spawn (DayZ)

when you die you become a Z'd

Just thought of this. Excuse my spelling.

How about when you die you then become a Zombie about 1 min later. However not like a NPC Z'd you are like an elite Z'd so you have the chance to get a little revenge. So instead of taking 1 shot to the head you take 2, you move faster then an NPC Zombie as well.

This is a little more real. Also the reason why I said elite is because you are a fresh corps with blood and all attached muscle tissue. You are not a week old rotten corps so you would be stronger and able to move a bit faster. This way people have to be a little more carefull.

I think adding anything with a higher Zombie rate is better.

You can either choose to stay as a Z or you can just commit. I personally would like to try and take a small chance on a Bandit who might have shot me with his last round for a PVP kill count because he knows he did not need that round for a Z'd because he can just run in to a building with a hatchet and in a few moments he is all clear.

Really has been Suggested a number of times, and I know for a fact you can find the others using the search function.

theres a mod for arma 2 that simulates a zombie infection. Its not as in depth as dayz. But npc's and players become infected and turn into a zombie when they are bit. There are running zombies and the slow stumbling kind. The mod also features an antidote and the ability to change the infection time. So... you can make it to where you turn in a few seconds after you get bit, Or you can make it to where it takes a few hours+. And best of all... YOU CAN USE IT WITH THE EDITOR :D. I think they just recently added multiplayer to it tho. And in my opinion DayZ is still way superior to this mod. But before dayz, THIS was the mod to have. :P

Not sure if the same ideas were put in place or they were exactly the same.

I have also seen ideas posted in here that I saw a year ago. the exact same. does everyone rape their thread?

Not sure if the same ideas were put in place or they were exactly the same.

I have also seen ideas posted in here that I saw a year ago. the exact same. does everyone rape their thread?

With almost 1300 posts we just figured you'd notice when something you suggested in the suggestion section was also suggested numerous times with one thats currently popular on the front page. Just sayin, lets keep it clutter free ya know?

Edited by -Guardian-

started off OK but I stopped reading at elite zombie

With almost 1300 posts we just figured you'd notice when something you suggested in the suggestion section was also suggested numerous times with one thats currently popular on the front page. Just sayin, lets keep it clutter free ya know?

clutter free? how can you do this when every time I have come in to the suggestion thread I see something about altering weapons, backpack size, NPC's, and much much more only a differnet subject. so far all these suggestions that I see active now I have read a year ago. eventually someone will bring them up again. Do you search the whole dayz forum before you post?

Like i said I am not sure if my exact words or ideas have been said before. I also gave reasons for my ideas and why they would be in place which is more then I see a lot of others doing

started off OK but I stopped reading at elite zombie

maybe scrap the elite word. I know many peeople hate that as a suggestion in here. lets make it a fresh fully intact zombie with full blood and fresh muscle tissue and less injuries then all the other half rotten Z'd

I said elite for short.

maybe scrap the elite word. I know many peeople hate that as a suggestion in here. lets make it a fresh fully intact zombie with full blood and fresh muscle tissue and less injuries then all the other half rotten Z'd

I said elite for short.

the whole idea of player controlled zombies is bad because normal zombies just crawl around and do nothing until someone aggro's them. But a player zombie could sit and watch a town spotting players from very far away and ambush them.

Players don't act like zombies they act like people

Edited by Chris529

the whole idea of player controlled zombies is bad because normal zombies just crawl around and do nothing until someone aggro's them. But a player zombie could sit and watch a town spotting players from very far away and ambush them.

Players don't act like zombies they act like people

Yeah I get what you mean

how about they only have control for 1 min or something before your totally gone? I dunno just trying to think of something else to add in to make it not like other games

I'm only here because Spawn makes me laugh.

i think it would be fine if the dead survivor became an AI zombie and you have to either get to the body before it turns or kill the zombie to loot it

hehe that would stop people running back to their corpses if it walks away they won't know where it is

Edited by Chris529
  • Like 2

no. although this should be added into standalone, as in when you are killed by a zombie, you turn into a zombie, but an NPC plays your zombie, and you have all of your gear and stuff that the zombie wears, and other players can take out the former you to get your stuff :D

but being able to play as one is just silly in a game like this.

As someone has said, playing as a zombie (never mind that the dead don't rise in this game) isn't feasible.

The zombies are brain dead half the time, wandering around aimlessly until they spot someone in their line of sight or hear something. Would a player act like this? No, instead we would have player controlled zombies staking out the best spots, stalking players and generally acting very un-zombie like in trying to ambush survivors......in fact you know what i have just described...a bandit.

• Like 1

clutter free? how can you do this when every time I have come in to the suggestion thread I see something about altering weapons, backpack size, NPC's, and much much more only a differnet subject. so far all these suggestions that I see active now I have read a year ago. eventually someone will bring them up again. Do you search the whole dayz forum before you post?

Like i said I am not sure if my exact words or ideas have been said before. I also gave reasons for my ideas and why they would be in place which is more then I see a lot of others doing

Players turning into anything is a good suggestion IMO so its a particular topic i look at, and have seen more than most is all im saying.

back towards the OP though, i think that we should turn into a zombie, and if done well id enjoy the capability to have a zed life now and again, i just dont think its something to be focused on any time soon. Letting your body come back as a computer controlled zombie would be the first step, and just easier as a whole to add.

Keep this thread around, I bet theyll be looking seriously about adding this in about a year. :)

• Like 1

Just thought of this. Excuse my spelling. Alright.

How about when you die you then become a Zombie about 1 min later. You obviously don't realize that the zombies in DayZ aren't dead people. They're alive, just infected with an incurable disease, as far as we know. How about you go watch "28 Days Later" for two reasons. 1. It's an interesting movie. 2. You'll know what the zombies in DayZ are like. However not like a NPC Z'd you are like an elite Z'd You already lost me here. But I'm a nice person. so you have the chance to get a little revenge. So instead of taking 1 shot to the head you take 2, you move faster then an NPC Zombie as well. Looking forward to see your reasoning for this.

This is a little more real. Do you have personal experience with zombies? "Elites," more so? Also the reason why I said elite is because you are a fresh corps with blood and all attached muscle tissue. Okay. Now please explain to me how does all that blood and "fresh" muscle tissue stop a bullet from going into your head? For one, there's barely any muscles covering your brain. Maybe a little around your face. Other than that it's just your skull and a little skin. You are not a week old rotten corps so you would be stronger and able to move a bit faster. The regular zombies already run at the same speed as those who are alive. Are you telling me that a marathon runner runs faster after being reanimated as a corpse? This way people have to be a little more carefull.

I think adding anything with a higher Zombie rate is better. Zombie rate?

You can either choose to stay as a Z or you can just commit. I personally would like to try and take a small chance on a Bandit who might have shot me What is stopping him from sitting next to your body for a minute, wait for you to become a zombie and unload another half a clip into you before you can even move? with his last round for a PVP kill count because he knows he did not need that round for a Z'd <-- I was going to let this slip, but you did it twice now. "Z'd?" Zombied? What? because he can just run in to a building with a hatchet and in a few moments he is all clear.

Redness for somewhat valid dickery.

This has been suggested several times, so blame this on that.

Redness for somewhat valid dickery.

This has been suggested several times, so blame this on that.

troll.

I stopped reading when you said Do you have personal experience with zombies? "Elites," more so?

its a game. How about you attack rocket because Zombies are not real in the first place. Also as I said a fresh zombie would have less decay meaning healthier muscles.

obvious troll or as I have learn't not a troll but an anoyiong idiot as other people have told me in here. I read a little more of your stuff in red and wow I can see why you dont design games and have little exp with anything at all.

YO Guys! I just thought of this! What if when you die in DayZ you become a zombie. But not like right away, like after a minute or two.

Go play Left 4 Dead you noob.

troll.

I stopped reading when you said Do you have personal experience with zombies? "Elites," more so?

its a game. How about you attack rocket because Zombies are not real in the first place. Also as I said a fresh zombie would have less decay meaning healthier muscles.

obvious troll or as I have learn't not a troll but an anoyiong idiot as other people have told me in here. I read a little more of your stuff in red and wow I can see why you dont design games and have little exp with anything at all.

Little experience with anything at all? I never, at any point, said that I have experience with anything. And no, you can't see why I'm not designing games. Because I don't even want to. I'm not interested in designing them, myself. I can code and troubleshoot, but I couldn't care less about the designing aspect.

As for the part where you supposedly stopped reading, that is not trolling. It's nit-picking that you should be thick-skinned enough to take with some humor. You're supposed to use the word 'authentic' instead of 'realistic' when talking about zombies. The zombies are authentic, especially to the version of zombies the movie '28 days later' has, which is why I'm not "attacking" Rocket about it.

Edit; The only reason I'm even replying is because this suggestion has been made into its own separate thread so many times that I've lost count. My points are valid, even if they're written with a wise-ass attitude. Don't label someone as a "troll" just because they're acting in a way you possibly find offensive. I will take the 'annoying idiot' label, though. I've ironically had the "Opinionated Butt" as my forum title for the longest time, although I've recently changed it.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Right. you can spell and punctuate better then me but you fail to understand your own writing and how you portrey yourself to others. Empathy, diversity, you have none. I can go on but no point with people like you.

There is a DayZ spin off that already does this

'Killzone_Kid'

which game is this? I havent heard of it