r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

May I just say it's nice to see genuinely well thought out criticisms of the recent patch. It get's boring reading "wahhh, it's too hard/buggy etc etc" and it doesn't help the devs. The last few posts although critical are constructive and well thought out. Nice one.

If my character was carrying an m107 before the patch and i have not logged on since, will it just be wiped from my inventory or will i be banned/kicked for spawning weapons or something

Finaly i didnt spawn in debug area. Played for some hours. I love this patch.

I got infected and i was losing blood very slowly. I survived so long, i could find antibiotics :).

When i was infected, zombies didnt attack me (i was unarmed too). Is this intended? if yes, ♥♥♥

Thanks DemonGroover. I guess ill just drop it then. More backpack space

If you have a tent keep it as a memento. :)

tested the mod now for hours.

pro:

like the new hard to kill Infected. quiate a challange in cqb if you have to face more than 2 at a time of them :)

like the new food-items. finaly the store has more than beans, pasta, fish and cola to offer. :)

the loot is now way more rare - makes it feel more like a apocalypse.

the new Personal Diary is a verry cool feature! just love it.

no more .50s - thx alot! way less snipers arround the cities!

love the new/old banditskin - germany ftw ^^ now i dont need camos anymore :)

Cons / bugs:

-If you change clothes while tent or backpack open youll get kicked and your playermodel is duped.

-i was several times in cherno but the hardest thing to find where Zeds - i faced 5 or 6 in hole cherno. so the Zedspawn seems a bit buged.

all in all a verry nice patch! thx for the work!

Edited by quattro_ger
  • Like 2

i get to the authentication part and it just seems to stop. i've tried several servers and they all have the same issue, it goes from 'requesting authentication' to 'retrying authentication' over and over, seeming to never end.

Patch is going to be SUPER hard for new players. Hell even hard for vets.

Wow, so now you are deleting my posts? I'll just be watching the clan/group section for now till the SA comes out. No boring mods or admins on that.

* [uPDATED] - SQL files working on Linux. (is working) ?

This is only pertinent for some private hive server admins. The SQL (database) files had case inconsistencies so would not work if the database server ran on a Linux OS. That is now fixed.

Your not loading CA correct in your mod path.

start Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -ip=%ip% -port=%port% "-config=%config%\config_99702aae.cfg" "-cfg=%config%\basic.cfg" "-profiles=%config%" -name=%config% "-mod=@DayZ;@Hive;CA;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2047 -exThreads=1

Is this for everyone? I am not running a server but I get this error as well everytime I try to open the Dayz Mod through Steam???

Imo the patch ruined alot of stuff.

I think that's about as vague as you can get lol

Even with the bugs, I'd say it's a vast improvement- zombies are harder, loot is more evenly distributed...etc

• Like 1

It could be unrelated, but thought i'd post here incase any can shed some light. I get this error in my RPT which prevents the server from starting.

Mods: Expansion\beta\Expansion

Distribution: 0

Version 1.62.103419

Fault address: 6B29A14D 01:0000914D D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\DatabaseMySql.dll

file: dayz_1

world: chernarus

Prev. code bytes: CC CC CC 55 8B EC 83 EC 14 8B 55 08 8B 42 04 53

Fault code bytes: 8B 58 04 80 7B 2D 00 56 8B 75 10 57 8B F8 B0 01

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:5B612DF0 EDX:1A11BF84

ESI:1A11BF84 EDI:1A11BF80

CS:EIP:0023:6B29A14D

SS:ESP:002B:01CCB658 EBP:01CCB670

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010216

=======================================================

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

Who asked for harder zombies anyway? The community?!

I did! :D

• Like 2

Wow, so now you are deleting my posts? I'll just be watching the clan/group section for now till the SA comes out. No boring mods or admins on that.

You were offered advice on how to install 1.7.7 by a couple of posters yet you chose to ignore them. The OP explains as well.

My advice is to get DayZ Commander or Play with Six. Then all you have to do is press a button.

I love the the new patch! im not worried about zombies or loot being to hard to find.

Im worried about all the bugs. I hear u cant give somebody a blood trans without getting kicked, what will the dayz team do about all the bugs that show up that are key to surviving? Im sure they wont let us down.

ive heard that you cant lose agro by blocking line of sight. Does that mean no more zigzagging through pines? Will a zed chase you from kamenka to NW if you stay out of buildings?

Edited by pbrunk

hearing it fire will still scare the shit out of everyone

As a fresh spawn, I must say zombies are waay too hard to handle now, had them following me all around Cherno, was constantly getting knocked to the ground, got infected, each step made more zombies come after me, and the list goes on. After running away from the city for 5 minutes, on a moonless night, zombies kept agroing me, even when I tried to get out of their sights.

This made it impossible for me to even try to loot anything, which ended to kind of ruin the game for me. Wonder how easy it will be for bandits to finish defenseless fresh spawns once they get swarmed and knocked by this old new "menace" ...

Edited by Snister101
  • Like 2

Not really a fan of the new patch so far.

All the servers I played on seemed to be spawning as little loot as possible.. still haven't found a hatchet, but I managed to find a DMR in a firestation, as well as an m24.. but nothing else.

Zombies knocking people down is an interesting idea, but poorly executed.

Super zombies are more difficult, but more in an annoying way.

Spawning in debug plains and then reconnecting is something that should have been fixed a long time ago.

There's more, but I'm sure the average population already mentioned most of it.. I'll just play mods of DayZ until the inevitable 1.7.7.1 comes out in a day or two.