willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

But hasn't the community deserved to know the release date? I mean without us dayz would be just an alpha mod. We made the game public, we pay for the servers, we made dayz to that what it is today. With "we" I mean every single player, the youtubers, the people with ideas...

Haven't we deserved to know the date? Does rocket really think the hardcore fans will abandone him just because it maybe could take longer?

Edited by Wayze
  • Like 1

But hasn't the community deserved to know the release date? I mean without us dayz would be just an alpha mod. We made the game public, we pay for the servers, we made dayz to that what it is today. With "we" I mean every single player, the youtubers, the people with ideas...

Haven't we deserved to know the date? Does rocket really think the hardcore fans will abandone him just because it maybe could take longer?

Well, the reason they have not stated a date is in case of delays. What if rocket announces the release date to be July 15th, for example. Then it comes to July 14th and he says the team has encountered a major bug that will take some time to solve. Everyone would be totally pissed to have waited 7+ months and then say "wait some more". They not saying anything is for their safety and our sanity.

I believe rocket himself said this a few months back.

Edited by ScouterIV

Well, the reason they have not stated a date is in case of delays. What if rocket announces the release date to be July 15th, for example. Then it comes to July 14th and he says the team has encountered a major bug that will take some time to solve. Everyone would be totally pissed to have waited 7+ months and then say "wait some more". They not saying anything is for their safety and our sanity.

I believe rocket himself said this a few months back.

Maybe you would be pissed but a real fan, and rocket is clearly making this alpha for the fans, would totally understand it if he is honest. He could just tell us the problem and everthing is forgiven, what rocket does not realize is that he is pissing a huge amount of people really off, especially the hardcore fans, just by keeping everything secret.

"2 months- e3 statement" is still on, so theres no point to talk about release date, its somewhere between 1 day-1 month 5 days

Edited by Felthat

Maybe you would be pissed but a real fan, and rocket is clearly making this alpha for the fans, would totally understand it if he is honest. He could just tell us the problem and everthing is forgiven, what rocket does not realize is that he is pissing a huge amount of people really off, especially the hardcore fans, just by keeping everything secret.

Do you not remember the massive shitstorm back in December when the game didn't get released, yeh no thanks.

Solution to our "release date" OCD

http://www.reddit.co..._stream/caikwji

Rocket said it would take less then 2 months.

So lets all consider the release date to be the 14 August

Make peace with it, and if it comes out sooner, consider that the date was moved up and that we scored to get it early, rather then counting each day from now as a loss.

That's it everyone. Call the media. Let everyone know 14 August is the official date.

• Like 2

And your incessant whining is pissing me off.

Seriously dude, get some perspective, it's just a game, don't let it control your life.

And your incessant whining is pissing me off.

Seriously dude, get some perspective, it's just a game, don't let it control your life.

Let him decide what to do with his own life. If he's that impatient.. I am too, I'd hate if someone told me what you just said.
  • Like 1

It is a forum, so now I am whining because I am stating my opinion. Dude you are in a dayz forum the "go get a life" statement is pretty ridiclous considering that you are registered here. Rocket was confident once, now he is even too afraid to tell us when the release is. And like I said, if he would tell me it is coming in 2 year it would be totally ok for me. But he was talking about absolute trancparency, now he tells us there is a week but he wont tell which on this is. He would have avoided all of this if he nrlever mentioned that.

It is a forum, so now I am whining because I am stating my opinion. Dude you are in a dayz forum the "go get a life" statement is pretty ridiclous considering that you are registered here. Rocket was confident once, now he is even too afraid to tell us when the release is. And like I said, if he would tell me it is coming in 2 year it would be totally ok for me. But he was talking about absolute trancparency, now he tells us there is a week but he wont tell which on this is. He would have avoided all of this if he nrlever mentioned that.

It's an internal deadline.

I wonder if it will come out on Thursday when the Steam summer sale starts? That's when the peak amount of steam users would be online so it'd get more potential buyers?

I wonder if it will come out on Thursday when the Steam summer sale starts? That's when the peak amount of steam users would be online so it'd get more potential buyers?

u r right but its also massive sales vs dayz scenario B)

It's an internal deadline.

A internal deadline which would be told us if Dean was really transparent :/

I really don't know what he is afraid of, he has one of the most special and thankful community in gaming history, I am sure that people will understand him if he tells us "Well maybe DayZ will release in X days but we are not sure yet". It is not like it could take 6 months longer than that, would be just ridicilous and unrealistic.

Edited by Wayze

A internal deadline which would be told us if Dean was really transparent :/

I really don't know what he is afraid of, he has one of the most special and thankful community in gaming history, I am sure that people will understand him if he tells us "Well maybe DayZ will release in X days but we are not sure yet". It is not like it could take 6 months longer than that, would be just ridicilous and unrealistic.

He's already said it would be releasing within 2 months and that was 24 days ago... They aren't going to give you a specific date no matter how much you whine about it though, shit can go wrong and usually does and they aren't going to put themselves in a situation where they have to release the game with some massive issue just to meet some arbitrary deadline or have another huge shit storm because they had to delay it (again). As an example, this week half the people testing can't move without the game crashing. Now what if that bug appeared the day before release? Why would they deliberately put themselves in that situation when there is absolutely no need to?

It's not going to be next week (jet lag, etc...). But it's not going to be longer than two months. It will be somewhere in between.

Why not set a date? Because we don't need too, and we don't want to force something out with a glaring game breaking bug just because we set a date, when we didn't need to in the first place.

Furthermore, we have scrapped the keys-in-blocks idea and going for a full access alpha. This means we need to be damn sure our central server will hold whatever load might be thrown at it.

Also remember, I was on tv. I'm always the most conservative on tv be because you get cut up into sound bites and lose the context. When talking to fans etc... I can provide context and be more realistic.

Edited by SmashT

He's already said it would be releasing within 2 months and that was 24 days ago... They aren't going to give you a specific date no matter how much you whine about it, shit can go wrong and usually does and they aren't going to put themselves in a situation where they have to release the game with some massive issue just to meet some arbitrary deadline or have another huge shit storm because they had to delay it another week. As an example, this week half the people testing can't connect without the game crashing, if they give a specific date and then an issue like that appears the day before, they would be screwed.

I don't think you understand my point. It is not that I don't know the release date, it is about what Dean says.

He said he would be totally transparent. He told us they have an internal release week and recently he told us there would be an internal release day (not sure but he was talking about a thursday if I am correct?). Now maybe I am wrong, but isn't that kind of the opposite of transparency?

Edited by Wayze

I don't think you understand my point. It is not that I don't know the release date, it is about what Dean says.

He said he would be totally transparent. He told us they have an internal release week and recently he told us there would be an internal release day (not sure but he was talking about a thursday if I am correct?). Now maybe I am wrong, but isn't that kind of the opposite of transparency?

I wouldn't consider "almost as transparent as possible" as "the opposite of transparency", but that's just me.

Being honest and straightforward about why they have made that decision is transparent. It doesn't mean they are going to announce everything, they are transparent about the decisions they make though.

Edited by SmashT

There is no "almost transparent" xD

Yes there is, think about Dean as a jellyfish and you'll understand :P

Actually I like the ideo of Oak, make sure Dean reads that. A release on friday would be way better than one on monday.

He won't prevent total server overload anyway. It will happen, no matter if it is release today, sunday or friday.