r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7 Patch

These posts annoy me and look i hate to be blunt but....

You obviously don't know how to play the game.

Last night i had a quick play so I ran around Berezino with a hatchet for 45 mins (i found plenty of guns too). No infection, no knockdowns, aggro lost in buildings, 25 zombie kills. Didn't find any antibiotics but i don't need them yet.

The trick is to avoid or kill them. Fancy that in a zombie apocalypse!

Melee weapons are the way to go while running solo. I don't see any other way to do it.

Edited by Vindicator

hm so we changed server to some UK one and now friend gets public variable value restriction #292 every few minutes

My friend and I had left the NE airfield and updated the game. When we came back we crawled to grishno after passing devil's castle but before we even made it into the town a zombie attacked us. We got up and ran into the trees but a whole army of zombies seemed to have noticed us and one of them was a "new" zombie. We couldn't lose them in the trees so we ran back to the field, my friend got knocked down and infected so he killed them all with an m4a2 cco after pouring half the clip into the special zombie.we get any antibiotics so i killed him while he killed me..

This update is good because it has stopped bandits camping cherno since no one is going have the ammo but the zombies are fucking hard to deal with and will take forever to get use to so overall i like what the devs did but if it's too realistic then it will ruin the fun and this game will go from running simulator to hiding in the forest because fuck trying to loot a town without killing the whole population of zombies. p.s. if you're going to flame me then don't say that it's just like old dayz because it isn't.

• Like 1

Absolutely loving the new patch.

Zombie line of sight and infection rate should be slightly lovered,but everything else is just fine!

I was getting sick and tired of all the CoD kids just waiting for freshies to enter Cherno or Elektro just to get killed. Yesterday on a full BMRF#3 server Cherno looked like a ghost town.

Infection is too strong in this patch. Please make it similar to bonebreaking

changelog looks pretty good

should provide a nice balance, while not making it too easy again :)

Were looking into the fps issues.

what issues? :D me & my friend get more fps than before

Zombie line of sight and infection rate should be slightly lovered,but everything else is just fine!

I was getting sick and tired of all the CoD kids just waiting for freshies to enter Cherno or Elektro just to get killed. Yesterday on a full BMRF#3 server Cherno looked like a ghost town.

nah there are still enough of those kids in cherno

• Like 1

Haven't posted in a while but felt like this update was important.

I am assuming with this update's release that zombies are almost impossible to get correct in this engine. Zombies have never worked appropriately, and it doesn't look like they ever will. The majority of 1.7.7s problems stem from the fact that you guys are trying to make a zombie out of something that is technologically unable to be a zombie. Someone prove me wrong, I am no coder, I won't undermine the amount of effort it must take. BUT they STILL hit through walls, they STILL hit from ten feet away, they STILL clip through objects, they STILL start running towards you even if you are crawling on the ground.

It is like trying to build a particle accelerator out of planks and nails.

Then there is the problem with loot, or should I say the problem with no loot. This mod had a thrill of finding the means to survive and it was what made it fun, now finding loot is a gamble. Also the hope of surviving is essentially gone, because two-three zombie attacks guarantees you a one way trip to a slow infected death. IF players could react appropriately, have means of negating infection probability, it wouldn't be so bad. Needless to say it is currently pointless to search for antibiotics.

I don't WANT to sit in the woods all the time, I WANT to take risks, but with this updates it seems that is the last thing the developers want you doing.

The best tactic for the longest while was to grab starting gear on the coast, and head north. Now the only realistic option is to head north immediately in hopes that you find food quick.

TL;DR: The mod/engine as it stands is unable to support the requirements of a zombie apocalypse scenario. Giving more power to zombies and less power to players is not just difficult, it is unfair and 100% unentertaining.

100% true. they're trying to force a military simulator into dead island. if it continues like this then the game will seem to ripoff minez...and i will not go back to playing that shit.

Completely agree. Love the tough new zeds, lower loot. Makes the game a challenge ALL THE TIME, not just when in PvP. Only issue I can see is that infection is too easy to get and too hard to cure. Looking at the just updated changelog, looks like chance of getting infected has been lowered which is excellent. Otherwise great job Razor + the team.

Can someone explain how the loot is spawning in this current patch.

option1. Enter a building wait 15minutes. Then wait 15 minutes in between loot spawns.

option2. Enter a building loot spawns Immediately. then wait 15 minutes in between loot spawns.

Everytime i run into a building its empty for a long period of time.

Love the new patch though. Its nice to not die so much.

Had the chance of playing a few hours yesterday and I must say a nice update overall! Finally the Z's are challenging again (they accualy scare the shit out of me, and that's a good thing imo)

Luckily I play on a server where the admin already fixed the lootspawning/infection issue so maybe that's why I enjoy it already hehe ;)

But I also experienced a framerate drop every now and then, a thing I didn't have before.

Keep up the good work guys!

I was in that server for a bit.. They were all in Elektro killing newbs with hatchets and infections. I didn't stick around long.

Good to hear. :)

• Like 1

I haven't really noticed any fps issues, maybe occasional spikes but nothing serious.

After 3-4 hours of playing and a shit spawn I now have barely enough to make it to another morning and always makes me give myself a new task. Making my own story. Not the usual: "Run to electro, gear up, go to stary, wait, KoS, die, repeat"

According to the DayZ Mod main page, Chernarus is a 225 km2 open world post-soviet state. There are a lot of places to visit other than Cherno, Electro and Stary Sobor :D

As for me, I prefer exploring the Eastern part of the map.

• Like 2

I keep getting kicked from the server since I updated to 1.7.7. Today I was in a Heli and got kicked in mid-fly. Suprisingly wasn't dead after relogging (heli is gone of course), but I my M4A1-Holo is gone though. :(

Yeah, I can confirm there are FPS issues. They're not serious, but it would be great if they were to be addressed.

HEY, you were on #3 too?!?! Cool!

All servers are ghost towns now thanks to 1.7.7
  • Like 1

All servers are ghost towns now thanks to 1.7.7

The server I play on is usually 40+/60 still, lol.