willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

for me personaly I don´t care when it comes out - BUT I want future updates on the mod(for playin in the while of waiting for the standalone...)

Who can confirm, if further updates of the mod will come?

I know that people get really frustrated because they want to play

for all the kids out there - this is common sense and has been said often enough, still seem to be so hard to grasp.

game development is not a simple progess bar you can watch on your screen as you download pr0n, unfortunately it's a bit more complicated, unforseen things will happen in every project (especially an ambitious one as dayz) and push the limit of your planned timeframe.

there is absolutely zero reason to get frustrated over that. much rather appreciate someone is doing that work to begin with, or else you won't ever be able to play said game - simple logic, not?

or to put it like that: if you ain't happy with rocket's work - bring it on and do it on your own! if you can't, keep your immature comments to yourself. THANKS!

Edited by Azrail

I doubt Rockets trip up Everest will have had any serious effect on any ETA as at this stage of the project the ball is in the programmers court, of which Rocket is not.

Not a problem for me to wait a little longer. I was hoping to get it on April (don´t ask me why, I just made my calculations and thought it was going to be released around that time).

The only thing I would like to say is: Rocket, please be careful in Everest, we want you back in one piece!!

And don´t forget to get enough Heatpacks for the trip!

Edited by Thorgromz

Is everyone else in the mod team still going to allow the testing, or is it going to be dark from April to June? Hope rocket does enjoy Everest, once in a lifetime thing.

to mutch waiting going to play rs 2007 for a bit

Its only coming out in june cause your doing your stupid mountain climbing bullshit rocket!

Yes, because developing a product of this size is in no way a team activity and one man, Dean Hall, is responsible for completing every single line of code and shaping every triangle all by his own lonesome self.

I only just started playing dayZ so it suits me fine, i can get some more time in on the mod, enjoy playing the excellent A2CO and the promising A3 alpha...then at some point in all that there will be the Dayz standalone. Long live games like Arma and DayZ.

It's not like June is even that long to wait.

true say chuck

June? There is no June release.

Folks, please stop fixating on JUNE.

• Like 2

Did anyone actually stop longer enough to think about why the information came from some reporter?

I dunno, maybe something to do with a portion of the DayZ Dev team being at PAX (a gaming convention)?

Its quite easy to figure out if you look at the tags on the article...

EDIT: At least the comments here have nothing on the ignorance in the comments on the article itself.

2nd EDIT: And as for the Mt. Everest thing, you know why you don't hear about other developers going on holiday during a development cycle? Because they wouldn't even tell you they did in the first place! It's unfortunate that in your company you wouldn't "be allowed" to take holiday (you could hardly climbing Mt.Everest a holiday) despite more than 7 months notice. But instead of complaining about someone elses success in their career, perhaps you should be looking at your own and making changes.

Edited by Kra
  • Like 1

June? There is no June release.

Folks, please stop fixating on JUNE.

But they said it won't be out before June!! Right? NOT BEFORE JUNE.

THAT MEANS IT'S CONFIRMED TO BE COMING OUT ON JUNE 1ST.

ROCKET SAID!

[/full retard] :P

• Like 3

If it's not released by 00:05 GMT on June 1st, I'm cutting myself. DO YOU WANT THAT ON YOUR CONSCIENCE, ROCKET? DO YOU?

:P

LOL epic.

• Like 1

If it's not released by 00:05 GMT on June 1st, I'm cutting myself. DO YOU WANT THAT ON YOUR CONSCIENCE, ROCKET? DO YOU?

thats 4 mins and 59 seconds too late ( i do mean for the release, not for self harm...which isnt something to take lightly by the way)

Edited by orlok

Do it right the first time so people won't have to do the paperwork twice!

There has to be a picture to make this line into a MEME...there has to be

Hello there

I think we should not treat self harm as something to meme or joke about IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

For once I will not omnomnom Orlok's post and will Agree with him.

Hello there

I think we should not treat self harm as something to meme or joke about IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

Semi serious question here 'Lok.

How come self harm's not a subject to joke about but I see members in this forum regularly talk about how they got cancer from a thread, YT vid or post.

I mean, I don't find either very funny, especially after seeing my mates dad waste away to a 60lb skeleton from cancer.

• Like 1

Semi serious question here 'Lok.

How come self harm's not a subject to joke about but I see members in this forum regularly talk about how they got cancer from a thread, YT vid or post.

I mean, I don't find either very funny, especially after seeing my mates dad waste away to a 60lb skeleton from cancer.

Definition of cancer

noun

[mass noun]

• a disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body:he’s got cancer | lung cancer

• [count noun] a malignant growth or tumour resulting from an uncontrolled division of cells:most skin cancers are curable

• [count noun] an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate:racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe

Taken from: http://oxforddiction.../english/cancer

Edited by Kra