r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

what about the bugs? i hear if u give somebody a blood trans you get kicked...love the new patch, not scared of the zombies only the bugs. i hope the dayz team will get the fix asap, im tired of waiting

what about the bugs? i hear if u give somebody a blood trans you get kicked...love the new patch, not scared of the zombies only the bugs. i hope the dayz team will get the fix asap, im tired of waiting

That's a script restriction and is server side, admin needs to update filters when possible.

http://dayzmod.com/f..._hl__+bug +list

I did! :D

At least you're standing up and telling the truth, young man. You are very brave.

But you really should try playing DayZ one day. Then you will find the old saying "Be careful what you wish for" actually got popular for a reason.

At least you're standing up and telling the truth, young man. You are very brave.

But you really should try playing DayZ one day. Then you will find the old saying "Be careful what you wish for" actually got popular for a reason.

you're so silly~ =) I've played the current version. I haven't even gotten hit by a zombie yet. Maybe you should learn how to play some day, young man.

Then you will find the old saying "A good craftsman never blames his tools" actually got popular for a reason.

Edited by Zetal
  • Like 2

I noticed loot and zombie spawning is off. Could be caused by server, not sure yet though.

and now a good hive wipe is needed

I agree. We need a good hive wipe. Everyone starts off fresh.

I also seem to get stuck in authentication loops, and cant get into a few servers i tried.

i installed the update using dayz commander

any idea how to fix this?

this update looks to have a lot of potential. i stopped playing dayz ages ago because of all the senseless banditry caused by the OP .50 cal snipers - can't wait to start playing again

The infection ratio is way to high, in 30 minutes I died 2 times cause of infection. No cure to find cause there are no medical boxes etc spawning in the hospitals. Only thing there was where painkillers and empty cans...

• Like 4

You were offered advice on how to install 1.7.7 by a couple of posters yet you chose to ignore them. The OP explains as well.

My advice is to get DayZ Commander or Play with Six. Then all you have to do is press a button.

Yeah, the OP did. But if you read my question there is something there that the OP didn't explain and neither did anyone else. I have DayZ Commander and Play withSix. I also have already figured it out, bye.

To all those having troubles connecting and so forth.

Experience has shown in ALL the previous releases that there is always a few days between servers etc getting the correct files in order. Even servers which have changed their name to the current mod release have been known to not be properly updated.

What i am trying to say is give it a few days and hopefully a lot of the teething problems seen should be gone.

It wont make zombies easier or loot more common though and that is a good thing.

It appears that after a server has been running for x amount of time players will start to spawn in the debug plains.

All players that connect will spawn at the same area as everyone else in the debug plains, resulting in lots of deaths. I have had this problem 3 times on my server, and I have also received reports of this happening across multiple servers.

For the time being, I have set my server to auto-restart every 35 minutes to prevent it from happening, as it was the only thing I could think of to do to help stop it.

Edit: I will post this in the server general section to figure out who else is having this issue.

Edited by crazykid1297

My god. They've added the RPK! Dreams come true kids.

The infection ratio is way to high, in 30 minutes I died 2 times cause of infection. No cure to find cause there are no medical boxes etc spawning in the hospitals. Only thing there was where painkillers and empty cans...

tx72peQ.jpg
  • Like 5

I love the patch, but sadly after joining my first public server after the patch i get banned for set pos reasons, well, lets hope i dont get global banned for something i never did, eh

I'm all up for making zombies more powerful and the whole take down thing but the fact I cannot seem to lose them is crazy. I ran from berezino to elek with the same 5 zombies on me. I stopped at a fence by mistake in the moonless night and got instantly infected. I mean...I want them to be a bit more Scary? but not annoying and making the game more tedious than it is trying to find loot. Its impossible to lose zombies. I could not for the life of me pick up loot anywhere in berezino or cherno.

After going to 4 hospitals I found nothing for the infection and only 4 blood bags in one of the hospitals. I love the rest of the update!!

• Like 1

I like the idea of making the Zombies more difficult to handle, but I don't agree with how that extends to infection and the process of getting rid of it.

Zombies themselves, and fighting them, is significantly more challenging in this patch, but not outrageously so like in 1.7.5 (where zombies chain-aggroed). I like how they do not stop chasing on Line of sight breakage, forcing you to kill them or use a building as refuge, and I like how they can knock you down. In addition, they rates of "LOL YURR BLEEDING AGAIN!" seemed to have drastically decreased, a welcome change in my opinion. Previous patch it seemed like an 80% chance to bleed on hit and a 100% chance to bleed at full health. Bravo.

As far as "Infection" specifically, I have to say that it is very poorly implemented, and i say that from a gameplay standpoint. Combined with the changed loot tables, the rate of infection and the low spawn rate of anti-biotics combines to make the player effectively permanently infected. When players are infected, the first thing that comes to their mind is "I need anti-biotics." Considering that there are 6 locations to get anti-biotics (on the entire massive map), that makes players forced to stick to cities or military spawns. In addition, as mentioned, the very, VERY low drop chance of anti-biotics makes sticking to cities pointless anyways.

The main problem is that players need to be able to fix a status effect reliably. Considering the very high rate of infection (especially given how much more likely it is that a player gets hit), the "balanced" drop rates effectively makes it so they cannot reliably fix themselves. Since both bleeding and infection are both on-hit effects and have the same likelihood of occurring, they both should be able to be solved at the same rate. Anti-biotics are not common enough to warrant the high rates of infection, especially given that they are the ONLY way to cure it.

One of two things needs to happen. Either the drop rate of anti-biotics needs to be raised to something somewhat on par with the bandage drop rate (perhaps have it spawn on civilian zombies/houses?), or infection needs to be curable by other means. I suggest that raising your blood level to maximum should also cure infection. That way players can use a blood bag, lots of food, OR anti-biotics to cure themselves, rather than desperately searching hospitals for an extremely rare spawn.

In addition, I got a "you feel full..." message while eating mutton, and was unable to heal myself to full. I didn't see this in the patch notes, how does this mechanic work?

• Like 9

Please don't dumb the patch down due to players crying about zombie difficulty. Myself and others have been rubbed the wrong way already by the removal of certain weapons, which I respect, but feel it's time for these players to step up to the plate and deal with the situation rather than create 100 threads on how life in Cherno is too difficult.

Played a few hours now patch is great aside from as few people above say the infection ratio to antibiotic spawn is way off, give the special infected juggernauts a 20% chance of dropping antibiotic should level it, or a 0.1% chance of immune sytem heals infection per 5 blood taken would also be a good level for an average of 5k blood lost per infection if not healed rather than always death.

Also i only played one server so its possible it might not be hivewide, but the loot at chopper crashes (i found 3 all the same) were all stupid distances away from the chopper.

http://tinypic.com/r/a3d1mg/5

The chopper had not rolled or been pushed as the loot not circled was wide out the other side,is this a known bug?

Awesome update!! <3 Been a really long time since i've visited the forum and played DayZ. But looks like im getting back into it with this new patch! :D

Maybe somebody can help me, what does the save tent option do? do i have to click that for my tent to stay or will it disappear if i don't click it? Do i have to click save tent every time before i log out?

Maybe somebody can help me, what does the save tent option do? do i have to click that for my tent to stay or will it disappear if i don't click it? Do i have to click save tent every time before i log out?

The 'Save Tent' option is a manual way to save your tent. It isn't needed, as the game is designed to autosave tents. However, it was readded in this version since some people were still having issues.

Considering that there are 6 locations to get anti-biotics (on the entire massive map), that makes players forced to stick to cities or military spawns.

There are not only 6 locations to get antibiotics. I found 2 in a loot pile in a house in Stary, so... they spawn in residential areas all over the map.

In addition, I got a "you feel full..." message while eating mutton, and was unable to heal myself to full. I didn't see this in the patch notes, how does this mechanic work?

I have my opinions on the cooked meat mechanic... it's going more and more toward favoring teaming up. Even if you remove the diminishing returns, it's hard to get your blood up as a lone wolf because of the slow blood regen of food, the varying blood values of meat and, if you want to be prepared for a significant blood regen, you have to carry a lot of meat (which requires hunting... gutting... gathering wood... cooking) which takes significant inventory space and time. Being blood-bagged by a squad-mate takes 12 seconds and one inventory slot. So, I don't understand the whole diminishing blood regen thing... it seems a bit much to me. I'm all for slow regen of blood (I think it should also happen with blood bags... 12 seconds to administer and food blood regen pace to completely restore it.) But, that's just me.

As for the zeds... they are in fact harder and a bit glitchy close-up, in my opinion. There are ways to deal with them... for instance, if you want to kill a crawling one, you have to do it before they make the animation to get up, or you will be hit. Best to deal with zeds before they aggro. If one is aggro'ing toward you, you might try charging it... I haven't tried this yet, but it's worked for me in the past... just better get that one hack in good. And, if you come across the dirtier, bloodier zeds, those are the ones with the higher infection rate, so deal with them carefully. After some initial trepidations, I'm learning to adapt. Hopefully, the nighttime behavior (they could see better than I could) will be addressed soon, if it hasn't been already.

can someone please confirm that if infected, zeds don't attack you? 1.7.7., the zeds patch :))