willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Guys I hope there is a Launch this week (or the next one) because my patience is dying. I am really disappointed about the lack of news and information and I can't wait for a game with no reported progress for a big amount of time (2 months since Devblog, 1 month since E3 and 14 days since Developer comments). At least I would appreciate a status update this week because Its JULY and I am waiting since September so I really hope that the lack of news means focus on work and developing! I really hope they will understand that we can't wait for a game for a huge amount of time without having high expectations due to the time they have to develop it. :D Feel free to like or hate my anticipation level ;)

I'm entitled to play this game and know everything about the development!

I'm so angry and disappointed right now! I think I will boycott this game, because he lost my trust. Because by saying that he was being as transparent as possible, he implicitely promised us that he would tell us every single thing about development and release! Right?

• Like 2

Guys I hope there is a Launch this week (or the next one) because my patience is dying. I am really disappointed about the lack of news and information and I can't wait for a game with no reported progress for a big amount of time (2 months since Devblog, 1 month since E3 and 14 days since Developer comments). At least I would appreciate a status update this week because Its JULY and I am waiting since September so I really hope that the lack of news means focus on work and developing! I really hope they will understand that we can't wait for a game for a huge amount of time without having high expectations due to the time they have to develop it. :D Feel free to like or hate my anticipation level ;)

Honestly alot of game company 's don't even give dev blogs , you're just an example of 1 of the 100.000's of people who want to play this asap.

Honestly alot of game company 's don't even give dev blogs , you're just an example of 1 of the 100.000's of people who want to play this asap.

Most companies give a release date though.

• Like 2

Most companies don't give you an alpha.

• Like 3

@Very Ape your name expresses my opinion about your ''clever'' sarcasm. There was no reason to be offensive and I think you know nothing about the game at all so congratulations you are the perfect passive consumer every developer wants. I really hope there aren't many guys that will support a dev like fanboys by attacking people.

Sure they do, name me a few MMO games that actually didnt have an alpha.

Edited by Wayze

Wow.. Most companies seriously do.. You just have to be ready to grab it or apply for it. Not that difficult you know.. Leave that attitude somewhere else.

I wasn't talking about MMOs specifically. As that was not mentioned in the post above mine.

Wow.. Most companies seriously do.. You just have to be ready to grab it or apply for it. Not that difficult you know.. Leave that attitude somewhere else.

Okay, where's my Watchdogs alpha? Where can I apply?

I wasn't talking about MMOs specifically. As that was not mentioned in the post above mine.

Game like "press X to win" really don't need to be alpha, this is shit till the end

You serious? Watch Dogs is no Multiplayer Game or MMO, for what would there be an alpha? xD

DayZ is actually a MMO.

How can you give a release date when your game is not in alpha yet ... Seriously think before you say something.

How can you give a release date when your game is not in alpha yet ... Seriously think before you say something.

Not in alpha?

hmmm im sure rocket said that they need to get the alpha out soona nd will have a alpha release on steam........

Theres a confusion between "Launch" and "release"

Alpha and beta I would consider releasing but its not until the game is finished that there is a "Launch" where the product is advertised as finished and spread as widely as possible. The others are "we are releasing alpah/beta for testing" But it could just be me.

Or they say we have a release date in mind but we wont be sharing it with you today lol

Actually it is in closed alpha. And ofcourse you can give a release date for an alpha.

I hope the next thing they will anounce is , fuck this we're going to start from scratch and build an entire new engine.

I would love to see the rage of you people with no patience!!

Dean Hall:

''We spent last week progressing further on our alpha milestone tasks. Also clearing out some nasty crashes, as I am sure those testing can confirm. At the start of the week you would crash within minutes if trying to move... We still have a nasty crash there for some and that's monday's job.

But progress is going great, our aim is to have the initial alpha as a solid base. The project is now becoming much more "formal" and I'm confident with how this week progressed.

I think it's very important we keep on this process. This is the first time we've properly committed to a date so I'm hopeful we can deliver on that.''

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1hp9y5/was_really_hoping_for_the_alpha_this_weekend/

• Like 1

I hope the next thing they will anounce is , fuck this we're going to start from scratch and build an entire new engine.

If that happened then this game would be dead to me.

If that happened then this game would be dead to me.

No it wouldn't. ^^

They should have just done that to begin with.

I've been waiting for long and not getting too much posts from Dean on twitter gets me even more hyped :o.

@Very Ape your name expresses my opinion about your ''clever'' sarcasm. There was no reason to be offensive and I think you know nothing about the game at all so congratulations you are the perfect passive consumer every developer wants. I really hope there aren't many guys that will support a dev like fanboys by attacking people.

I'm sorry if you misconstrued that as a personal attack or an insult.

I've been following the development closely. While I am very excited about the game, and upset at not knowing the release date, I don't think the developpers should cater to our every whim. Any expectation of them reassuring us that the release date isn't this week, every week, is unreasonable.

And my name.

Is f*****g awesome.

• Like 2