willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Let's just forget about the Alpha, and go play other games. When we finally peek out from behind the computer screen, we'll see DayZ sitting there with a gift basket full of free vouchers for anonymous sex, lube, condoms, and an Alpha key that costs 20 bucks.

What I'm trying to say is this: Live your life, and let the standalone come as a surprise so you can do the Harlem Shake Seizure is an ecstasy of enjoyment that only comes from playing the game without knowing every detail of what to expect.

• Like 1

“Patience - the gift of being able to see past the emotion. ”

Edited by Muromets
  • Like 3

Let's just forget about the Alpha, and go play other games. When we finally peek out from behind the computer screen, we'll see DayZ sitting there with a gift basket full of free vouchers for anonymous sex, lube, condoms, and an Alpha key that costs 20 bucks.

What I'm trying to say is this: Live your life, and let the standalone come as a surprise so you can do the Harlem Shake Seizure is an ecstasy of enjoyment that only comes from playing the game without knowing every detail of what to expect.

I thought about it back in february.... what i have now? july .... no harlem shake ....... :(

Hello there

It seems we are having another perceived deadline situation.

AFAIK there have been no release dates decided on and publicly released, so I don't understand the angst and sometimes anger that the game isn't out imminently.

We all want to play, obviously, but I would rather have a relatively bug and problem free experience than having a game clog up my hdd which is broken/flawed.

The longer it takes the more polished an experience we will be having.

Take your time, I say, devs.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

"Ive developed a game and Ive decided it's day for release will be Thursday, which Thursday of which week, month and year is somethings I'd like to keep private though." --TodaysDevelopersHintingReleaseDates.

You know we wouldn't really have these issues if rocket or anyone else of the core staff actually updated their tumblr page or posted somethings on their twitter.

We'd still have the problem. A lot of the people that are spazzing out over the "missed' June release date, at least those that I've interacted with, have no clue where to find the devblog or Rockets twitter. In fact, Rocket has repeatedly addressed this issue on pretty much every social network uses, even PoF. And yet, people are still coming here to post about heartbreak, smashed dreams, and shattered realities.

People need to learn to avoid game review/news websites. They're not interested in informing you. They're interested in the ad revenue you generate for them.

• Like 7

its not the missed June its the missed last December and what happed than. so there is time to show 1 town at the E3 videos, in every interview he said the same, why he was there? he could use the time for development and let the public manager do the public stuff. its an alpha release, there we doesn't need 500+ items, extra stuff and so on. but hell yeah lets wait a other half year for a radio on a alpha release. :facepalm:

its not the missed June its the missed last December and what happed than. so there is time to show 1 town at the E3 videos, in every interview he said the same, why he was there? he could use the time for development and let the public manager do the public stuff. its an alpha release, there we doesn't need 500+ items, extra stuff and so on. but hell yeah lets wait a other half year for a radio on a alpha release. :facepalm:

They have also been open about why they made the decision to delay. The initial plan was to package the mod up into a standalone executable, fix some of the bugs and add some new content and polish. They realised they would not be able to solve the hacking issues unless they overhauled the entire engine architecture. That's why the game was delayed. They either take the time to get that right or they have a huge problem with hackers on launch day. Radios had absolutely nothing to do with it so I don't even know why you are suggesting this was the reason, that's absurd.

:facepalm:

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 7

They have also been open about why they made the decision to delay. The initial plan was to package the mod up into a standalone executable, fix some of the bugs and add some new content and polish. They realised they would not be able to solve the hacking issues unless they overhauled the entire engine architecture. That's why the game was delayed. They either take the time to get that right or they have a huge problem with hackers on launch day. Radios had absolutely nothing to do with it so I don't even know why you are suggesting this was the reason, that's absurd.

:facepalm:

there was a post (interview or ..) that the radio-stuff are breaking something and it would take a while to fix it?

Edited by Messad

Radios were relatively very easy and didn't take many resources or time to add, they take advantage of the VOIP system already widely used within the Arma engine, it's the engine overhaul for security that's taken the time, without that there is no game, or at least not one people will want to spend money on.

There really is only so many times this can be said before I start facepalming too.

Edited by Fraggle

there was a post (interview or ..) that the radio-stuff are breaking something and it would take a while to fix it?

[Citation Needed]

• Like 1

"feature creep"... dayz SA is def. starting to suffer from this plague that many game devs fall into.

duke nukem forever im looking at you...

this is a ALPHA release, just get it out there.. we'll understand and go from there...

• Like 1

All that talk about anti-hacking measures being the reason for a year-long delay makes me wonder whether we'll have another outcry on the forums once the game is released... if you know what I mean. Forgive me for being a skeptical pessimist.

Edited by Tilen

All that talk about anti-hacking measures being the reason for a year-long delay makes me wonder whether we'll have another outcry on the forums once the game is released... if you know what I mean. Forgive me for being a skeptical pessimist.

There will still be hacking in DayZ SA when it is released but it will just be the typical hacks that every game has such as aimbots and wall hacks.

Just imagine a situation when finally standalone comes out and there are hacks available two weeks after realease..............

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

<imagesnip>

I dont know what that image means...

It's not just security that the engine overhaul allows although of course that's a major reason. It's the reason they will now be able to introduce weapon degradation, customisable weapons and cars, a new loot spawn system, a new Zed spawn system, global loot tables and many other aspects that will differentiate the SA from the mod. If they hadn't done it and done it properly we would literally just be paying for a polished up mod.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

I dont know what that image means...

It means that Matt likes Thomas the Tank Engine

It means that Matt likes Thomas the Tank Engine

ah, thank you. I often dream of his powerful engine entering my welcoming station and all the passengers spilling out over my nice clean platform.

Back on topic, as Fraggle points out it's not a huge delay just cause "radios". It's a mammoth task. The dev team do have their work cut out to get the game out before *insert favourite date here* IMHO.

But, they are surprising little goblins and capable of some astounding feats.

As to cheats being out soon after release? Yup, I'm sure it will happen. The change now will be the type of "hax" and the hopefully improved speed etc with which they are banned. Personally, I'm less worried about DAYZ SA hacks than I am A3 hacks, and that's not a lot either.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

To everyone still complaining about the "delays" ...

Developing a game takes a great deal of time and effort. This isn't COD, the small dev team cannot squeeze out a game in mere months.

Hopefully the larger text will help.

We all want to play, obviously, but I would rather have a relatively bug and problem free experience than having a game clog up my hdd which is broken/flawed.

Oh so you uninstalled Arma 2 and don't play the DayZ mod anymore? I for one would love to play the game as it is. You could say it is kinda like watching a child grow. You can really see how the game is coming along when you start at point A and finally get to point B and can look back on the journey you and the game have been on. Like a child if you enter their life in the middle you don't get to see their first steps nor hear their first words.

" in·fo·ma·ni·a

[in-fuh-mey-nee-uh] noun

1. excessive enthusiasm for acquiring knowledge.

2. Digital Technology .

a. an obsessive need to constantly check e-mails, social-networking Web sites, online news, etc.: The fear of being out of the loop, not in the know, fuels infomania, especially among teens.

b. the effects of this obsession, especially a decline in the ability to concentrate: She attributes her increasingly poor “life management skills” to infomania. "

-Quote from Dictionary.com

I'll just leave this here.

Edited by Recalibar
  • Like 2

Oh so you uninstalled Arma 2 and don't play the DayZ mod anymore? I for one would love to play the game as it is. You could say it is kinda like watching a child grow. You can really see how the game is coming along when you start at point A and finally get to point B and can look back on the journey you and the game have been on. Like a child if you enter their life in the middle you don't get to see their first steps nor hear their first words.

Hello there

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my previous post, I do still play. I play a lot. too much some might say.

And once the Alpha hits you will see the game grow and expand, but I bet you'd like to have a fully formed babby to watch grow up?

Having the game now would be like just having a foot.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
housekeeping