joe_mcentire

Huge Structures in DayZ SA

hahaha 1) - 8) +1

9) "that escalated quickly" ;)

And because there is no light it should be really easy to get lost in these tunnels and to find loot. The new loot spawning system would increase the difficulty aswell.

here take one can of beans, you deserve it!

How about a convoy of jeeps BRDM and medical vehicles who got stuck on a dirt road in a thick forest or marsh/swamp and got overun by zombies.

see pic: http://st.gdefon.ru/wallpapers_original/wallpapers/392505_stalker_boloto_zil_chelovek_1920x1200_%28www.GdeFon.ru%29.jpg

Or a overgrown abandoned Vilage in the swamps

see pic http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120204213037/stalker/images/6/68/CS_marsh_church_south.jpg

There could also be some small manmade caves around the marsh and swamps

see pic http://images4.alphacoders.com/296/296338.jpg

i'm kinda curious, as Dean and his team promised some huge structures which ones we're going to see? maybe a glimpse by the next two updates...

well i know it's old but hej...

what do you guys think of that?

1zdt9tz.jpg

one fine grand manor on a little island in the middle of a lake

Edited by joe_mcentire

Home fallout shelters, both standing and underground styles.

I am surprised reading through this that there was only one mention of this and even that was a brief and loose mention.

I don't know much about much about Eastern Europe but I know that there are plenty of people in the states, and not just hicks/rednecks, that have built or bought fallout shelters, generally in their backyard, and keep them stocked.

I would love to find even just one tool shed in a back yard with a 'trap' door style ladder down to a small shelter.

You could find some canned food, a water tank that could function like well pumps to refill, civ weapons, Flashlight, lantern if they add one, batteries if they add them as a feature, particle masks, civ medical supplies, tents?

What do you guys think?

Edit:

I lost sight of the OP topic 'Huge Structures'

That was my mistake, I will Post this as an independent suggestion

Edited by GBTP
  • Like 1

I am surprised reading through this that there was only one mention of this and even that was a brief and loose mention.

I don't know much about much about Eastern Europe but I know that there are plenty of people in the states, and not just hicks/rednecks, that have built or bought fallout shelters, generally in their backyard, and keep them stocked.

I would love to find even just one tool shed in a back yard with a 'trap' door style ladder down to a small shelter.

You could find some canned food, a water tank that could function like well pumps to refill, civ weapons, Flashlight, lantern if they add one, batteries if they add them as a feature, particle masks, civ medical supplies, tents?

What do you guys think?

Edit:

in combination with the grand manor absolutely!

• Like 1

What do you guys think?

Edit:

We have lot's of air-raid shelters left over from WW2 when Germany bombed the shit out of us. They're awesome. My nan had one in her garden and they're dotted all over the UK near schools, hospitals etc, mostly they've been sealed off though. I'm sure the rest of Europe has them to because most of it was bombed at some point.

Regarding Doomsday prepping I do have a feeling that's pretty unique to the US. Don't get me wrong, Europe has lot's of survivalists etc and I'm sure some have built bunkers but it seems to have been taken to a whole new level in the US. I wonder if it stemmed from the cold war and the paranoia about a nuclear attack?

Edited by Fraggle

what if soviets took and hid the Amber Room somewhere in Chernarus

308wguo.jpg

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

What do you guys think?

Edit:

I've played arma 2 ew and

at the end your going to a fallout shelter in Utes because of the nukes, so Utes will hopefully have a fallout shelter

Treehouses. Seriously, how many people look up at trees? Hide your gear up there, have a ladder. Very easy and simple to implement and would be awesomely fun. Also doubles up as a watchtower!!!

• Like 2

well...so how huge do you want your treehouses then :huh: ?!

;)

edit:

but tbh i think "just" to climb on a tree would be much!

Edited by joe_mcentire

A cliched dilapidated mansion on a hill at the end of a snaking path, lit by lightning. Or just the cabin from Amityville or The evil dead so i can troll people from the basement.

• Like 1

Treehouses would be nice, not necessarily a 'house', but some kind of tree tent where you could rest and place your loot, there's a bunch of pictures of it on google.

You should suggest this, Farkinoob.

Edited by icrush

so did you see the new structures from here:

cherno got for example that huge building (in fact its the same hotel, i thought it was a newer bigger one) with a crashed airplane

Edited by joe_mcentire

A huge rundown circus?

Not sure if this type of thing was suggested, but how about a nice large carnival type of area where food stuffed with preservatives and such are bountiful. Bagged cotton candy, canned water, etc. It'd also be a good place to find melee weapons such as sledgehammers and what not, or even tool kits that were used in the past on the rides and attractions.

Hell. Get a clown suit, go griefing with it.

I'm sure you've also got this covered, or at least thought about it, but how about hospitals with several floors and such? I'd love to enter a hospital with patient rooms, X-ray rooms, a morgue maybe, etc. Just some type of vast environment like that instead of the usual store-front window type of hospitals we see in this version of DayZ. When I raid a hospital, I want to be turning the place upside down, looking through cabinets and supply rooms for what I need, or looting a doctor's corpse for medical tools, not break a single window, reach a hand in a random box and find EVERYTHING I WILL EVER NEED.

• Like 1

regarding Cherno

hmm you are right...it seemed so big in this vid ...maybe because of the plane...nevertheless cherno could need some more buildings in its center. i like the new surrounding suburbs, but it somehow doesn't make so much sense that the city has so much empty spaces and outside there are the huge apartement-complexes.

i guess this calls for a

revive Cherno

suggestion

Edited by joe_mcentire

A huge rundown circus?

Not sure if this type of thing was suggested, but how about a nice large carnival type of area where food stuffed with preservatives and such are bountiful. Bagged cotton candy, canned water, etc. It'd also be a good place to find melee weapons such as sledgehammers and what not, or even tool kits that were used in the past on the rides and attractions.

Hell. Get a clown suit, go griefing with it.

I'm sure you've also got this covered, or at least thought about it, but how about hospitals with several floors and such? I'd love to enter a hospital with patient rooms, X-ray rooms, a morgue maybe, etc. Just some type of vast environment like that instead of the usual store-front window type of hospitals we see in this version of DayZ. When I raid a hospital, I want to be turning the place upside down, looking through cabinets and supply rooms for what I need, or looting a doctor's corpse for medical tools, not break a single window, reach a hand in a random box and find EVERYTHING I WILL EVER NEED.

Oh man how cool it would be exploring a big abondoned circus or even whole funfair. I can imagine so many terrifying things they could do with it. Like cages with rotten corpses of starved circus animals inside, zombies in clown costumes, abandoned amusement rides. The people of Chernarus could really need a place to have fun.

• Like 1

how about:

2preiok.jpg346rxft.jpg

263bziw.jpg2nbblh2.jpgjtuq8n.jpg

a submarine base and it would fit perfectly!

Edited by joe_mcentire

Oh man how cool it would be exploring a big abondoned circus or even whole funfair. I can imagine so many terrifying things they could do with it. Like cages with rotten corpses of starved circus animals inside, zombies in clown costumes, abandoned amusement rides. The people of Chernarus could really need a place to have fun.

has been suggested before but I love the idea ( clowns are freaking scary)

have some :beans:

what if soviets took and hid the Amber Room somewhere in Chernarus

308wguo.jpg

I have searched for it in some of your fucking cold mountain lakes....and you tell me the soviets took it to Chernarus :(

just an idea:

i just want to see more "Life" as odd as it sounds ;) in cherno and electro at least. they are the major "cities" in that region. and they should have at least the basic stuff like church, graveyards, gas stations, supermarktes, bars etc... They already have most of these...but it is too less! As we've seen they added already more to cherno. i really would like to see/know what they exactly added.

Then i think the both should get a noticeable character. Elektro as real blue-collar town. Not a very nice place to be, dirty, harsh, many bars, even with a red light milieu. Home of SK Dynamo Elektrozavodsk, the local football team, which has a run-down sports ground.

Whereas Cherno should have more style. Nice inner city with a little touch of internationality. A huge supermarket with cafe's and restaurants nearby. Known for its prestigious Pier at the east-end of town. The Promenade along the harbor housing the many little fishmongers and other little houses and bars.

etc... etc...