.

Surely 'alpha' is not a 'ready' and something to be 'happy with' :huh:

COD also didn't begin as a small hobby project by a single person on a niche military simulator.

Neither did DayZ, though. Dean Hall has been employed by Bohemia since before DayZ and he was not the only person working on it.

Edited by gummy52