Death_Dealer

Anyone else miss when you were a noob?

If you could get the chance to be a noob at DayZ again, would you?

I know I would. There's something about DayZ when you're just starting out.. not quite sure what is is.. It just.. feels good.

• Like 14

I suppose once you have explored every cinch of Chenerus and it's map cousins, you will begin to get used to the occasional BS and loot spawns from certain buildings.

When I first headed inland Chenerus, I was mystified with my companion to see what the interior had to offer, and sometimes, I wish the world was a little bit more dynamic and randomly generated.

• Like 1

The adrenaline, when a zombie aggroes you and you get crazy, your first heart attack when you see a player, your YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! when you find your first enfield, etc...

I would definitely go back.

Edit: Ninja`d by Smorski lol

Edited by Henryllex~
  • Like 4

When I first headed inland Chenerus, I was mystified with my companion to see what the interior had to offer, and sometimes, I wish the world was a little bit more dynamic and randomly generated.

Yeah, definitely. Once I began learning pretty much the entire map, I felt an emptiness inside of me.. things started to get a little boring after that.

Yeah I've been playing for almost a year now, do miss the unknowing of everything it basically feels routine now a days

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to rediscovering Chernarus+, but I miss the feeling of being disoriented, helpless and clueless.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 5

It definitely feels like I'm playing an entirely different game now compared to my initial days playing Dayz.

• Like 1

I really wish i could just go back to the first day i played DayZ, would be a dream come true.

It just isn't the same is it.

I remember my entire body shaking when i stumbled across a player who hadnt seen me yet. The anticipation as to what would happen next was like a drug and i couldnt get enough. I lost the edge whenever I became completely comfortable in PvP situations.

Funny this post came along now,earlier I was minding my own business up north with my heli then got kicked out due to drinking.......sigh......THEN got warped to otmel. Had to run all the way back north but actually quite enjoyed the bambiness of it all......I can't remember the last time I ran for anything lol!

Oh I sooo much miss those days of logging onto DayZ and being scared out of my wits and me and dutch attempt to find each other. One of us with a map, the other with a terrible sense of direction and a pistol, those were the dayZ!

Edited by Gambles

at first I was about to say yes, then I remembered my TRUE first dayz experience. Spawned outside Elektro. Made it to the docks and was beyond upset i couldn't find anything. Had no idea what i could loot or where to go, just empty buildings or buildings I couldn't enter. That was... a good hour or two of crawling until I eventually got up and ran only to die 3 minutes later.

Not to forget getting stuck on doors, not understanding how dangerous stairs were, etc.. etc.. etc..

What I actually miss... is the SECOND week of dayz when I knew how to play and being familiar with all the deadly bugs. There was still so much mystery and unknown in the game. Screw the first week lol !

This is true about every video game that has an easy learning curve (BF when it is first released, CoD games, Skyrim, Oblivion). When you are new to the game, the game is new to you; you expect nothing unless you use youtube spoilers, which is your own darn fault.

DayZ is the one game I would not barter my virginity back for, however. And this might just because I never considered myself a DayZ noob. I watched so many youtube videos of it, that I knew what/where everything was. All the locations, stats, spawning areas...

Worse yet, I have over 100 hours docked for ArmA 2 OA alone. That doesn't count A2, Demo, A2FREE, or A2 OA Beta, which are all above 50 hours each. I know ArmA 2 like I know the backs of my hands: Intimately.

Nothing surprised me about DayZ. I ruined the game for myself. But if I had joined (like so many idiots) without practicing in A2 OA MP and the campaign, plus editor to test all the weapons, I never would have enjoyed DayZ; I'd have ragequit too early without knowing what OA would offer me as a zombie game.

So no, I don't want to be "New" to DayZ again. This is one of the few games I'll say no to.

I've played another online game going on three years now, and I've always told new players who are frustrated with a rough start to enjoy it while they can. Eventually they will get bored with it, the magic will just disappear one day. DayZ is the same way for me. My first month was the best time I ever had in this game, even though it was hell (I had zero experience with Arma).

I'll always miss those initial periods in my favorite games when everything was new.

The player interactions where very intense. Losing that AK47 was super traumatic. When you move into any populated area it was all about patience and scanning everything. Heart was always racing. Nervously eyeing my food/water meters. Desperately scouring through houses for a drink and some beans. The first time I found a vehicle I nearly crapped my pants. I could travel all over the place in minutes! It was great! Every minute seemed intense. Also playing into the night time before I knew quick ways to get NVGs. Tossing road flares and moving block by block slowly, out of the light but watching the areas that were light up. Yeah, I miss the early days. They were great. I still get quite a rush out of interacting with other players. Is he going to shoot? Will he not? If he doesn't and we travel together, who's going to turn on who first? Should I just kill him now and save myself the headache later? Now i'm efficient and I know the good places to go. The newness has lost some of it's edge, but every encounter has the possibility to be a great story to tell to my friends who play. This game is one of a kind and I love it!-edit: I would love to get that new feeling again, but I do like being able to navigate around and get started without the headaches of not knowing where to go.

Edited by ButtHat

Man, I remember my first player encounter. Heart was pounding, couldn't think straight, and I was scared to death.

Now it's just routine business.

Where did the good times go?

The key is to

Skip to 3:03

Let the nostalgia flow through you.

I think all the noob feelings would come back when I turned the music back up. Skip to 6:40: this track always gave me goose bumps when it started.

• Like 2

Not entirely sure if it's even possible, but wouldn't it be fuckin sweet if every server, on first boot, randomly generated a map? Imagine that shit. And it would be like Minecraft, with the whole seed thing. One server generates an epic ass map, share the seed so any server can play on it!

I never considered myself a DayZ noob. I watched so many youtube videos of it, that I knew what/where everything was. All the locations, stats, spawning areas...

Nothing surprised me about DayZ. I ruined the game for myself. But if I had joined (like so many idiots) without practicing in A2 OA MP and the campaign, plus editor to test all the weapons, I never would have enjoyed DayZ

I had never heard of Arma before DayZ and was one of the people who bought Arma JUST to play DayZ. Honestly though I wouldnt like to do it any other way. Being completely new to the entire engine/game/experience was worth it. I didnt watch any videos, nor did i look up any guides. I bought it after spending 20 minutes at a friends house watching him play what looked like the hardest game id ever seen and at that point he hadnt even found a gun yet.

Now I have over 200 hours on Arma OA and Ive fell in love with the Arma games in general, so I guess you could say i did it in reverse. Calling people idiots for not researching the game and playing Arma first like you did is just plain wrong and makes you seem arrogant, who cares how someone goes about playing the game if they respect and enjoy playing it.

If anything Id say going into it blind with no clue what to expect was more enjoyable than sitting there watching other peoples videos to learn everything first. Wheres the fun in that????

I'm still fairly new. The furthest north I've been is Stary, still haven't been to Devils Castle or the NW Airfield yet. Lucky me B)

• Like 1

What really, REALLY ruined it for me was the usage of the DayzDB maps, showing all the loot, towns and spawns. I wish I could go back and slap myself silly for ever even opening one of those. I used to be afraid and frightened to play this game before I realized what tards the Zeds actually were.. it just lost itself for me when everything was figured out. I wish I could go back to day one and experience the whole game all over again, of course WITH music. Nowadays you have it turned off because you have to hear any sound around you and it kinda pisses me off.