r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

So you honestly think in a post-apocalyptic former Soviet state "Derpy Hooves' Tinned Muffins" would be a common occurance.

YES.

bdfsqZo.png

Edited by Gews
  • Like 1

Let's say that my grandma has wheels. :rolleyes:

You, great community contributor. Where were you, when the devs where working for the 3D models? When they announced that some of them are actually going to made the patch ?

And if you knew better, not a single mod asked for his 3D model to make it into game. They started for the lols.

I dont even care about Low Karma bro :

http://www.reddit.co...ed_in_the_dayz/

Now i don't have a reddit account and i won't make one because reddit gives cancer. But if i had i would upvote that.

Cheers, I felt I had to say something as in the past I had always seen the Subreddit as alot more sensible.. what says far more is the spectacular amount of downvotes it is getting !

Edited by sirinon

Are people really upset about 1/20 of their cans saying Derpy_Hooves? I don't watch the show but getting angry about it is childish IMO. He has been with the community for a while and seems to be a nice person. Their is no reason he and the rest of the mods shouldn't be commended for their time and effort. Please don't remove the items.

PLus the labels are small. It would be entirely possible to ignore the labels.

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

I remember you posting somewhere that you wondered where all the haters went in a tone that was almost mocking.

To clear anything up, I really do appreciate what you guys do, what I'm pissed about is that we come to voice our perfectly valid opinions and get ganged up on by everyone who doesn't agree with us. They were arrogant, immature, and wouldn't even back up their arguments, only essentially say we were wrong and walk off. And you guys did nothing to support us, even if you don't agree its your job as a forum mod (I've modded forums in the past, I know what being a mod constitutes) to step in and make sure we don't get our voices drowned out by all the morons who don't want to hear anything other than their own voices. I mean shit, we're part of the community just as much as they are but since our opinions were in the minority it was 3 of us giving logical reasons behind our views and just got hit with some bullshit answer or another with no support, it was 3 of us back to back just trying to say what was on our mind and we couldn't even fucking do that. Was that not what this post was for? Are debates not supposed to be 2 sided?

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 3

I am dissapointed in the way this has been handled by some of the members of the "community" that we are all supposed to be part of. In my opinion it doesn't matter that they changed the cans in the game, and yes I believe the developers should get the respect and credit they deserve, but the communities opinions should be welcomed and acknowledged whether they are negative or positve towards the change. If you are unhappy with some changes to a mod that you LOVE and you are part of community that prides itself upon community input and suggestions (alot of community suggestions have influenced the SA), why shouldn't you be able to voice your concerns and have a healthy discussion or debate about what plagues you? Is it fair that when you voice your opinion (which is as valid as another other community member) that you have people call you whiny brats etc.?

Any calm, well thought out and resonable arguements or opinions should be treated as an important part to this forum and community.

Afterall we are all here because we love and support the game.

Let's say that my grandma has wheels. :rolleyes:

You, great community contributor. Where were you, when the devs where working for the 3D models? When they announced that some of them are actually going to make it in the patch ?

And if you knew better, not a single mod asked for his 3D model to make it into game. They started for the lols.

Now i don't have a reddit account and i won't make one because reddit gives cancer. But if i had i would upvote that.

I've never contributed to these forums until really about a month ago is when I made my account. And I'm actually sorry that I haven't been looking closely at whats being done like everyone who plays this game should.I'd lurk but I've never really been actvie on here. But I will be now. I've actually been playing DayZ for a while (July) so please don't assume I've only been playing for a month and am now complaining because while I'm not active here I do love and play this game. I didn't even know they were making 3D models or you bet I probably would have said something.

Also keep in mind that I know it wasn't the Mods who asked for it and it was just a nice gesture from the Dev Team. If I keep saying "Mod" for some reason just please excuse that.

• Like 2

I've never contributed to these forums until really about a month ago is when I made my account. And I'm actually sorry that I haven't been looking closely at whats being done like everyone who plays this game should.

Then shut it. You don't deserve anything in here and you don't have requests.

• Like 2

There has been a large amount of people clearly upset by the recent patch. As a community project, it can be hard to decide what goes into and update and what doesn't - in the spirit of the project we decided to try something we thought would be a nice "salute" to our forum mods.

It would be fair to say, that this has backfired. As is the normal process for dealing with any controversial changes to a community based project, we'll be reverting those changes and allowing a discussion to occur regarding going forward with them.

i think u guys should change the heli spawns back to the way they were

Make them rare spawn Zombies that would drop the stuff, that would be cool if possible and would make it a fun diversion to just avoiding them all the time and give people a reason to venture into towns more often when further up the map.

• Like 1

This is exactly what I'm talking about, some arrogant prick thinks he matters more than other people.

• Like 4

In my opinion most of these cans just don't seem to fit well at all. The text on them is a bit funny but does it really belong in DayZ on something everyone will see, they don't even look like they're Russian products. Maybe on something like the tank statue in Cherno there could be a plaque that reads "Honored Survivors" with the first names(not forum name because they look silly) of the people that have worked on this mod but then there's the problem that there have been many others involved and made the community as a whole. You also can't forget the countless people who have put their money directly towards DayZ in the form of keeping those early servers running.

• Like 2

Hello there

Folk, discussions are good, even heated ones.

But let's keep it impersonal, please?

Rgds

LoK

I started the Reddit thread today and I can honestly say that I am sorry for any misinformation I or others in it had. More transparency prior to this would have cleared a lot of it up and saved the backlash.

I can also say thank you for listening and being willing to compromise going forward. I am looking forward to seeing what the community can come up with to resolve the issue.

But the Karma was worth it right? Nothing like a little righteous indignation to get up votes amiright?

Haha I'm just kidding. No one would do that. :)

Still I give you credit for showing up here and apologizing. You're forgiven, go play DayZ.

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy
  • Like 2

I think we have no right to remove (or ask for complete removal of ) the canned food items. If some insist that its an immersion braker to them, than lowering the loot spawn is probably fair enough, as winters already suggested. Now would it?

Just to make my stance Crystal Clear :

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/198fw0/for_the_first_time_i_am_disappointed_in_the_dayz/

Really ? your going to Tear the mods a new a**hole over the Item skins for Food ?

To those of you who say "it is a community mod, not the developers baby"... how many hours worth of free coding and bugfixes have YOU contributed ?

The fact that the Devs have decided to give some recognition to the people who have supported DayZ since day 1 is amazing.

Think of how many hours these people have put in.. for free, many of them before DayZ was even popular an to this day the Official forums has one of the most active and fair admin teams I have dealt with.

Today I saw what I though was a rational Gaming community turn on its most active supporters over CANS, I am disgusted.

.....how cute that you think I shouldn't have a say because I haven't been here as long as you. Cute in a angry little 5th grader thinking he is king of the elementary school kind of way.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 1

This is exactly what I'm talking about, some arrogant prick thinks he matters more than other people.

No i don't think i matter more. But when i see people that gave nothing, requesting things i feel like bashing them. And yes am arrogant to idiots. It's one of my fine skills. I have low tolerance for stupidity. Especially when it comes from people with their hands open, asking and demanding things without a valid reason.

.....how cute that you think I shouldn't have a say because I haven't been here as long as you. Cute in a angry little 5th grader thinking he is king of the elementary school way.

It's not about your time here. It's about what you give and offer.

Edited by Meik0

Just rejig the skins to make them look more pseudo Russian and bob's yer auntie. Immersion's back, everyone's happy. ('cept the poor bugger who's gotta retexture 'em all)

• Like 2

No i don't think i matter more. But when i see people that gave nothing, requesting things i feel like bashing them. And yes am arrogant to idiots. It's one of my fine skills. I have low tolerance for stupidity. Especially when it comes from people with their hands open, asking and demanding things without a valid reason.

It's not about your time here. It's about what you give and offer.

And what the actual fuck have you really done for the community?

• Like 1

Orlok said to keep it impersonal, but that is the most self-centered, arrogant, narcissistic post I've read in a long time and if you actually believe that, you are a fucking idiot and you are the one who truly deserves no say here.

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 6

Just rejig the skins to make them look more pseudo Russian and bob's yer auntie. Immersion's back, everyone's happy. ('cept the poor bugger who's gotta retexture 'em all)

Like I've been saying all along, if we could just change some of the more outlandish names and get a more Russian feel I would be happy, that and actually give Rocket some kind of tribute too since without him we wouldn't be here right now, I mean multiple artists already have models made from a while back that are amazing.

And what the actual fuck have you really done for the community?

For real ? Nothing. But i'm not demanding anything. I'm super happy with every patch with the downs and the ups of it. I'm not making an internet crusade to get through the mods and devs just because i don't like something. That's the difference between you and me. You demand i don't.

Orlok said to keep it impersonal, but that is the most self-centered, arrogant, narcissistic post I've read in a long time and if you actually believe that, you are a fucking idiot and you are the one who truly deserves no say here.

Yes i do believe it. And yes i'm an idiot. Now go back to reddit with the rest of the children.

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 1

I miss the days when devs just made the damn game/mod and didn't prick their ears up every time someone random whined about something.

• Like 1

For real ? Nothing. But i'm not demanding anything. I'm super happy with every patch with the downs and the ups of it. I'm not making an internet crusade to get through the mods and devs just because i don't like something. That's the difference between you and me. You demand i don't.

Yes i do believe it. And i'm an idiot. Now go back to reddit with the rest of the children.

Oh well since YOU'RE happy I guess NO ONE can disagree with what was added right? Meanwhile I'm sure if you disagreed you don't seem like the kind of person to hold back....

• Like 2