mattlightfoot

DayZ Developer Blog 8th March

Wat? Speaking of banning people for posting pointless posts :/

No

I can omnomnon Orlok all I want until he says otherwise

That avatar... careful there.

Open / Closable vehicle wreck doors? Hm.. I'll say what we're all wondering - Will we be able to break our leg's on them? If not, what's the fun in that?

That avatar... careful there.

Angry Orlok?

I still hope they do something about the lighting and color. It is way too dark an blueish ! Some people say it's just because of some clouds or the time, but in every video it looks the same.

Someone posted some screenshots how it should actually look ..

also the sun glare seems to be way too much, just like in the mod if we look at some old screenshots. Also the change of light / color in the current mod is just ridiculous. If you change your field of view the glare / lightning changes completely .. everything is colorfull if you look to the ground and if you look just a little bit more straight ahead / up it's getting darker. These changes are way too extrem and just unrealistic. especially as they also occur indoors ...

So please Dev-Team, do something about the colors / light / glare .... because in the game you experience these changes in lighting / glare very strongly but in realy life you don't even notice it that much. So it realy is just annoying.

Look how bright the desk and the lamp look / reflect the light:

Silly.Not every day is a bright, cloudless blue sky Summers eve - I much prefer an in-depth feel to the textures which is capable through darkening the aspect's a little bit, as to an over-saturated image which gives me a headache.. Perhaps that's just me, I mustn't be too sadistic =/

The only question i have thus far is: If all zombies are spawned in at the start of the server, what does that mean when we kill one? Is it permanently dead until server restart? Is it just respawned in the same location?

I really hope when we kill zombies there is some type of buffer time between spawns because i would really like the idea that if i'm under attack by zombies and i kill them, there will be a point that i can clear a city or a village or just an area for a small time. Not just an endless spawn fest. I don't really like shooting zombies because how i see it, we use weapons to escape danger and avoid death. Using a weapon on a zombie not only doesn't solve the problem but in actuality, just makes the problem worse because zombies will come endlessly. . Some of you might say that this makes sense seeing as when you shoot a gun the zombies are going to be attracted to it, and i can agree with this, but how it happens in the game is completely broken, shoot a gun the zombies lock onto you, which they shouldn't. They should be attracted to the sound and the location of that sound to they run to the area that the sound was in, so i shoot a gun and hear them coming and run around the corner, they shouldn't just follow and attack you like they know, because they don't. And i'm also fine with the endless amount because in a way it is endless, there will be more zombies then bullets in some situations, but as is, the game has an infinite amount of zombies, if there was a definitive number of zombies then i would reconsider killing them. and thus, they would re spawn at a later time. Not just appear out of thin air like they are all time lords.

Jesse

• Like 1

The server will still respawn zombies, they just won't be spawned by the client. I assume there will be some sort of delay so you can temporarily clear areas to loot.

• Like 1

Wat? Speaking of banning people for posting pointless posts :/

It wasn't orlok, you swan :P

It wasn't orlok, you swan :P

Just to clerify Im not trying to impersonate Orlok Im simply following him around observing his noms. My pictures is a bit different as well :P If there is something wrong with this don't hesitate to PM me

The whole DayZ concept with Dinosaurs instead of Zombies sounds like it would be pretty fantastic, I would try that!

yep dinosaurZ would be great

I've said this before but can you imagine big Arma maps with the dinos from Primal Carnage running/flying about??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_QVd4Le-O8

Wait a minute... you're not Orlok!?

There's something sinister about leviski... almost like he has some kind of plan. I'm keeping an eye on you.

Anyway, in theory... TODAY'S THE DAY TODAY'S THE DAY TODAY'S THE DAY TODAY'S THE DAY TODAY'S THE DAY TODAY'S THE DAY TODAY'S THE DAY

• Like 1

Did Rocket ever say anything about changing seasons and winter?

Yeh, it's require A LOT of work (re-texturing the whole map for winter ect.) but I'm gonna keep nagging until it happens. I think changing seasons was one of my first ever suggestions on here, happy days.

• Like 2

I vaguely remember him saying it would be something they would look at for additional maps later down the track but unlikely for Chernarus+

• Like 2

"Trainers...whyyyyy?" Evil things for the masses.

I do hope snobbery goes out the window come the apocalypse :rolleyes:

• Like 3

It's not snobbery, it's the premiss of DayZ. Your stranded in a zombie wasteland & it's up to you to figure out how to survive. I suggest you don't play Don't Starve if you need your hand held.

• Like 1

I suggest you don't play Don't Starve if you need your hand held.

I do suggest, however, that you all play the marvalous Flash game that is:

• Like 2

It's not snobbery, it's the premiss of DayZ. Your stranded in a zombie wasteland & it's up to you to figure out how to survive. I suggest you don't play Don't Starve if you need your hand held.

Think you misunderstood mate but your point was well constrcuted lol

• Like 2

Hello there,

today i feel a little split. Almost like im in two minds.

Now, come the apocalypse I will still be a hideous snob, but to please the masses (and not for my own personal benefit, oh no, not at all) I would wear trainers if i *had* to.

I wouldn't enjoy it, but to please you, dear forum member, I'm happy to make that sacrifice.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 3

I only ever wear trainers unless I have a job interview or a funeral to go to.

• Like 4

On topic, I dont think seasons would be *fully* implemented but temerature changes/cloud cover (possibly shaders?) could be altered to represent seasons just dont expect fallen leaves in autumn or snow in winter. :)

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

just dont expect fallen leaves in autumn or snow in winter. :)

Rdgs

LoK

That would be really cool though.

• Like 1

I'd have to abandon my adidas for much of the year then, running around in all that mud and snow, they'd be destyoyed.

My 14 holes will have to come out at that point....

... and at least they're good for stomping bandits :D

• Like 2

That would be really cool though.

It would be cool, but just isn't feasibly doable AFAIK. :(

• Like 1