Sign in to follow this  
IncognitoNico

Paint cans

I know that this has been suggested before, but nobody has really paid attention to it, so what would you think about being able to find paint laying around? like with the base building that is going to be added in the sa, you could maybe put signs close to the base and write on them like keep out, or you will be shot on sight from this point and stuff, or you could leave messages in the walls or something

What do you think?

• Like 1

Everyone is going to draw a bunch of d*cks, b00bs, and cats. I play enough counter strike to know!

• Like 1

I know that this has been suggested before, but nobody has really paid attention to it, so what would you think about being able to find paint laying around? like with the base building that is going to be added in the sa, you could maybe put signs close to the base and write on them like keep out, or you will be shot on sight from this point and stuff, or you could leave messages in the walls or something

What do you think?

Everyone is going to draw a bunch of d*cks, b00bs, and cats. I play enough counter strike to know!

This is why it's never been given much attention.

Rocket has a saying he calls time to penis.

It is the time it takes for someone to take what you got and turn it into a penis.

The first thing some thirteen year 1337 bandit snipper troll is to draw a penis on every wall in Cherno.

• Like 1

Drawing a penis on the wall? Pffft, amatuer. You draw a penis next to where you gunned people down.

Or you draw a cock next to where your buddy died. It's a respectful penis.

Edited by DayZoey
  • Like 1

I'm not understanding why people drawing fake-ass peens on the wall is driving people away from this suggestion.

It could lead to VERY interesting adventures, and...stuff.

And be honest, if the world was going to shit, what would be the first thing YOU'D do? I'd draw a shitload of dicks.

DICKS ON WALLS

DICKS ON DOORS

DICKS ON HEADS

DICKS ON FLOORS

DICKS IN THE SKY

• Like 1

hello there

Yes there will always be immature folk who'll draw willies for teh lulz and they'll just show how maladjusted they are, but I'd like to see it ingame even if its just a tag. We'll have some banksy's soon enough.

L

You guys think it will be a "free painting" mechanic? That would be WAY harder than just having canned texts as a scollable menu once you have the paint... IE when you have paint in your inventory you get a scroll menu option when you're pointing at a sign or vehicle "paint object"... then if you click that you get a scrollable list of "canned texts" - Keep Out / Sniper Ahead / Danger Zone / Zombie Free Zone etc etc etc

*edit*

Alternatively you could make them drop-able objects like wasteland does with bases (only you'd have to make them size scalable so they could expand and shrink to be properly placed on different objects (walls, cars, signs, streets, etc)... IE it will lay background-less canned graphic on a surface... like the game handles bullet impact marks... but I don't know if those are permanent or not)

*/edit*

Paint would be the object... and it would be able to cause changes to surfaces of other objects... but they would have to be canned...

IE

Red Paint/Black Paint - Signs

Green/Brown/Black - Camo

The sign stuff would be a series of canned signs (they would take signs from the Arma Library and simply re-skin them with the words they wanted)

Ex: "Keep Out" "Private Property" "Zombie Free Zone"

The Camo stuff would just blanket re-skin the vehicle with camo pattern paint on top...

Ex:

Start with "UralCivil"

http://www.dayzsuper...023678_orig.jpg

Get Paint

end with "UralOpen_CDF"

http://www.dayzsuper...119927_orig.jpg

Obviously Ideally you would actually paint the skin of the Civilian Ural in PS and then use THAT re-skin to create a new "UralCivil_Painted"

Signs you'd just make existing signage moddable in 3-10 ways...

http://www.dayzsuper...704750_orig.jpg

Above with:

- Danger Ahead

- Snipers

- Warning

- Keep Out

etc etc...

There are LOTS of existing signs... you could then make the signs movalble like Wasteland does... you pick up a sign put it in your inventory and then drop it in front of your camp... or you just mark up bits...

In our mod we intend on allowing for free painting but in a "workbench" module... we are trying to narrow down how to ensure this does not result in endless dicks and titties...

There will either be a "whitelisting" system for it (IE you make it and submit it to the server admin and he chooses to allow it or not), OR there will be GUID's tied to the sign so they can be reported by users or banned by admins for mis-use.... not sure.

Edited by NonovUrbizniz

If people choose to draw dicks everywhere then thats what they should be able to do.

I think they should just leave it to text if this happened. That way you can start a forum at Elecktro, and everyone that passes can call OP a fag.