willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

Community Food and Drink Textures!

There are some Arma assets that BI has released. Grab the environment pack and look under Misc. Textures and an .rvmat would need to be made and the packing of the object may be different but that's a good place to start.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?61769-BI-Sample-Models&p=1147654&viewfull=1#post1147654

• Like 1

everything looks too clean

:| what? Like as in, lack of dirt/grime?

Hello there,

That would be a comment from me too. I think that one needs to really look at real life composition/design styles of cans/containers etc to get a truly real feel.

Also, wear and tear/crumples/crinkles/dents are key.

I still think its a great effort though.

• Like 1

Try messing with the _nohq image. You can get a lot of subtle detail like crumples and even a paper/fabric effects with it. For example, the rings on the sides of the tin cans in the communityassets are simulated this way. Editing it by hand can go a long way to show you how it all works and ties together but you might need a plugin to create your own proper _nohq texture in the Gimp.

There's some decent modding tutorials for Skyrim that explain a lot of the same maps in a friendly way. They're worth watching if you want to pick up a bit of knowledge and if you just like to watch people make cool stuff. They've actually inspired me quite a bit and I'm going to try my hand at modeling in 3ds Max again when I try to mod Arma3.

• Like 2

Yeah, bear in mind I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to a lot of this. :blush:

Thanks for the comments however, I'll see what I can do when I have a moment (which I currently don't).

Saying that, I'm gonna look at the ingame pasta/frank+beans/beans etc and see what they're doing!

• Like 1

Inga, you're doing a great job. dont stop.

@sausage i zink ve are clearly both very vell adjusted in our mental attitudes today

L

Edited by orlok
too many both's
  • Like 1

Yeah, bear in mind I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to a lot of this. :blush:

Thanks for the comments however, I'll see what I can do when I have a moment (which I currently don't).

Saying that, I'm gonna look at the ingame pasta/frank+beans/beans etc and see what they're doing!

Same. I'm honestly not that far ahead of you on this little journey we're taking. :)

@SeniorOrlok, I have no idea. It merely pleases me to behave in a certain way on what appears to be a forum of some sort.

• Like 1

http://thumbp18-bf1....=1416&fid=Inbox

give me some credit, i used paint and am a bad artist, so i mainly cut and pasted other things into one thing

how do i make it a picture, not a url?

anyway, on topic, it is sopposed to look like the paint is wearing out in soem places.

Edited by Perigrin

http://thumbp18-bf1....=1416&fid=Inbox

give me some credit, i used paint and am a bad artist, so i mainly cut and pasted other things into one thing

how do i make it a picture, not a url?

anyway, on topic, it is sopposed to look like the paint is wearing out in soem places.

I can't access the url. and the code is used.

10rs61j.jpg Edited by Perigrin

sorry 2x post

Edited by Perigrin

there should be two stage configs...the first one for the normal map, the second for the texture ( use "add stage" if there is only one)

• Like 1

Why isnt there a "Kevin Bacon Juice" yet? Im suprised. Genuinely.

Edited by Talibambi

if you open your RVMAT (or Mat Editor in o2) you should see the stage config including your textures path, you have to add another stage config and add the path for the normal maps

• Like 1

2nukumv.png

NEW VERSION

Edited by Perigrin
  • Like 2