willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

Community Food and Drink Textures!

2zjcklh.jpg

My little piece of art. This should make it in the mod actually. Cancer is very real and it can trigger from bad diet. If you eat many of these you get cancer. This is really immersive. Makes you think what you eat ;)

LOL, did you spell "yestarday" wrong on purpose.. yesterday.

Well, getting a localhost server up is proving to be by far the hardest part of this.

This entire experience has been like that. The deeper I fall into this hole the more I come to appreciate what the modders do.

• Like 2

This entire experience has been like that. The deeper I fall into this hole the more I come to appreciate what the modders do.

That's the funniest part about all this, the making is just the easy part. Now I've got unexplained errors flying about all over the place and MySQL is being silly. I may have to pop into IRC later on to see what's up.

Hopefully I'll have some kind of working demo in the next week, I'm giving it that long a deadline as next week is unfortunately going to be incredibly busy for me.

Some more ideas for models I've had:

Dry food mix (must be mixed with water in a mess tin over a fire to cook and eat properly)

Mess tins (military), Enamel Bowls (Civilian) - used for cooking

Lighter - like matches, but with fuel (compared to perhaps having 20-30 matches in a box)

Random trash loot such as:

Cutlery, batteries (although could have a use later), candles, toys.

• Like 2

how about cabbage, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, apples, pears, cherries...

you know anything that could grow naturally in and around chernarus..

• Like 2

no...but i dreamed a dream in time gone by, when hope was high and life worth living so you could eat fruites and veggies right off the trees/plants.

Example: Apple-tree in the backyard leads to apples as consumable loot around it and so on and so forth...

Cool, thanks. I will definitely have a look and take some inspiration from it.

Come on guys! Someone else has got to have some art skills around here!

my art skills died somewhere in 5th grade.

• Like 1

I made a "logo" about a Rocket Drink i have in my mind in Soviet theme. Nothing important. Just to kill my time. Hope you like it. If anyone want to use it feel free to pm me so i can give you the PSD

29ehi8m.png

• Like 2

My photoshop skills are not so good as some of you folks, but I gave it a go.

My crude attempt of making beans for DayZ - Vasily Heinzovich - Comrade Stalin Beans:

wclbbl.jpg

I made a "logo" about a Rocket Drink i have in my mind in Soviet theme. Nothing important. Just to kill my time. Hope you like it. If anyone want to use it feel free to pm me so i can give you the PSD

29ehi8m.png

It's nice.. I can see about using it on one of my designs if you'd like? The only problem is that it says rdketd.

I can churn out cans easily its just testing them in game that is proving almost impossible . :(

• Like 1

Just an update for anyone lurking.. I've been really busy this week with work and all that so haven't had time to make any more cans. I haven't managed to get a server up either (it's really, really, unnecessarily difficult) and probably won't in the end. I guess if I uploaded the UVs you could review them and I could just send the descriptions and such to GitHub when I feel like I've got enough and am happy with them. Please give your thoughts (should we have a vote beforehand etc).

• Like 1

good work so far, i have been trying, but when i make stuff it just looks like vomit.

• Like 1

good work so far, i have been trying, but when i make stuff it just looks like vomit.

Can of Vomit! Now available! ready for purchase!

xo36o7.png

for me?! really!?....now i'm feeling like Paris Hilton!!! FINALLY!

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Just popped in for a look.

:thumbsup: keep it up boys.

• Like 1

so is there still some work going on...this thread needs to stay alive!

• Like 1

Agreed. I've gone down a different path recently so I haven't been able to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll probably get off my butt and look into setting a test server up.

If anyone would like to see their textures in game, for viewing pleasure only, let me know. At least you'll be able to see your hard work in the game environment. :)

• Like 1