Sign in to follow this  
griffinz

DayZ Update 1.5.6

Have there been any changes to tents in 1.5.6?

We lost all our content in our two 1.5.6 placed tents.

Tents seem to be still there though.

Also some feedback on the changes to the knockdown system would be really helpful.

I haven't really had experience with the new update, but I think it seems kinda soft. Maybe you could make it so they have a large chance to knock you down when they hit you from behind? Otherwise, it seem a bit too easy.

I have been having problems with the latest patch and not seeing any loot or zombies in towns that I walk into. I talked with other people on the server and they have been having the same problems.

Edit: it seems like backpacks don't despawn.

Edit2: Also you pick up the razor wire but you don't get it into your inventory? that's kind of shitty when you are trying to

get the placement correct. Also sandbags should be more common.

Edit3: Also repacking your tent puts it on the ground in front of you but it is impossible to pick it up into your inventory.

I have been having problems with the latest patch and not seeing any loot or zombies in towns that I walk into. I talked with other people on the server and they have been having the same problems.

Yeah, I've been having weird problems with spawning of loot and zombies too.

I too am getting people reporting loot not spawning, however this was on a server that was just setup with a new instance and only had about 2-3 players testing it. The fully populated servers were running okay.

Well my tent disappeared on ANZ3' date=' but I think this is due to issues its having at the moment. But just wondering... if tents do end up working and are permanent, what is going to happen in a month or so. I know they dont spawn all that often but it could end up littering the map with tents.

[/quote']

ANZ3 was er.... not really setup correctly (nothing was saving but we always knew why). this has since been fixed but we have decided for resource/money reasons we will not be running ANZ3 much anyway (if at all). To compensate, both ANZ1 & ANZ2 are at 50 slots now which is a nicer number anyway and is easier to allocated CPU's to.

[NEW] Server will sometimes remove a partially used magazine on disconnect

I really don't get this decision. Is this just a temporary fix for the infinite ammo bug' date=' or do you really plan on keeping this as a feature?

[/quote']

hopefully its just temporary

Certainly is a decent quick fix for the leave 1 bullet in a mag and abort bug. Though I'd rather see a combine mags type feature where you come back with as many shots as you started, instead of logging with 10 slugs and coming back in with 0.

loot not re-spawning at present, backpacks left behind when loot de-spawns...

While this is most likely a bug, the reduced zombie count (50-250 zombies as opposed to the 1000+ zombies in 1.5.5) is incredibly unfortunate and makes the game unplayably dull at times. Hopefully this will be fixed soon!

[NEW] Server will sometimes remove a partially used magazine on disconnect

I really don't get this decision. Is this just a temporary fix for the infinite ammo bug' date=' or do you really plan on keeping this as a feature?

[/quote']

hopefully its just temporary

As far as I see it this script can be avoided easily anyway.

I do think the reduced zombie count is a lot better... makes it a bit more realistic... you have to be careful, but you're not going to be ambushed by a spawning zombie

Zombie/Loot counts are dependent on server performance. If the server admins are not regularly restarting the server (every six hours) then the server will have difficulty spawning in.

HOWEVER.

Low zombie numbers are NOT an indicator of breaking, unless they are at 0. The server only spawns in what it needs.

How come all the servers are spawning such low amounts of zombies? past 5 servers I've been in have had 50-150. Or is this intended?

How come all the servers are spawning such low amounts of zombies? past 5 servers I've been in have had 50-150. Or is this intended?

i think it's dependent on how many are in the server. that seems a bit low from what i've seen today

Zombie are only spawning on loot piles. In a town with 4 or 5 loot piles, there will only be a few zombies. The game used to spawn a couple zombies PER BUILDING, loot or not, outside and roaming. Tested this in several areas on several servers. w Now, they just sit in the spot they spawned, and only on a loot point. But not every loot point. Loot seems to be spawning fine. ZZzzZzZzzzzz...

all the roaming zed (walkers and hoppers) are absent - only stationary zeds are in attendance in 1.5.6..

Sandbags should be more plentiful methinks, no? 0.37% is very low.

all the roaming zed (walkers and hoppers) are absent - only stationary zeds are in attendance in 1.5.6..

I also verified this to be true. Hopefully we can get a hotfix soon!

I also verified this to be true. Hopefully we can get a hotfix soon!

I see them all the time. No idea what your talking about.

Just been in UK3 from server start for about 4 hours -

At first the loot was perfect - no bugs or anything, everything was respawning in on time.

Zombie count was around 500-600 sometimes peaking at 800.

Same player count 3 hours later -

No loot was spawning, only backpacks. Sometimes~ a few items but if you looted them nothing replaced them (Confirmed by waiting 50 minutes near airfield)

Zombie count dropped to 130~ and gradually dropped to 30~

ran through several towns and villages trying to spawn zombies in - No sucess only zombies that were present were ones already spawned in places prior to me getting there - if killed they didn't respawn.

4 Hours into the game everything was desolate. only backpacks were found, 20~ zombies when we had people in Elek/Chern/Berez/Staroye/Msta all confirmed to only have backpacks in loot places.

Sorry but it looks like the no loot issue only worked for the 1st day after the update, it seems to be getting worse and worse and happening more frequently after the update (kinda like 1.5.5)

From what i've seen yesterday it took like 6-8 hours for the loot bug, now its taking like 3-4 hours...

Post bugs in the bug report forum, in the correct format

Post bugs in the bug report forum' date=' in the correct format

[/quote']

If you were reffering to me i just post in here because i don't really call them bugs? as such.... more of an update issue - hence everything being wrapped up to being posted in this section.