willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

DayZ Alpha won't launch until launched !

Well, June is coming up so hopefully it doesn't get delayed again.

Latest feedback was, that Rocket is early on Everest, just waiting for a sunny day to make the final push to summit. He expects, if weather is fine, to be back up to 2 weeks earlier than expected.

News from the Engine-Front: "it's stable enough", implying that there are still some bugs to fix, but it would be stable enough to release.

Personal estimation for release (very optimistic): mid of june.

Edited by liquidmind

Latest feedback was, that Rocket is early on Everest, just waiting for a sunny day to make the final push to summit. He expects, if weather is fine, to be back up to 2 weeks earlier than expected.

News from the Engine-Front: "it's stable enough", implying that there are still some bugs to fix, but it would be stable enough to release.

Personal estimation for release (very optimistic): mid of june.

We can only hope.

I do want it to release sooner rather than later but I think it's probably going to get pushed back to at least July.

They will still have to go through quite a bit of stress/load testing and bug testing with the content they already currently have.

My exams finish around the 24th of June, I am actually hoping it's delayed till July, I dont need the distraction :P

My exams finish around the 24th of June, I am actually hoping it's delayed till July, I dont need the distraction :P

Completely with you on that one. Already enough distractions with Planetary Annihilation Alpha at the end of this month.

Quick question: when the alpha is out and I buy it, when the game comes out I get a key for the complete version too, right?

Yes just like in Arma 3.

That's what I thought, but I wanted a confirmation, thanks! :)

Since we're on it, did rocket said a possible price range for the alpha?

That's what I thought, but I wanted a confirmation, thanks! :)

Since we're on it, did rocket said a possible price range for the alpha?

Again, use Arma 3's price as a ballpark figure and you won't be far wrong, I'd guess even less than that tbh but don't quote me on it.

Again, use Arma 3's price as a ballpark figure and you won't be far wrong, I'd guess even less than that tbh but don't quote me on it.

I thought that it would be something less, but that's ok, thanks :)

I'd pay for the alpha release it on steam dean and let us buy it!

That's what they will be doing :/

• Like 1

I'd pay for the alpha, release it on steam dean and let us buy it!

Comas

(lok says: commas :))

Edited by orlok

I also like the idea of them taking there time on the project instead of just rushing it and not making a good game.

• Like 1

as long as it comes out im happy playing world of tanks... hell id actually forgotten about DAYZ!!!!!

I hope the server will be protected by VAC and not BE or maybe both. But yet I am sure someone will manage to produce hacks for it... I wish games would only be allowed to be played by a certain audience and not children since in 80% of cases they are the hackers/cheaters that ruin the game and fun for others just because they su*k di*k at the game.

Edited by raynor009

I hope the server will be protected by VAC and not BE or maybe both. But yet I am sure someone will manage to produce hacks for it... I wish games would only be allowed to be played by a certain audience and not children since in 80% of cases they are the hackers/cheaters that ruin the game and fun for others just because they su*k di*k at the game.

I would like to see them go the route of something like Red Orchestra 2, which runs both VAC and Punkbuster. Along with a good, locked down architecture like WoW or Dota. Edited by DontTrustPubs

yeah punkbuster is good, they should really think about using it. lookt at bf3 there are no hackers

Edited by raynor009

yeah punkbuster is good, they should really think about using it. lookt at bf3 there are no hackers

Dont Know if trolling or serious. If serious: bro you obviously haven't played BF3 multiplayer for more than 10 hours.

Dont Know if trolling or serious. If serious: bro you obviously haven't played BF3 multiplayer for more than 10 hours.

Sarcasm, look it up!

Then find better server to play on it. Meet only 4 cheaters.

And every game have cheaters and every game will have cheaters. Period.

I actually have 100+ hours in bf3 and I never met a single cheater unless you count people who use exploits cheaters...

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/raynor009/

Edited by raynor009

Just the fact you play bf3 makes you unworthy in my eyes to be part of DayZ. It's all you guys that team death match the crap out of DayZ which distracts from where I believe the game was headed. COD and BF are not and will not ever be as good a game as ArmA is.