willey.erd@oundleschool.org.uk

Community Food and Drink Textures!

I made a "logo" about a Rocket Drink i have in my mind in Soviet theme. Nothing important. Just to kill my time. Hope you like it. If anyone want to use it feel free to pm me so i can give you the PSD

29ehi8m.png

Did you have the russian pronounciation in mind when you wrote this?

Is that the actual word for rocket in russian? Because it feels really weird to pronounce...

REJUVENATE

I'm juvenile

Though that may not be a good thing

Agreed. I've gone down a different path recently so I haven't been able to work on this as much as I'd like. I'll probably get off my butt and look into setting a test server up.

If anyone would like to see their textures in game, for viewing pleasure only, let me know. At least you'll be able to see your hard work in the game environment. :)

Seeing as I am still having major problems even scripting them in game, would you mind putting mine up if you have a minute?

Sorry to have been quiet recently I've just been busy with life in general.

• Like 1

Ok, heres something I rustled up:

1fybs6.png

2lnd253.png

34489zl.jpg

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 4

:beans:

Any luck getting Redditors to join the effort yet? Last time I read the thread (last week I think) they didn't really seem on-board :rolleyes:

Branching out to other objects is always a good thing. I'm still a fan of the community assets idea.

Any luck getting Redditors to join the effort yet? Last time I read the thread (last week I think) they didn't really seem on-board :rolleyes:

Maybe once we start to gather some momentum they'll take notice.

The thread kind of just collapsed. I might try to make a more general community art thread at some point, to be honest all they seemed to care about on that thread was the fact that 'they only cared about the names' and assorted crap like that. :)

Edited by Ingasmeeg

Another idea I've had, I might try to rework some of those billboard posters by adding quarantine posters and advice. Would add a bit to immersion/atmosphere.

this is such a good idea...you have my beans :beans:

• Like 1

Thanks Sausage King, I was hoping that you might be so kind! It looks good in game - but does the texture seem a bit stretched when its on the model (It seems compressed on the bottom and stretched on the top)? Maybe fiddle with the UV map?

Another idea I've had, I might try to rework some of those billboard posters by adding quarantine posters and advice. Would add a bit to immersion/atmosphere.

Yes, this is a excellent idea!

Edited by Hoik

It is indeed. I could fiddle with the UVmap but it's a pretty small issue and it's the same across all cans at the moment. From looking at the UV and Joey's textures it may have been intentional but I'm not one to say. I'm just a beginner's apprentice to be honest. :)

• Like 1

For anyone having trouble seeing their texture clearly in Buldozer.

With the model highlighted, click on Points > Transform 3D > Scale.

bnCnSDo.jpg

... and crank up the X, Y, and Z values to 40 or so and then click OK.

qxiRdX8.jpg

And then view your model in Buldozer.

Before and After. :) If you guys get the same weird lighting issue and can't stand it, I can post a quick fix to that too.

**** Do no overwrite any of the models with this scale applied. This is just so you can view the texture in detail. Save the .p3d as something else so you can come back and test your various textures later. :)

Edited by SausageKingofChicago
  • Like 1

Just a little update: I've been really busy again and have had a look at my already done textures, and will be updating the Rocket Fuel ASAP. I'm happy with the grape drink and stroganoff and will be looking into some new designs tomorrow, after having been to hospital to have my bloody leg cast FINALLY removed.

• Like 1

Why cans? Why does everything have to be in a can? What about food in boxes? Like cereal

zc-box1.gif

Edited by harley001

*peeks in*

шоколада вкусные закуски

Chocolate Yummy Snacks // A boost for the sad survivor in a sadder world :lol: ?

• Like 2