griffinz

DayZ Devblog 4th February 2013

I have to agree for motion blur off.

May be it would be more convinient to do the audio commentary after you've shot all the gameplay video.However i do want to see those community pictures :)

Could you also confirm if you have changed the general movement of the player (more like arma 3 than arma 2)?

Otherwise it's a day 1 buy for me, Great work!!!

Edited by Kaibz
  • Like 4

Watched it about 5 times already, I think now I'm just pretending thats me playing in first person ;)

looks awesome but stop please games devs putting blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in everygame ! everybody just disables it if they can anyway.

cant wait for it to come out hopeful headbob and like can be disabled aswell or youll end up seasick

Edited by dgeesio

Question:

Anyone got an addrees to send beer and hookers?

Thanks!

Edited by opethZ

so who is going to be the first to do a "breakdown" of the video and upload it, finding all those little hidden gems of info?

I know a few feel its pointless and meaning less adding stats like time alive but I’d really enjoy knowing your character life span. And I would even enjoy if I got shot the other guy could see how many hours/days I’d lasted and how many kills I’d got.

How about a in game Diary or Note pad, so when you kill someone you can read it off their body with the stats.

i actually had thought that we would get the chernarus world from the ACR(army of the czech republic) add on, as that would have given us more ground to (dis)cover,

but i think utes is nice as an extra piece of real estate.

(still hoping though....)

love what has been done to the loot spawn and wrecks

If DayZ Alpha is out and you find a Hacker, then you know Rocket is playing. :D :D :D

N1 Rocket! Hopefully there will be more Videos soon.

Vehicle Costumize, Zombie look & movement, Inventory Design..and so on and on

looks awesome but stop please games devs putting blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr in everygame ! everybody just disables it if they can anyway.

cant wait for it to come out hopeful headbob and like can be disabled aswell or youll end up seasick

Blur is for improving performance, fps. Without blur, when fast moving, turning around, fps drops. It must be balanced for more machines. However, I'm affraid how it will be works, with that many detailed buildings.

Can someone please tell me what is the game that apparently Rocket is being inspired for the new inventory? This video made me damn curious about it.

EDIT: nevermind, just found it: Jagged Alliance

Edited by Reverie

Just sprinted down the hall; no perceptible head bob, certainly no blurring. Either my head is bobbing so little that it's irellevant, or my brain has developed to filter out the motion.

It's the brain. Vision is very much a learned ability. The brain will compensate and actually fill in what it believes should be in the FOV

To the Dev team... keep up the good work, keep those updates coming

The fact that this video basically its pre alpha footage since we will be buying the alpha speaks volumes. Simply amazing improvement...and just imagine all the additions we will see once contents additions start ramping up during the first year or so: new function, new items, new locations, new mocaps, etc! The possibilities are endless:lol:

• Like 2

Can't get why people are so excited after seing the video...

Why do people post when they have nothing to say?

• Like 3

Blur is for improving performance, fps. Without blur, when fast moving, turning around, fps drops. It must be balanced for more machines. However, I'm affraid how it will be works, with that many detailed buildings.

That's not true. Motion Blur is a post processing effect that if it affacts performance at all would decrease performance as it needs extra computational power. All it does (for people that actually can stand having it enabled) is hiding the screen tearing (screen appears to be ripped to two or three parts along one or two horizontal lines) that you see on most LCD/TFT Monitors when the picture is moving fast to the left or right.

It's legitimate question, you have problem with that?

I dont see anything exciting in this video either.

I salute your first post attitude. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Rick Leone

Because it gives us a great idea of how the game will be playing. and it looks amazing !

Well I personally didn't see anything I haven't already seen/knew from Q&A's and screenshots, so...

Why do people post when they have nothing to say?

Ah well, look through first page of this topic - very informative responses. I reckon if I'd post something like "yay it's here, finally, bla-bla-bla", then you'd consider it as me having something to say, right?

It's not my first post. ;)

Just dealing with mods that cant ban properly.

Brilliant. I'm quite impressed.

Just curious, can people which are excited how awesome it is be more specific?

Graphics? I've seen better looking games in 2000's

Switching clothes? please...

Please enlighten me.

Well, it's awesome cause it's DayZ. Not cause of graphics, or clothes, etc., etc. It's the game itself.

But regarding the video - again I didn't see anything that would excite me. All it gave was the usual feeling "will need to wait some more undefined amount of time until the release".