r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

reddit are going butthurt crazy over this like ridiculous and rude proving that reddit is indeed full of children and cod players.

Check out the comments here http://www.reddit.co...h_the_terrible/

But you also get rude pricks calling it a my little pony update or offensive swearwords with pony in them. They think that the makers of the mod put their names in the game when it was clearly a homage to the mod team. I really am disgusted at the negative nature of humans right now.

Edited by zsc0pe
  • Like 5

Lol some community project.. a bunch of couch monkeys on reddit are whining about the actual community members getting credit... then the people who RUN the project actually cave in to external pressures instead of sticking to their guns and giving credit where credit is due. Shit sandwiches all around lol.

• Like 5

I just dont see how this can be worse then 3 different kinds of food and water.

Hurray for variety, bring more pls and if people are getting all winded up because of the name of a can of food....

well, then you dont have a whole lot to do tbh. I cant see why people should get upset over names of food in a mod, just not worth the fuss.

I say, make more food and water. I love this. Its actually starting to feel like a real game now.

BTW its not unlikely the "russians" would have had such crazy names on theyre products hehe.

Grow a pair and see the big picture, you whiners XD

EDIT:

Ohh and pls dont remove it or start a pole or anything.

If people dont want it they can wait for SA or join in and start making codes for you guys. Its simple.

Dont get upset over variety, which is in no way gamechanging, only game enhancing....

Some people....

Also if you remove the items and start a poll, the community will demand same procedure with just about everything, that doesnt "fit" in the future, not good tbh.

It would only make it more difficult to move forward.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

reddit are going butthurt crazy over this like ridiculous and rude proving that reddit is indeed full of children and cod players.

What do you have against people who play CoD?

Lol some community project.. a bunch of couch monkeys on reddit are whining about the actual community members getting credit... then the people who RUN the project actually cave in to external pressures instead of sticking to their guns and giving credit where credit is due. Shit sandwiches all around lol.

The "actual" community is THE community, whether you are talking about forums, reddit, tunggle, opendayz, or whatever. The people who "run" the project is the community.

• Like 4

Oversaturating the game with a ton of new drink types with names of all of those who contribute is not the correct way to recognize the people who spend ridiculously amounts of their personal time to service the community. While weird item names don't bother me, it does break immersion for the people who do truly want to feel like they are in a realistic world that has been hit with a crisis (which is what Rocket set out to create anyways). Hell, I'd love to see maybe 2 or 3 extra drinks with the funky names, but 9 new drinks and 12 new food items with the weird names? It's just too much. The proper way to credit the hard working forum moderators and developers is to add their names to the splash screen that is displayed when starting up the mod.

Edited by A9821
  • Like 5

I have a problem with some of these reasonings for hating the new food stuffs. Let's go over some:

"It breaks the immersion"

Oh really? Something to show appreciation to people who work hard, and do these things in their free time, kills immersion? Zombies hitting through walls doesn't kill immersion? Only finding Coke, Pepsi, Pasta, and Beans in a whole country doesn't kill immersion? Breaking your leg from just standing next to a tree doesn't kill immersion? Being able to masterfully use ANY gun you come across doesn't break immersion? Having to reload an AXE doesn't break immersion? If these cans are the worst of your troubles, there's something wrong with your priorities. And don't say, "Well, the devs could've been fixing other stuff instead of adding these new food items", because they didn't do it. Some community members did the design, wrote the code, and gave it to the devs to implement.

"The mods don't deserve it, where's Dean's Beans?"

The mods absolutely do deserve it. They have to put up with everyone's bullshit every day. They spend their free time doing this, all for free. Let them have something. And I've heard people say put Easter Eggs in, stuff like graffiti on billboards and stuff. Well, that would break the immersion for me, since it won't be written in Russian, and who would write graffiti during a zombie apocalypse anyway? Immersion breaker, I must demand it be removed! (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

Yes, you guys get attacked, but you have to expect that. It's the internet. And on top of that, it's a forum.

It's a couple of cans, it does absolutely not hinder you in any way. Why the huge shitstorm? Like, seriously, I'm baffled :|

• Like 3

Well i got good news to those who liked the idea, balotabuddies.net will be applying the food items to our servers when we update, our community feels it's a welcome addition and look forward to finding the new loot.

I am welcoming everyone to come get whitelisted with us and enjoy our servers.

• Like 10

Oversaturating the game with a ton of new drink types with names of all of those who contribute is not the correct way to recognize the people who spend ridiculously amounts of their personal time to service the community. While weird item names don't bother me, it does break immersion for the people who do truly want to feel like they are in a realistic world that has been hit with a crisis (which is what Rocket set out to create anyways). Hell, I'd love to see maybe 2 or 3 extra drinks with the funky names, but 9 new drinks and 12 new food items with the weird names? It's just too much. The proper way to credit the hard working forum moderators and developers is to add their names to the splash screen that is displayed when starting up the mod.

Lol so you would rather have the mod splattered with credits and "commercials" for the creators, then some food and water with funny names.....

right........

Just look at Origins, does that look nice? no lol

This is an awsome way to pay tribute to the people helping and its also a "new" way, meaning this hasnt really been done before aswell (remember this is still just an experiment, nothin else lol)

Get off your high horse and create some new textures if your so pissed about this lol, i cant see your problem tbh.

Variety can only be a good thing in a mod like DayZ but you need to remember, this is still not a game. Its just a free mod, created as an experiment. Choose to play or leave, its very simple...

Well i got good news to those who liked the idea, balotabuddies.net will be applying the food items to our servers when we update, our community feels it's a welcome addition and look forward to finding the new loot.

Might be swinging by then :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 2

I have a problem with some of these reasonings for hating the new food stuffs. Let's go over some:

Oh really? Something to show appreciation to people who work hard, and do these things in their free time, kills immersion? Zombies hitting through walls doesn't kill immersion? Only finding Coke, Pepsi, Pasta, and Beans in a whole country doesn't kill immersion? Breaking your leg from just standing next to a tree doesn't kill immersion? Being able to masterfully use ANY gun you come across doesn't break immersion? Having to reload an AXE doesn't break immersion? If these cans are the worst of your troubles, there's something wrong with your priorities. And don't say, "Well, the devs could've been fixing other stuff instead of adding these new food items", because they didn't do it. Some community members did the design, wrote the code, and gave it to the devs to implement.

The mods absolutely do deserve it. They have to put up with everyone's bullshit every day. They spend their free time doing this, all for free. Let them have something. And I've heard people say put Easter Eggs in, stuff like graffiti on billboards and stuff. Well, that would break the immersion for me, since it won't be written in Russian, and who would write graffiti during a zombie apocalypse anyway? Immersion breaker, I must demand it be removed! (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

Yes, you guys get attacked, but you have to expect that. It's the internet. And on top of that, it's a forum.

It's a couple of cans, it does absolutely not hinder you in any way. Why the huge shitstorm? Like, seriously, I'm baffled :|

A couple of cans is a vast understatement. And you're kidding about the graffiti right? There will always be graffiti, even if the apocalypse hits how do you think people will mark their territory?

Welcome to the late show ladies and gentlemen I am David Letterman, here is our 10 features in DayZ that broke immersion for Redditors:

10. Having a knife you cant stab with.

9. Finding infinite amount of ammo, food and water bottles everywhere.

8. Not being able to fill a water bottle in a giant lake.

7. Being able to fix a pair of broken legs with a shot of morphine.

6. Being chased full sprint by Zombies until they come in doors.

5. Being able to use a keyboard to communicate with people.

4. Starting a fire with no kindle just a book of matches.

3. Being able to carry an engine block in your backpack.

2. Living after a gunshot wound to the chest as long as a non-licensed medical doctor administers a random blood bag that may or may not be your blood type to you.

And the #1 Reason Redditors believe immersion has been broken is.........................................

1. Weird names of the brands of food we find.

• Like 7

Lol so you would rather have the mod splattered with credits and "commercials" for the creators, then some food and water with funny names.....

right........

Just look at Origins, does that look nice? no lol

This is an awsome way to pay tribute to the people helping and its also a "new" way, meaning this hasnt really been done before aswell (remember this is still just an experiment, nothin else lol)

Get off your high horse and create some new textures if your so pissed about this lol, i cant see your problem tbh.

Variety can only be a good thing in a game like DayZ but you need to remember, this is still not a game. Its just a free mod, created as an experiment. Choose to play or leave, its very simple...

Might be swinging by then :)

There is nothing wrong with the amount of food now, it's food. It's not some critical mechanic that controls the entire game, you rarely even pay attention to it. I like having a few drinks and 1 rare drink and a few kinds of foods, we don't need more than 10 of each thing, theres no point.

Yay!! , good thing I am already Whitelisted on their servers, I will be playing tonight !!!

Who wants to team up on the AU server ? :) ( Come find me in their TS in 1-2 hours )

Good luck, I don't think this is the right response but I hope you guys enjoy it.

Choose to play or leave, its very simple...

That's pretty much the motto over at The WarZ. Instead of dealing with their problems or talking things over, they just tell people to leave.

Edited by Guidez
  • Like 2

Jeez who the fuck cares? Its a cool way to be able to say 'Thanks mods for managing the forums!' I would kill every innocent bambi to have my name on a can of beans or pasta or fried coconuts or whatever. More food sounds good to me too; I mean what happened to it all when this outbreak happened? It just vanished?

It kinda reminds me of the Fallout series. Dark and gloomy, all hope is gone kinda thing but with this humourous can of beans it just brightens the atmosphere.

• Like 1

Exactly what he said.

Stick to your guns, dev team. A little variety in food isn't gonna kill anyone or anything.

• Like 3

LOOOOOOOOOL

How can a name of a can be worse then all the other stuff you just mentioned Rhino?

Jeez, did you actually read the post before pressing post???

Edited by Byrgesen

Are people expecting food and drink to fill the streets of cherno ? :s

If i understand this right, there will be more variety, there for adding to the realism, Not more volume of consumables.

Even if this goes ahead i can not see it making any difference whatsoever. In fact I dare say 95% of players will not even notice who they are named after,

• Like 4

That's pretty much the motto over at The WarZ. Instead of dealing with their problems or talking things over, they just tell people to leave.

But the warz is a paying game, its very very very very very different..........

You cant compare a free mod to a paying game, when it comes to "play or leave", because its a whole other lvl of responsebility to the people who pay for it.

Edited by Byrgesen

Thank you everyone who supports the idea. We do listen to everyone, whether it seems like it or not. I like the new items, they don't feel out of place for me at all. It's just a name

• Like 4

What do you have against people who play CoD?

The "actual" community is THE community, whether you are talking about forums, reddit, tunggle, opendayz, or whatever. The people who "run" the project is the community.

What? Reddit members and players don't make the game. "community project" implies a community of developers and testers, not casual players who spend more time watching youtube vidoes and endlessly debating really F'ing pointless shit to do with the game instead of MAKING IT...

Trust me, even being a crappy member of a dev team means you have ZERO time to play or enjoy the game, and you have to work your tits off to all hours of the night in order to deliver something for OTHER people to play and enjoy...

And to top it off the cans ALL LOOK FINE.. it's MORE dif. loot.. why would ANYONE complain about that???

Well since you know all the rules about making mods and maps, you should totally never come back on here or post about dayz and make your own mod. It can be as realistic as you want it to be and you don't have to deal with the pesky changes that the people WHO ACTUALLY WORK on the game make...

How people are complaining about this but not the fact that you can drop waypoints on a map and run towards a magical arrow/distance marker in the sky is beyond me...

GPS up and running? No problem, Helicpoters crashing almost a year after "day z" and no worries what so ever... Zombies that can't run inside? Uncrossable bridges/damns? Hell till a couple weeks ago zombies didn't spawn much less attack you if you were in a vehicle... NO PROBLEM.

Put someone who's contributed to the game/community's name on a can that you have to strain your eyes to read... HELL FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Are people expecting food and drink to fill the streets of cherno ? :s

If i understand this right, there will be more variety, there for adding to the realism, Not more volume of consumables.

Even if this goes ahead i can not see it making any difference whatsoever. In fact I dare say 95% of players will not even notice who they are named after,

That's not the point, why bother messing with the loot tables and adding a bunch of new items just to thank the team, there are plenty of other options. Do we really need over 10 kinds of everything?

And to address people saying a few kinds of food isn't realistic, I've seen supermarkets in preperation for hurricanes. All the good stuff goes first so if you go in immediately after the event its always the same few items left that nobody wants. When the infection hit people clearly stocked up so it wouldn't be uncommon for the better food to be taken first, leaving what we find.

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 1

Jeez who the fuck cares? Its a cool way to be able to say 'Thanks mods for managing the forums!' I would kill every innocent bambi to have my name on a can of beans or pasta or fried coconuts or whatever. More food sounds good to me too; I mean what happened to it all when this outbreak happened? It just vanished?

It kinda reminds me of the Fallout series. Dark and gloomy, all hope is gone kinda thing but with this humourous can of beans it just brightens the atmosphere.

Time to change your avatar!

That's not the point, why bother messing with the loot tables and adding a bunch of new items just to thank the team, there are plenty of other options. Do we really need over 10 kinds of everything?

And to address people saying a few kinds of food is realistic, I've seen supermarkets in preperation for hurricanes. All the good stuff goes first so if you go in immediately after the event its always the same few items left that nobody wants. When the infection hit people clearly stocked up so it wouldn't be uncommon for the better food to be taken first, leaving what we find.

I see your point, but people would also keep dying all over, at a rapid speed, leaving all the food everywhere...

We can pretty much conclude that humanity didnt survive long here, people died all over with all kinds of gear with them and barely anyone made it away alive. Thoose who did have nothing. (us)

This would mean there would be all kinds of stuff scattered all over the world, even the good stuff, coz people died before they could use it.

Edited by Byrgesen

Thank you everyone who supports the idea. We do listen to everyone, whether it seems like it or not. I like the new items, they don't feel out of place for me at all. It's just a name

That's exactly it, the graphics don't seem out of place but the names do. DayZ has always had a serious, almost ominous air about it. Some of these names are Fallout level outlandish or approaching it, it just doesn't seem to fit in Chernarus.

• Like 2