griffinz

DayZ Update 1.5.6

In lieu of any dev post...

UPDATE : 8 MAY 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.5.6

* dayz_equip 1.2.3

Developer's Note:

* Vehicle readded (disappeared due to code error)

Changelog:

* [NEW] Zombies won't knock you down if you have nearly full blood pressure

* [NEW] Server will sometimes remove a partially used magazine on disconnect

* [NEW] Field Hospitals now lootable

* [NEW] Sound alerts added to construction

* [NEW] Military Pilot Zombies

* [NEW] Berezno has 300 new environment items

* [FIXED] Loot spawn taking alot longer than it should

* [FIXED] Force Save vehicle option contains %1 and not name

* [FIXED] Graphical glitches with Wire Fencing Kit and Wire Fence (sometimes)

* [FIXED] Zombies often spawning very close to other players (may still happen but now much less)

• Like 1

now players with m249 or mk48 who have 1/4 ammo in round its 50 or 25 bullets its despeared?

[FIXED] Loot spawn taking alot longer than it should

Thanks for this 1.5.5 gave close to no loot in a building that have over 10 spawn points, not even tin cans.

Some feedback on loot spawns would be good. Particularly if someone can verify that a building has re-spawned loot that they previously looted. I fixed the damn time sync'ing and now its screwed with the loot spawning. I reduced the buffer zone so now, hopefully, it works. Even if it does I'm going to be replacing the system with something more robust.

Also some feedback on the changes to the knockdown system would be really helpful. Thanks for putting the note up Griff, things were pretty busy rolling out to the servers.

no worries mate. Im in my final year of study so i have fuck all else to do

Some feedback on loot spawns would be good. Particularly if someone can verify that a building has re-spawned loot that they previously looted. I fixed the damn time sync'ing and now its screwed with the loot spawning. I reduced the buffer zone so now' date=' hopefully, it works. Even if it does I'm going to be replacing the system with something more robust.

Also some feedback on the changes to the knockdown system would be really helpful. Thanks for putting the note up Griff, things were pretty busy rolling out to the servers.

[/quote']

Checked this as soon as 1.5.6 went live on a server last night. can confirm that i looted a barn (no zombies around), came back to it about 10 mins later with one zombie and changed loot.

Some feedback on loot spawns would be good. Particularly if someone can verify that a building has re-spawned loot that they previously looted. I fixed the damn time sync'ing and now its screwed with the loot spawning. I reduced the buffer zone so now' date=' hopefully, it works. Even if it does I'm going to be replacing the system with something more robust.

[/quote']

Me and my cousin looted a large barn took 5 minutes to kill maybe 5 zombies. Few minutes later they spawned right on top of us 3 of them. Didn't check to see if loot had changed

I'm loving the new knockdown changes. I always hated how a single zombie could take me from full health to nothing just from a lucky knockdown strike.

Loot has been working fine, sometimes i get there and it has nothing but with-in 5-10 minutes if i hang around it spawns, theres still sometimes though a few spaces on the ground that don't have loot at all.

I don't know if that's meant to be the case in some buildings, but take NE airfield for example the easternmost hanger doesn't have a south west corner spawn and the one next to it doesn't have a north east or south west corner spawn inside of them. stayed there for around 30~ minutes and looted everything, and everything was respawning - although a strange thing happens when a covered up dead body appears as loot - the next loot cycles items seem to generate inside the graphics of the dead corpse. but its definetly working alot better then in 1.5.5.

Had no issues with my tent either, filled to the brim with food/water/meds/winchester/ammo - nothing has gone missing yet.

We've done some tests, and what we've got so far:

- vehicles are correctly saved and stay where they were even after 2 reboots, but i have to confirm if the gear put in the car stayed there and if the repairs were also kept.

- same for tents (gotta see if multi tents work still, we don't have enough tents).

- items spawn fine and respawn when previously looted

- since the update, we've got one knockdown from a zombie at high blood, i will try to get more informations on this.

- finally, don't know if it's related or have been fixed in a previous update, but went from survivor to bandit and from bandit to survivor without losing any gear.

However, i'd like to have more informations about the removal of partially used magazines.

How does it work ? The emptier the magazine is, the bigger the probability to be removed is ?

It's a good way to prevent people from go offline/online just to refill their ammo, but i'd hate to lose one entire clip just because i fired one shot.

- finally' date=' don't know if it's related or have been fixed in a previous update, but went from survivor to bandit and from bandit to survivor without losing any gear.[/quote']

This was working for me in 1.5.5 already, going both bandit and back to survival without losing anything

I dont know if its the servers or me, but every server ive tried joining, including the one right now, just sau=ys waiting for server response??

Logged off yesterday in a place I know well, logged intoday to find my self somewhere completely different and I don't have a clue where. This is going to be "tricky" to say the least heh

Well my tent disappeared on ANZ3, but I think this is due to issues its having at the moment. But just wondering... if tents do end up working and are permanent, what is going to happen in a month or so. I know they dont spawn all that often but it could end up littering the map with tents.

On loot:

Speaking as a passionate PvE explorer, I spent the better half of yesterday crying on mumble, about how no building is worth it anymore.

Enterable town buildings and (most) shed/farm buildings generates *buggerall* in 1.5.5, with rare exceptions - typically sodding tin cans!

Having played more after 1.5.6, i can confirm that this has indeed been fixed.

Suddenly spotting a barn brings back the feeling of finding food, winchester ammo and the odd mid-tier-weapon again.

Entering some of the better loot places (deer stands, castle) also more reliably produces things now, to a point where we actually ended up hitting the deer stands in the camp outside balota twice, which did indeed respawn (Exact time between spawns unknown, I lose track of it during my exploration).

As for the field hospital loot: It seems bountiful, actually. I never thought I'd use that word.

Several field hospital type tents outside of Chernogorsk contained *multiple* boxes of medical supplies, which probably makes them a very intense experience to crawl through in the future. After all, the tents make sniping less vital than creeping around with a shotgun - quite enjoy that one.

Perhaps the worst part about 1.5.5 however, was that the airfield towers and hangars refused to spawn weapons most of the time. One could get lucky and find an AK (I did) but good luck finding any ammo for it. That also appears to have been fixed, as three raids on the balota tower yielded a nice selection of weapons (and ammo) so obscure, I hadn't personally seen one of them (PDW what?).

We tested yesterday and it was fine, a shitload of AKM's though, but that's just because their loot percentage is kinda high, otherwise it was fine :) . No worries.

But rocket.

Please.

A quick request.

Get in touch with RoberHammer and replace the actual guns, or add ones ( especially pistols ) with RH counterparts. His weapons sounds godly, act godly, feel godly, looks gorgeous, and will, i think, add a ton to DayZ.

That was for the small request.

Because shooting with an AKM or a Makarov feels like shooting with a bad BB gun.

I'm still getting bad glitches from wire / tank traps. Specifically placed barbed wire now. I'll need to put some more things down. I haven't managed to find any barbed wire/tank trap loot yet as I've only just logged in this morning as for one reason or another i couldn't play on my preferred server last night.

I'll let you know if its just built items or the loot.

Edit: Its also barbed wire loot item. (which prior to 1.5.6 I didn't have a problem with)

no infinite ammo then anymore.. as much as i like it i hate it.

but it must be that way ;) good patch..

lets hope for less bandits that exploring gets easier..

What is the respawn time for loot at present?

Also I think the percentages need to change for certain loot items, both weapons and ammo should be much more sparse in urban areas but items such as hunting knifes (should be the easiest item to find) and other regular items such as matches and watches found more often - even to the point that you get sick of seeing them.

As it stands I've come across more rotor assemblies than matches, hunting knives, and maps put together - surely that can't be right...

no infinite ammo then anymore.. as much as i like it i hate it.

but it must be that way good patch..

lets hope for less bandits that exploring gets easier..

Returning to lobby IS NOT counted as a d/c. I'm sure you will understand where i'm going.

Returning to lobby IS NOT counted as a d/c. I'm sure you will understand where i'm going.

Erm, nope. Returning to lobby IS counted as disconnect by the game, but not by the server. So yes, going to lobby will trigger this.

[NEW] Server will sometimes remove a partially used magazine on disconnect

I really don't get this decision. Is this just a temporary fix for the infinite ammo bug, or do you really plan on keeping this as a feature?