mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Am I the only one who enjoys the new way in the update that zeds can just swarm you in a room, leaving you to fight it out to the last? Makes it seem more like there's more than 10 zeds in Cherno.

You mean enter a building with only on exit, fire a bullet and die unless you have s ton of ammo? I aggroed a bunch of zeds drinking a can of coke in a house ffs me thinks tis a bit OTT and I'm not even starting on the new and improved zed glitchyness...stairs,walls,floors....the 4th dimension, theres a challenge then theres poorly implements game mechanics..or if you're gonna have this way at least try and balance it with workable melee, or escape mechanisms, like the ability to barge passed a zed or something.

Yes 10 zeds in Cherno is somewhat believeable, zombie horde turning uo at log cabin when you fire a Macarov clip is muh.

I'll adapt though, I just won't go in buildings with one exit unless my bags are filled with ammo....

• Like 2

What is the range for logging out near players?

Next to players 6 meters

Next to zed current 50 meters

• Like 1

No it doesent.

Arma2 does not have zombies and bambi's does it?

The quicker the better you tree hugging survivalists realise DayZ exploded because of the pvp not singing cumbya around camp fires the better for YOU! And to those suggesting Wasteland ROFL! It dosent even come close to DayZ and the trill of hunting a bambi to their death :thumbsup:

And the thrill of being hunted, without Pvp, there is no game here really

Some nice adjustments I guess, but I think the zeds spawning on the loot and respawning so fast really wasnt tested by the community devs. they have to slow the zeds way way down for this new swarming, long armed, and axe immune zeds they have.

I played for a few last night with a new char and new server, and I almost never got to axe kill a z without getting swatted. Every time I pulled the trigger on the axe, my guy would freeze, the zed would spin arround and get his free hit on me, then I would take my shot to kill him.

Next to players 6 meters

Next to zed current 50 meters

Can do so. When a player goes out, the zombies come out, too. And when a player returns (he may return on a different server), the zombies continue to chase after him. Just to add to the database parameter that indicates the number of zombies, who are pursuing the player.

Dayze - this is your story. But you should be able to read it later this exciting book. However, when you come back to it, it will continue from the same place and you can not escape the unpleasant paragraphs.

Ban to logout when there is pvp - is one thing, but PvE - is another. PvE to be difficult, but still it is not pvp and a bit of comfort can afford.

how you like this idea?

Edited by Griffon

Maybe to avoid freaking combat log?

People combat log 10 meters away from a player? No, they don't... Useless and annoying feature

People combat log 10 meters away from a player? No, they don't... Useless and annoying feature

Looks like you never sneak up behind people with a hatchet.....

• Like 1

The log out timer is just ridiculous, it needs to go or be changed to 15 seconds. I swear that it counts time unevenly (even on an empty server with 60 FPS), also seconds are long as hell you can count 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi then the timer will be a 29 seconds.

• Like 2

Only played new version for about an hour but impressed with new zombies in as much as you don't have to be as sneaky; in the past it was very much like they had super sight or something similar. I've wandered in and amongst them with no aggro at all.

I also like how a few bullet shots, or even throwing empty glass bottles will eventually make loads of zombies swarm on an area. I did a few tests with empty whiskey bottles earlier and about fifteen zombies came to the location. I also had around twenty zombies swarm my location when I fired off five or so Winchester shots. On the flip-side to this is that you can loose them better when running through houses and other architecture.

Not really played it that much, but the zombie changes have been improvements to me, except for the obvious walking and attacking through walls nonsense that we all encounter.

Edited by Mr Mouse

The log out timer is just ridiculous, it needs to go or be changed to 15 seconds. I swear that it counts time unevenly (even on an empty server with 60 FPS), also seconds are long as hell you can count 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi then the timer will be a 29 seconds.

I just timed it and it took 1:40 to count down from 30 seconds. It's not even close :/

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3

Am I the only one who enjoys the new way in the update that zeds can just swarm you in a room, leaving you to fight it out to the last? Makes it seem more like there's more than 10 zeds in Cherno.

I have to agree with you. I want Zeds to be more of a threat rather than an annoyance. Maybe increase speed enough for them to keep close to you or something...

• Like 1

This has been posted about 500 times its a bug the current timer is 90 secs it should be 30.

I have to agree with you. I want Zeds to be more of a threat rather than an annoyance. Maybe increase speed enough for them to keep close to you or something...

Nice. I would like to see zombies stop chasing players after 500 meters or so then despawn after 10 seconds.

• Like 1

you guys need to learn to change your (bad) habits. if you don't like the log out timer, don't log out around zeds

players cried and cried for solutions to combat logging issues, specifically asking for features like a log out timer, and now everyone's dumbfounded like "why's there a log out timer? :blink:"

I thought I'd try to make a video for noobs showing how to survive as a new spawn with 1.7.5.1, so I played late last night on a server I'd never played on before (it's recruit, but it had daylight and a good ping for me, so...)

But, after easily kitting up in Cherno (everything except a gun and a compass), I headed to Elektro. Found an M1911 and decided to have some fun. Went into the field outside the super and fired the M1911 in the air. Killed the resulting aggro with a hatchet. Went to the center of town and did the same thing. The following short video shows the aftermath.

Did the hotfix go into effect?

http://youtu.be/jUfgOb1WG4k

Edited by entspeak

For me, combat log is ok. You just need to kill zeds chasing you and find safe place. This is realistic. If you are near other player - talk with him or kill him - that's easy. However, countdown after doing some basic action is low in my opinion.

*Lee Enfield shots in the room*

Everyone put their hands against the wall, with their backs to the center of the room. This is a Bacon Raid!

Awesome! :D

Something I remembered, but has anyone had problems bringing out the hatchet since the patch? In a pinch I want to bring it out for zombie killing, dropping my gun and then using that, but last night it just wouldn't switch until I spammed the button to remove it till it finally started to work. Was very annoying when you got 20 zombies crawling up the stairs lol

*EDIT*

Working fine today, i think the zombie swarm that was causing lag was messing things up.

Also, I just wanted to see if it was possible, but can zombies be slowed down a tad? I'm not talking shamblers at all, but like just a notch below survivors. Like its been said about easy it is to get swarmed and chased and not be able to lose them, especially if you have alot, (And they are buggy as freaking hell), this way it could give someone the chance to actually outrun them. I mean, if we are looking at them in the realistic way that they are crazy infected, they are humans still and after not being normal people for a certain length of time would be worse off than a well fed survivor. They can run, but they don't have the strength for the full speed run. You'd still have to be careful about pulling a train of them in the city if you ever want to loot anything, but to me this makes sense.

Edited by Maxgor

Not sure if bug or not... or just me

I was running around and a little bird hovered low over me... i put the M14 sights on the little bird and i heard the pilot in TeamSpeak wonder why he went into combat... Even though I didnt shoot... just bring it up if not done already.

Edited by Gooober
  • Like 1

Ha, really? No idea how you reached this post. I love bandits, without them the game would be dry as hell. Some servers I used to play that had a really active side chat were just absoloutely lifeless. Would meet people without even as much as a raised voice of concern. I end up hunting people from time to time too.

Still doesnt mean the game should ever be directed towards it. Its a zombie survival mod. Hes not going to water it down so people can get on with sniping bambis without having to deal with those pesky, noisy blighters. Theres an almost endless pool of games aimed towards PvP, for the very simple reason I said before, its the lowest common denominator. Its what the average person wants out of a game. And thats cool. This game just isnt for them. Any step rocket takes to accomodate for that at the expense of the survival aspect is a very literal 'selling out' of his concept for dayz, and would be a sure sign the games been affected by something other than rockets vision. And I repeat, thats not a good thing. And your point about an angry employer is pretty laughable too. Rocket made a community of millions of players out of the fundamental concept of making a ruthless, harsh, unforgiving survival game. The only reason its turned into the deathmatch it has been for the last few months (and thus also started to lose some peoples interest) is because for a while now, zombies (unintentionally) havent been an issue.

Sorry there, you picked the completely wrong person to pull that post out on. I dont think anythings overpowered, have absoloutely no qualms with being shot by someone, and if anything encourage a PvP element of people APPROACH to the mod, but not the mod itself.

You are all sorts of in the wrong im afraid :)

Sigh I never said he had an angry employer! Don't know where you got that one so I'll repeat myself "employer that will want to get their money back" now how you get an angry employer from that is any bodies guess...

Anyway time will tell what happens regardless of what your or I think!

Ppl complain about logout timer because they are exploiters that want to cheat the game by loging out to despawn zombies, cant wait for standalone to come out to fix this issues once and for all.

Ppl complain about logout timer because they are exploiters that want to cheat the game by loging out to despawn zombies, cant wait for standalone to come out to fix this issues once and for all.

that's kinda what I assume about at least some of the complainers

the new zed aggro got a bunch of zeds on their tail. they tried to despawn them by logging out. timer came up and their character was killed by zeds. then they get on the forums and make up a story about how their grandmother fell down the stairs and they had to log out <_<

Edited by daze23
  • Like 5

that's kinda what I assume about at least some of the complainers

the new zed aggro got a bunch of zeds on their tail. they tried to despawn them by logging out. timer came up and their character was killed by zeds. then they get on the forums and make up a story about how their grandmother fell down the stairs and they had to log out

I think my character died because I was being chased by zeds and I was unaware of it. I like the idea, but maybe a zombie chase indicator would be nice, just like the combat one.

The new update is unplayable for my crappy PC, at first it was kinda bad but now it is super bad. Am i the only one who has this problem

The new update is unplayable for my crappy PC, at first it was kinda bad but now it is super bad. Am i the only one who has this problem
I play on a Dell 14r, and it hasn't really impacted playability... maybe a bit more lag due to larger numbers of zombies in aggro, but not so that it's unplayable.

Here's an idea to make the zombies more of a threat, but not so OP that it becomes impossible to play (in my opinion, it isn't with 1.7.5.1, but I realize it just might be that I'm better at the game than others... ;) :P ). It will also make the zeds more like the zombies we've come to know in films.

There should be a difference in the way the zeds react to sound vs. sight. For weapons with a moderate audible range or higher, the zeds should aggro toward the sound, but,if they don't see a player after 10 seconds or so, they should stop the aggro and continue on the path toward the sound. For weapons with a low audible range, the zeds hear them, but it's only enough for them to change their path toward the sound, and they will only aggro if they see a player. And silenced weapons stay the same. If the zeds hear a player moving (sprinting, running, walking on cement... whatever), they should change their path toward the sound, but only aggro if they see you. Yeah, zombies shouldn't aggro from 300m away if you're prone, but if you're 200m away and running, they should aggro if they see a player. Then after a couple of minutes of not seeing a player, they can lose interest completely and change direction again. Don't slow them down - they should be able to outrun players, but have the path fixed (or as fixed as it can be with the Arma 2 Engine) so that they run straight toward you. Keep the tree safe zones, but keep the aggro if the player can be seen in the tree. If running in buildings can be added, awesome, if not... I don't mind an added safe zone for players to be able to loot and have an escape route from an aggro'd zombie horde. I like the massive zombie hordes, myself... it's terrifying, but I know I can also lose the majority of them in less than a minute. Currently, in terms of sound, I can sneak up behind a zombie and get to within hatchet striking distance (zoomed in) before it spins on me. Maybe make that hearing slightly better so that they start turning just before I get within distance... that way if I miss, I could be in trouble.

Oh, and zombie communication should be at the same distance as zombie awareness of players... if it's 120m for a player target, zombies within 120m should respond to a zombie who sees a player. In fact, treat zombie aggro screeches like pistol shots, the other zombies change their path toward the sound, and only aggro if they see a player.

Vehicle repair and refueling should be treated like low audible range weapons.

Vehicle engine noise should be treated like moderate or higher audible range weapons; the difference is that, because engine noise is constant, the aggro should be constant until the engine is shut off or goes out of audible range... then they disengage as they would with a weapon. Make the bicycle like a low audible range weapon.

This will give players a chance to prevent aggro's before they happen by either dealing with the imminent threat or disengaging from what they're doing to lose line of sight.

As far as damage goes, I don't know how that works now, but maybe base it on proximity. If you get a glancing blow, it's not that bad, but if they're right on you, it's worse - like broken bones... and also, have blood level be a factor as it is now, in terms of knockouts.

Changing the way zeds operate with regard to sound vs. sight will kind of mimic the zombie brain and also impact player interactions. Zombies will chase you when they realize what they hear is food - even if it's food driving by in a vehicle. And, imagine you're in a squad and one of your teammates is making some noise behind a zombie, the zombie starts to turn, but sees you before he sees your teammate... it forgets the sound your teammate is making and aggros on you.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 3