Mr Yoloswag

Best gun for player hunting

On a standard server, I will take the MP5SD for close to almost medium range. It is highly underrated for taking down another player.

Where available, the L86 LSW is amazingly lethal - up close and beyond 600m. And the AA12 w/HE rounds ...

I would use the fn fal if it's ammo was much more common than it is. :)

The M14 is a good weapon too, but currently most people regard it as a full pvp weapon and shoot on sight.

Still gonna stick with my Enfield and destroy/bury anything else.

Apart from rare ammo, there is one serious flaw I've found with the FAL... if you have a ghillie, it frequently obscures the front sight. Could easily be fatal.

• Like 2

Apart from rare ammo, there is one serious flaw I've found with the FAL... if you have a ghillie, it frequently obscures the front sight. Could easily be fatal.

I've noticed this with some hand guns aswell like the 1911 and the makarov, I wasn't sure it affected some rifles, nice find.
  • Like 1

The crossbow if you're a badass

Yes, it is, and with a little bit of luck you can get back your ammo...

Lee-Enfield is the most practical weapon for player hunting. Its accurate (600-700m, maybe more), two hit kill, ammunition is plentiful, and you wont rage quit over the loss of your not-so-precious Enfield. Yes, it makes a stupid amount of noise, but not much more than firing a DMR. (which has been suggested). My favorite load-out is an M4A1 CCO SD (for stealthy kills), PDW, and a Lee-Enfield. (note: last time i had this setup, i died with 28 player kills) I have even turned down M107's and AS50's for a Enfield.

Lee is a good gun for starting out and surviving. Im pretty sure we`re talking about "hunting players" though, in a modern era. The DMR is the Lee but in the 21st century. Its designed to kill people, really far away, with a scope, with 1 bullet but you can do it 20 times over thanks to the 20 rd mag. If you have a Lee against someone with a DMR, M4, AK, Scar etc your going down. Lee is a common starter gun the happens to deal high damage. That doesnt make it the perfect player killing machine. Well unless your clubbing newly spawned baby seals on the coast.

Crossbow would be good and might get my vote if you always got your ammo back and it had atleast an acog.

DMR or Scar mk17 Silent sniper are the two best all around for killing players.

I rest my case...

Edited by JDM
  • Like 1

I haven't noticed that with the Fal. Next time I have Fal and guillie combo i'm going to look for that.

There is no "best" weapon per se. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses when it comes to PvP. Some have more strengths then others, but everyone seems to pick up on a style of fighting better than other people. Some excel at CQC, some at sniping, others at the medium range.

For me, I'm decent to good at CQC, but I'm excellent at medium range, and sniping range.

My preferred setup for hunting people is some kind of assault rifle like the M14, FN Fal, or Enfield. Fal is my favorite over all. Then a sniper rifle in my pack for farther and/or more precise shots, like if someone is moving around in buildings and I might get a shot through an opening. For pistol the M9SD, but only because it's silent. I don't want to give my position away if I have to shoot at an agro'd zombie or preventing an agro'd zombie.

If you're within 400m, and in the open, you're most likely going down to a shot from the assault rifle. I have tagged people from out to almost 500m with them though.

I haven't noticed that with the Fal. Next time I have Fal and guillie combo i'm going to look for that.

Check it out in the ArmA 2 editor if you're interested, stick any sniper on the map (they all have the same ghillie), then put this line in the initialization field and preview the mission.

removeAllWeapons this; this addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_FNFAL"; this addWeapon "FN_FAL"; this addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_FNFAL"; this addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_FNFAL"; this addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_FNFAL";

It's the FAL's only major drawback (apart from lack of ammo), otherwise I love the rifle, more so than the M14. I'll usually take the M14 just due to the ammo situation, though.

Edit, here, look how much of the target would be obscured in the second screen, never mind not being able to see the top of the front sight.

9pZIg67.png?1

Edited by Gews
  • Like 2

I am totally with you on the CZ hunting rifle. My loadoat is a ghillie suit/bandit skin, CZ50 Hunting Rifle, M1041 Shotgun, and M9SD, also ALICE pack. These guns combined gives me the legit DayZ feel from the old days, with the capability of having fun while getting good kill rates during hunting. I use the shotgun to knock out enemies, CZ to deal with enemies, M9 to slay zombies, and ghillie/bandit to look like a badass. Works every time :D

Id agree in regards to the enfield. it is to me one of the most reliable weapons in the game. Im content with that.

Agreed. I will flaunt an Enfield for as long as possible. Only switching for something along the lines of a sniper rifle, M4 with optics, or an M14.

ENFIELD ERRYDAY

I've gotten a suprising amount of mileage out of the Lee Enfield. I was more than able to take out a pair of players i encountered at NEAF from ~300m, they had 5.56, because they were shooting stanag. I dropped them both with half a mag.

Personally, after finding an M14 AIM at Balota, I thought that was just the ultimate, only a 2 shot kill, knock em out with one bullet, run up to him and taunt him, grab his :beans: then end it!

But anyway, the CZ550 is a awesome gun, fairly common as-well mostly find them in the barn outside Elektro, if so then you will find my up in the trees, picking off new spawns just for fun!!! :D :P

FN-FAL AN/PVS 14 (Awesome for Night work. However however however, if in day, use the regular. Or just the crosshairs, if it's an easy server.)

M40a3 (Finally got one! Excellent for standard engagement range (for example, pops them at 800 meters easily. 1000 with some preparation. No more.) Ammo is plentiful, especially cause M24 ammo can be broken down from DMR. It's got a good camo, which is something that a sniper can attest to; it saves lives. And finally, it's more challenging and fun than the DMR.)

M1911 (Eh, it's goodnuff.)

Hunting players? Well... Lets see, if you have a ghillie suit, that loadout will work perfectly. You have an awesome sniper rifle, an awesome main rifle (with no day optic, however) and a decent sidearm. HUNTING players. If you're just plain ol' sniping on the Elektro Ridges, or the Cherno Hills, or the NEAF Valley, take a bloody AS50, for gods sake. For anything else, I prefer mine.

DMR is a DECENT player hunting weapon; it's probably one of the best out there. You can take them out with a quick double tap, or if they start running away. Ammo is plentiful, scope can be used with NVGs. Semi-automatic, but it's a bit on the loud side. Also, it's rather inaccurate for actual sniping. I've found the bullets go in a 45-centimetre circle at around 800, and for me, that's definitely not good enough. M40a3 fills the role of the small rifle with plentiful ammo and devastating power, but it also works as a sniper rifle for pretty decent ranges. And lastly... it just looks cooler, alright? Deal with it, matey.

My favorite is most likely the M16 ACOG. I love the sights and the look of the gun. Yes, it is not very powerful but the sights make it a lot easier to aim and overall just a all round good gun in my opinion.

For my secondary gun I would choose the G17. Because I find this gun quite reliable and has a good amount of shots to take people out. Although it is weak, I have a decent aim.

My Ideal Loadout:

Primary: M16 ACOG.

Backpack Secondary Primary: Any type of Sniper would suit me.

Secondary: G17.

Edited by SummerhayesCF

Wasn't suprised somone said hatchet, the l85a2 AWS was the best player hunting gun until the thermal scope on it was removed and replaced with a Holo.

I don't see why you would use anything else but a hatchet to hunt down players... It's not a sport if it's too easy you know.... *sinister laugh*

for me the military shotgun, my favourite kills are those where the enemy presents me with a rare opportunity to jump out in front of him while his attention is elsewhere, that ear shattering dirty loud bang only serves to emphasise my dominance over the vanquished in this particular encounter.

Personally I don't hunt players alone. I'm the heavy gunner in my squad though, I carry RPK and 3 mags, then medical supplies.

I love the M14 AIM or the FN FAL/ AN-PVS for night time if I have NVGs as well. Both amazing guns!

The only time I hunt players is when I'm away from my home server. So I usually seek out an Enfield and then get to work. Not on the Hive long enough to waste time looking for military gear.

...but then I am far from a career bandit.