willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

http://i.imgflip.com/2cp1.jpg

As long as it comes out i will be happy.

Dont meen to add to the shitstorm.

Were just all die hard fans waiting for a release!

Shitstorm is expected.

IMO

-Taking a little bit longer is a good thing.

just don't get our hopes up!

if they feel like they need some more time to dot the i's and cross the t's then so be it.

i really don't expect perfectness in ALPHA.

i feel like Rocket knows what they are doing and making this decision for our sake.

But YES I AM DISAPPOINTED

Well gonna go buy a month of WoW time to keep me occupied.

Edited by methr1k2dop3

Is there a specific day in June the Alpha will launch? :huh:

We don't even know if it's there an alpha release in June... our best option is to wait until E3 is finished and then Rocket might say something about the general progress of the Standalone, though it must be very close to the first public release because he already asked for material to the community to fill the radio stations thing in about two weeks, so MY honest guess is that Standalone could be released in a minimum of 3 weeks or so (that's the first days ofJuly)

Edited by Guisho

We don't even know if it's there an alpha release in June... our best option is to wait until E3 is finished and then Rocket might say something about the general progress of the Standalone, though it must be very close to the first public release because he already asked for material to the community to fill the radio stations thing in about two weeks, so MY honest guess is that Standalone could be released in a minimum of 3 weeks or so (that's the first days ofJuly)

Ok, so we don't have that long to go! :D
  • Like 1

Too many sheep in here, Release the game. you what to say it you know it, I did

Wut?

• Like 4

is this real or fake?

It's fake, probably malware.

Edited by SmashT

I just almost got an hearattack reading the devblog , until the word Arma3 xD

June 25th would have been nice.

"I guess the big question that a lot of people have is when we're actually going to get this out.

We've set a date now... like a window of about a week. And we're not going to say when that is because originally we were going to release [the keys] in 50,000 key increments, but we've kind of decided to do everything kind of all together.

We really want to focus on making sure the architecture is good, so that we can get feedback. "

Quote taken from the site: http://www.cinemable...Week-56966.html

• Like 1

whaaaat , what does this mean theyre going to tell us the date within a week or release within a week????

whaaaat , what does this mean theyre going to tell us the date within a week or release within a week????

Neither, they have a specific week in mind they want to release (an internal release date week basically), which week that is going to be though only they know.

Edited by SmashT

Neither, they have a specific week in mind they want to release, which week that is only they know.

I hope this week is within the time frame Rocket mentioned at E3 ("not next week, but anytime before August" (don't remember the exact quote))

Neither, they have a specific week in mind they want to release (an internal release date week basically), which week that is going to be though only they know.

it's going to be shark week...shark week confirmed

• Like 1

Rocket needs to choose his words more carefully. Got all excited like a puppy waiting for it's owner to walk in the door. I even peed on the floor.

Now that it's a confirmed false alarm I have no choice but to destroy Dean's couch.

oXMM1JS.jpg

Edited by Nihilum
  • Like 5

As ambiguous as the possible release date may be, at least it looks like we'll all get to play it straight away and not have to wait for a golden ticket to be one of the first 50,000 or second 50,000, etc.

well hurd for 3 months now its rdy for alpha .... lets least push the game into testing imo .... not trying to complain a shit ton just saying Zombie craze is dieing off a bunch would be nice to see you guys capitalize on the huge craze not only bring u more money to help get more people involved in the production of the game, but keep the player base vast and huge. Not saying it wont be even if u wait just be nice to have u guys start testing soon even if its a smaller number like 5000 people. Just keep progressing hope to see some more info soon and keep up the work guys.

So what progress has been made so far on the standalone over the mod ?

From what iv gathered from the last 6 months is, a New skeleton and animations for your character that greatly improves all movement. Zombie path finding that will hopefully make the Z's more believable in their movement, and act and attack like real zombies. Map is improved with alot more enterable buildings/loot spawns, and new areas. UI reworked and Zombies run server side now aswell.....

Gimme me 6 monkeys and a time machine, and id get all that done in 2 months flat.... :P

The longer this game takes, the less i expect from it. I hope it turns out great though and releases at some point in the next decade =P

I seen some new pics, one in particular that shows a building with a plane crashed through it, with all the rubble all over the street. When i buy the standalone day 1, i hope theyv done a top job on reworking the map with alot of little touches like that... and the zombies, i hope to god they nail the zombies, i watched a vid last week with rocket showing some gameplay, and the zombies looked a bit suspect.. the new Z animations are cool though.

Edited by Budheadz

I disagree budheadz, I'm glad they've waited and taken time. Think of it like a house, they decided to concrete the foundation instead building it on dirt. Its created options, now you can build whatever you'd like on the foundation and it will no longer be washed away or cave in after 6 months. We should congratulate them on the progress they have made. I understand the need for constructive feedback but its reaching the level of bickering about the colour of the curtains on the second floor when we are yet to complete the scaffolding. Nevertheless i am one eager beaver for its release.

• Like 4

Looking at the work gone into it from the Rezzed and E3 videos I can now more than understand all the time it has taken to get this far.

As far as Zombie / Infected games being dated and getting old, Dead Rising 3, Last Of Us and others are proving otherwise. I don't think players will get bored of this genre any time soon, Developers know players like mindless killing and no better way of doing this than a Zombie version of their games via DLC and Mods.

I can't wait for the game to come out. I'm constantly checking steam. The only thing I'm worried about is that people buy the alpha and expect a fully functioning game and then might leave because of the bugs. But whatever.