mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

Probably. But it's weird still since Comic Sans already is there for use, why the wait?

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Speaking of names popping up... will/can anything be done about the cumbersome "Door Opening" interface?

Half of the time, I'm right up on the mother effing door with a pack of zombies on my heels and it doesn't give me the option to open it... unless I'm like five feet away... or looking at the wall beside it.

Most doors have a 'sweet spot' where you'll consistantly get the door open icon, it's just a matter of finding it for each door. xD

I'm hoping this will be cleaned up in the standalone, but I haven't heard any official information from the devs about it.

• Like 1

Most doors have a 'sweet spot' where you'll consistantly get the door open icon, it's just a matter of finding it for each door. xD

I'm hoping this will be cleaned up in the standalone, but I haven't heard any official information from the devs about it.

I do remember reading something by the devs about cleaning all of that up so that the "hitboxes" for actions like that are much more intuitive.

That's a much more concise way of describing this phenomenon, thanks.

Yeah, it's just a bit annoying not being able to just crash on through a door when you're trying to put some distance between you and a mass of zombies. (Not specifically referring to zombies walking inside buildings).

Hello there

There are Arma mods that make the zone to enter vehicles/open doors etc far wider, so at the very least something like that could be implemented. I'm sure it's on their todo list :)

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

collision/hit-boxes is a big big issue! this must be fixed and they do so hopefully

• Like 1

Please, please, please, please, (if possible) try to learn from the mistakes made by the devs of Diablo 3 and SimCity for when you launch DayZ SA.

That is all. :)

• Like 1

@soapmak3r - You mean, if you have a game that only works when your servers work, try and make it so your servers work?

That's crazy talk.

Rocket. Take the money and run, like a sensible person.

If you hide up Everest, nobody could be arsed chasing after you.

• Like 2

Yeh, I really enjoyed it. I think some of the good things about that game are already being looked at (crafting, weapon customisation ect). In fact I loved that game and thought it was underrated but it was very different from what the devs are going for with DayZ.

The zeds in that game were scary as hell (to me anyway). If I could pick one thing the devs looked to that game for inspiration for it would probably be the zed sounds. When you heard one scream from a distance you knew it was about to kick off.

I agree, I found the sound of the infected in the distance kind of creepy. I really loved the game Dead Island.

• Like 4

Please, please, please, please, (if possible) try to learn from the mistakes made by the devs of Diablo 3 and SimCity for when you launch DayZ SA.

I think there will only be a small amount of cd keys when the game launches to avoid this issue.

If not i hope they have great server providers and a lot of servers.

• Like 1

Rocket will there still be the backround tracks playing like there are in the mod?

I for one hope so anyway :)

• Like 1

4000 ZOMBIES %$#$@! ermygerd ders is ermpersiberl i already find zombies a massive problem but i would like to see how it goes great job.

I think they said a while ago that they'd be releasing keys in batches to avoid that scenario.

also he was using a doggy recorder in the blog so that's why i think the lighting and color was the best i didn't even notice it that much i've just read allot of posts saying something about the color and lighting.

4000 zombies is a little to much.

There better be a ton of extra loot to compensate for it lol :P

I bet the standalone wont come out till after Arma3.

Has anyone seen what Arma3 looks like? All the standalone looks like is an Arrma3 mod. :o/

Is it just me or is there nothing being added in the standalone that isn't being worked on in Arma3?

A list of things in Arma3 that the dayz team has been going on about like it is unique to their game.

Volumetric clouds. better graphics. more interaction with vehicles and the like. clothing system. The ability to keep items in clothing.

As far as I can tell the only things they are actually working on by them selves is the zombie AI and adding loot spawns under shit.

4000 zombies is a little to much.

There better be a ton of extra loot to compensate for it lol :P

i dont think 4000 zombies is too much for 169KM^2 in fact it's right around the actual pop density on average

http://en.wikipedia....ion_density.svg

and that is for 2006

Edited by Urzaden
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen what Arma3 looks like? All the standalone looks like is an Arrma3 mod. :o/

Is it just me or is there nothing being added in the standalone that isn't being worked on in Arma3?

A list of things in Arma3 that the dayz team has been going on about like it is unique to their game.

Volumetric clouds. better graphics. more interaction with vehicles and the like. clothing system. The ability to keep items in clothing.

As far as I can tell the only things they are actually working on by them selves is the zombie AI and adding loot spawns under shit.

custom gear, server side AI (zombies spawn with the server), custom zombie models, custom zombie animations, custom buildings. it is an stand alone after all and not a new game from scratch. client sided scripting blocked so that will take care of a lot of hackers. lots of goodies imho, just those make the game worthwhile. as long as the minimum fps is acceptable on mid-high end machines.

if they are able to fix the bottleneck the game engine has on the first cpu core that plague arma 2 and 3 for now (which i would guess they did with the serverside stuff) and get decent minimum framerates, then ill be very happy with dayz.

Edited by white
  • Like 2

I think they said a while ago that they'd be releasing keys in batches to avoid that scenario.

So... what may one individual do to percure a key for himself?

*licks lips sensually*

• Like 1

This is my face right now http://1.bp.blogspot...y_CrusierPL.png

Dude, just think of the new skeleton. JUST that skeleton rig is already a MASSIVE change from ArmA3. Also, the new server system. Nothing like that has been done before.

Edited by osallivan

Obviously you haven't done much research. I needn't provide information as various users have already given sufficient said product.

So... what may one individual do to percure a key for himself?

*licks lips sensually*

I meant the paid for keys when people purchase. It was ages ago so you can ignore me really but they said something about releasing the keys in batches of *insert number* thousands (?) to stop the servers being raped.

*burps in your face*

Edited by Fraggle

Man...I hope there are tuxedos in the SA...And tweed jackets with leather patches on the elbows...and monocles...and bowler hats...

I meant the paid for keys when people purchase. It was ages ago so you can ignore me really but they said something about releasing the keys in batches of *insert number* thousands (?) to stop the servers being raped.

*burps in your face*

It's going to be ridiculous trying to get a copy of the game at launch, is what you are saying... We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...

Edited by soapmak3r
  • Like 2