Sign in to follow this  
griffinz

DayZ Update 1.5.6

It's a bug, relating to the latest patch

prevents people exploiting infinite ammo

Yeah, i kinda dislike the ammo update now.

I mean, i agree that it is good so that people can't exploit endless ammunition. But At this moment i'm using a SAW that has 200 bullets in a magazine. Sometimes i loose around 80 bullets cause i logged out before i wasted them. Kinda sucks for weapons with big magazines but yeah, it's good.

I keep getting waiting for server response.

Is it over subscribed?

Think that you're on a highway headed into a major city during commute. Everyone is trying to get there, and the traffic jams. That's more or less the idea, with so many peoples' characters being saved/loaded the server can sometimes cut out during high-traffic times of day, it's annoying as all hell but it's a fact of life. Try and get on during the early and late hours of the day, if you play this all the time like me, try and get on in the morning and stay on all day until you log, but that's more for the nolifes like myself.

I'm not sure if this has been said before, but:

I've started to lose one full clip for 1911 every time I connect to a server now. I've checked this by having two full clips in the inventory and reconnecting with just one. If anyone else has experienced something like this then maybe it's worth taking a look into?

Also as said before: At least the zombies respawn in less than 5 minutes. I emptied a house and went for a barn and after I came out from the barn there was a Zombie party in the house again and I wasn't invited. This COULD be overkill dangerous from time to time.

I think the loot and zombies respawn too fast. It only takes a couple of minutes. So by the time you are done looting the place, you go back and there's new loot and zombies. I don't want like half an hour delay before things respawn, but right now it seems to be like 5 minutes, which is too fast in my opinion.

I think the removal of a partially used magazine is clearly not a good idea the way it is now.

As i saw, you just have to shoot one bullet of a clip to have it removed when you disconnect, with the same probabilities as if the magazine was near empty.

So yeah, there's the problem with infinite ammo, but it's quite rage inducing to see the ammo you've been saving for later getting wasted becaus you had to kill one zed.

Also, will there be anything done to keep cheaters from ruining the game ? At this rate, it will become a plague if it isn't stopped.

People who go through 29/30 of one mag or so for each of their mags then relog still get to have ammo back, whereas people who have a legitimate kill with a pistol or so might end up losing a larger mag with this, though I've not quite experienced it yet as I haven't done much killing.

I lost a 4/5 mag and a pistol mag with 14/15 but I have fired like half of 2 AKM mags and it respawned.

Chances.

Yes, the chance aspect is bad. But as a quick fix it works while something more in depth like combining remaining rounds into a single mag type mechanic could be built. Not that such a thing is necessarily being worked on atm, but its possible.

Whats the ETA on the next patch? Not wanting to sound like a spoiled brat or anything I've just put off playing till the zombie bug is fixed as it kills my immersion. So starting to get a little antsy.

I believe rocket said he wouldn't be putting out any patches during the weekends unless there was something critical that needed fixing.

I'd like to point out that, if the server scrashes, vehicles and tents are NOT saved, as we've painfully experienced on the EU7 server. Lost a BAF Offroad full of stuff and several tents.

BTW, is there any way to do a rollback if this kind of crash happens ?

Hi

i have died twice now from crawler zombies being able to teleport through stairs.

its really annoying, can they not crawl up them?.

I think people's perception of the loot being broken is actually a side effect of rocket's overly aggressive anti-serverhop script that he put in place to keep people from hopping servers to get more loot.

Basically now when you log in it deletes zombies within a 200 meter radius, but it also deletes loot within a similar distance if there isn't another player nearby already logged in. If that criteria is met, it then bugs out the loot and sometimes the zombie spawns for very long spans of time.

Usually leaving that place free of players within a kms distance for ten minutes will clear all the loot piles, and then coming back will start the spawning scripts anew.

Have the devs said anything at all regarding the 'Waiting for server response' issue? So far I've just seen a ton of guessing and conjecture, but nothing ever linking back to the devs. Has it actually been confirmed to be a result of the Database server, and do we know what work is being done there?

If only the 'news' section of the mod site was actually used for something...

Have the devs said anything at all regarding the 'Waiting for server response' issue?

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Joining DayZ servers works the same way.

Are the crashed helicopters supposed to have loot - the grey burning ones? If they are, we've come across at least 4 wreckages and none of them had loot, only the options to 'Save' or 'Get in as gunner'.

Are the crashed helicopters supposed to have loot - the grey burning ones? If they are' date=' we've come across at least 4 wreckages and none of them had loot, only the option to 'Save' or 'Get in as gunner' option.

[/quote']

Yeah I've noticed that too. Coulda' sworn I read somewhere they were supposed to have loot..

Just played about 45 minutes and traveled thru 3 well known towns. Did not see one single zombie (50 player server, only 150 Zeds) and didn't find a single piece of loot.

That has never happened before :(

Just played about 45 minutes and traveled thru 3 well known towns. Did not see one single zombie (50 player server' date=' only 150 Zeds) and didn't find a single piece of loot.

That has never happened before :(

[/quote']

I believe that has something to do with the server itself, the server might need a restart for loot to be popping up again, and Z's to be appearing again.

I love how people keep going in circle here. Yes we all now know that 1.5.6 is bugged as hell, and that rocket is aware of the major problems. Is there anything else "wrong" with this patch?

I love how people keep going in circle here. Yes we all now know that 1.5.6 is bugged as hell' date=' and that rocket is aware of the major problems. Is there anything else "wrong" with this patch?

[/quote']

Gunshots through open doors don't seem to register, but that's old news.