Sign in to follow this  
MrSliff

Too hard since 1.7.5.1

MAKE IT HARDER!!!!!!

Seriously,like infected that do not claw at you but instead try to get you on floor and hold you there while they try to eat you.

MAKE IT HARDER!!!!!!

Seriously,like infected that do not claw at you but instead try to get you on floor and hold you there while they try to eat you.

I always thought they should interchange. Clawing would take down blood and biting would get you infected, and maybe we see some amputees running around now? But anyway, I was kinda like "When they are hungry, they should try and eat you, and when they just ate (someone else) they should ignore you." So then they try and kill you to eat you, or just try to eat you alive.

And stuff.

I always thought they should interchange. Clawing would take down blood and biting would get you infected, and maybe we see some amputees running around now? But anyway, I was kinda like "When they are hungry, they should try and eat you, and when they just ate (someone else) they should ignore you." So then they try and kill you to eat you, or just try to eat you alive.

And stuff.

Sure, you go ahead and do the animations ;) Can't just pullt hem out of a hat. We'll see them in SA, until then noone's bothering with skeleton animation.

Just what we need another cry baby, this game is so full of noobs that think zombies are hard lol, its been ages since i died from a zombie, and i didint die once since the new patch came. Zombies are still so easy to loose and deal with it so when the standalone is out i think you guys will start to play carebear online or someting because the game will have real menacing zombies.

Sure, you go ahead and do the animations ;) Can't just pullt hem out of a hat. We'll see them in SA, until then noone's bothering with skeleton animation.

I don't want them to waste any time on the mod right now, until the SA was released. I'd say to put off all support for the mod until the SA, IF we had a release date for the alpha. but we don't, so..

I'd say to put off all support for the mod until the SA, IF we had a release date for the alpha. but we don't, so..

Well, the mod is maintained by people not involved in SA development (afaik), so... We can go nuts on whatever we want as long as it fits into DayZ, just a question of who will actually do the work.

Doesn't help that anytime I try to start something, making plans for implementation and 3d models / textures and whatnot, the thread gets buried between suggestions that we've already seen half a year ago and dreams about the SA.

The new patch is NOT too difficult, rather something that needs a full hot-fix to curve around the pot-holes in it's release.

Next, if there were to be a true zombie-apocalypse, nobody with their right mind would shoot a fire-arm in a city/urban area. Silencers are your friend.

This patch was created to allow for a more realistic and more suspenseful experience through DayZ. I am actually happy zombies are a THREAT, though I am not a big fan of some of the spawn-bugs I see from them.

Like I said, a hot-fix and some experience later, it's going to feel like a DayZ once more, except much more threatening.

Surprised people are freaked out so much about this. Losing zombies is still incredibly easy in forests or through buildings, and you can massacre legions of them with a hatchet. The only adjustment I've made is prioritizing a hatchet as a swappable weapon. Way, WAY too much crying over the changes.

By the tone of the board, you would think they were running indoors. When that day comes, we can talk. Until then, get a grip everyone. DayZ zombies are still pushovers.

Edited by Sackwhich

Imo this mod is still too easy, make it harder please :)

In a real zombie apocalyspe most people would be terrified to even go into a town filled with zombies let alone shoot a gun there.

Zombies that fucking terrifying would inprove the game even more.

1.7.5.1 is a step in the right direction

:)

You wanna talk about in a real zombie apocalypse? Alright.

In a real zombie apocalypse, the zombies wouldn't walk through the walls and make me break my legs after hitting me in the torso from 5m away.

In a real zombie apocalypse, I wouldn't be able to survive off of just drinking soda.

In a real zombie apocalypse, there would be zombies in the forest, not just in the towns.

In a real zombie apocalypse, there wouldn't be different loot everytime you leave and re-enter an area.

In a real zombie apocalypse, not everyone would know how to use military grade weaponry, especially a .50.

In a real zombie apocalypse, you most likely would not wash up on the shore and immediately know what's going on.

In a real zombie apocalypse, not everybody would know how to repair and fly helicopters and repair cars.

In a real zombie apocalypse, a broken windshield on a helicopter would not make it lose fuel.

In a real zombie apocalypse, my eyes would adjust to nightime, and it would never be absolutely 100% pitch black out. Never has been for me, never will be IRL.

I could go on and on...

Edited by Masterfocker

Look, zombie AI is the easiest thing in the world. They don't have "tactics". They don't use "strategy". They just wander around aimlessly until something grabs their attention. Then they should go apeshit and try to kill it. The only variables are how many zombies and how frequently they respawn. I like that there are more of them, they spawn while you are in a vehicle and can get you in the car. A swarm of zombies descending on some idiot firing at me in Cherno has save my ass a couple of times.

But the warping, glitching and smashing through walls are bugs, plain and simple. Zombies randomly going agro and making a bee-line for me from 300 m away when I'm crawling and under cover is a bug too.

I don't mind more aggressive zombies and more of them. I just don't want them literally appearing out of the woodwork.

Zombies were buggy but bearable in 1.7.4. They are not harder now, just broken.

Side note: The carebears who sit in forests collecting firewood and "surviving" love this patch because it makes no difference to them, but just makes it harder for the organised squads who utilise both air & land vehicles. I will never understand why devs do not concentrate on fixing the multitude of bugs instead of spending that time adding useless gimmicky nonsense.

• Like 3

I would have preferred if a lot of these major changes were implemented gradually over the last 6 months. Which would have also allowed time to tweak them or fix new bugs introduced. Instead we are slapped in the face with a ton of things at once.

Regardless, this is still my #1 game.

Edited by SteveLord

You really can't make them any harder right now other than just making them stupidly, unnecessarily, hard, which isn't necessary. Will any of the zombie AI stuff ever be fixed? I think thats what really needs to be looked at as much as possible. The warping, the zig zagging, the glitchyness. Fix that and tweak the current aspects of them and I think I'd certainly be more satisfied with the zombies in general.

I think people are getting "zombies being harder" mixed up with zombies becoming buggier than normal.

If the zombies worked properly then I would have no problem with them being harder, but the fact is they are buggy and all this patch has done is make it more of a grind to work around the bugs rather than add a new challenge.

There's more grind than fun now which means the balance is out of whack.

Edited by nutshot

I think people are getting "zombies being harder" mixed up with zombies becoming buggier than normal.

If the zombies worked properly then I would have no problem with them being harder, but the fact is they are buggy and all this patch has done is make it more of a grind to work around the bugs rather than add a new challenge.

There's more grind than fun now which means the balance is out of whack.

I'm a bit confused over the glitchy part. Sure, they aren't perfect, but this game is a mod. You really can't ask for much more than what we have.

How many times have you been in a treeline scoping a city when you hear gunshots? And yet the zombies that are closer to the gunshots than you are continue to wander around seemingly deaf. This had to change.

If you can hear the gunshot, the zombies should. And upon hearing a shot they should investigate (though i don't necessarily think that they should aggro)

Makes sense to me.

• Like 2

Nothing changes, you can still shoot an Enfield in the middle of the Elektro unless you're so dumb that you let yourself get cornered in a single-entrance building/room. Pressing W is not hard. Hell, it makes the game easier, I can camp on a roof and the zombie swarm beneath me protects me from anyone who tries to sneak up.

Zombies inside buildings or a swarm guarding a corpse are an annoyance, but hardly make it 'hard'. Learn to press your W key, stop shooting them and be fast with looting, and enjoy looting the entire city in a fraction of the time it took you before.

I think people forget how loud weapons are in RL. A pistol shot is easily heard well beyond 150m, so why should zombies not swarm to your location?

This ^

At home I can hear the guards at a airbase 4 miles away practicing with their pistols, same for all the local farmers with their shotguns.

This ^

At home I can hear the guards at a airbase 4 miles away practicing with their pistols, same for all the local farmers with their shotguns.

That's what you think you hear - How do you know the farmers aren't actually storming the airbase while the guards defend themselves? Eh?

I don't think the game is too hard now - it's just about right. Shooting a rifle in a zombie-infested city should be a suicide note. But yeah, them glitches. Not good.

Should be fixed by SA.

• Like 1

The walking trough walls is an ArmA glitch. I've had guys running trough walls on their own will.. They don't even open doors, they just run right thru.

shit Mrstiff, you oughta loosen up cos shit just got real on yo pussy ass.

All y'all who is startin' to find zeds more of a minor inconvenience right now, you been spoiled. I know what y'all is thinkin' now, y'all sayin - 'Wabbit, you been spoiled too man, why you not weepin' and bitchin' an' cryin' like the rest of us pussy assed pieces o' shiiiieeeeeeeeeaaat?'

yo sayin' no more 5 minute gearing up runs QQ

no more taking potshots in the city QQ

zombies spawn even when i'm in a car, and they hit my ass through a broken window now? really? QQ

You mean i gotta boil ma water??? QQ

You mean to say we gotta engage our brains? figure shit out? kinda use stealth and guile and like take our time wi' shit? QQ

Shiiiieeeeeeeeeaaat! i'm laughin' cos you is cryin'. i know who hates this patch an' why you hate it, an' that shit fills ma heart wi' joy.

Edited by wabbit
  • Like 2