mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Takes 90 seconds to count down from 30 to quit now. That's a touch excessive no?

Boiling water is glitched for me. I never get that option when at a campfire, with water available on my person.

Try having a empty tincan or a empty sodacan in youre inventory when ure about to boil water, problem solved.

I really like this new patch, But I've only got one thing to say. The abort option says 30sec until you can abort, but it's not 30sec, it's more like 1½ minute tbh, which I find really annoying, if it was 30seconds it would be great, but I wait much much longer than 30sec.

Just wanted to point it out, not hating, thanks for the new patch, keep it up :)

I really like this new patch, But I've only got one thing to say. The abort option says 30sec until you can abort, but it's not 30sec, it's more like 1½ minute tbh, which I find really annoying, if it was 30seconds it would be great, but I wait much much longer than 30sec.

Just wanted to point it out, not hating, thanks for the new patch, keep it up :)

I think the Zeds traversing walls have to be solved because it is very annoying

Ok, I'm having a wierd bug/problem since I updated to this version. Whenever I get shot at and hit I see the screen flashing and the hit sound, but my blood stays totaly green. Then after I think 30 seconds or so it "updates" the damage and I have an total empty blood icon and am bleeding but am still not dead. Once I even got the broken bone sign but could still walk for some time before I finally had to go prone. It might be down to desync because my connection is normaly not very fast but I've only had it since the update and ever since then in every gunfight so I figure it must have to do some thing with it.

Does some of the new code maby "worsen" the effects of desync or something. I'm sorry but I've got no clue about netcode and stuff like that but maby someone here knows something.

Edited by Schmelzer

Feedback on new update.

1. This update is a dream for snipers, once they figure it out. Since it is impossible not to aggo zebs in cities, douche bambi snipers will have a field day just having to watch for zombies. Zombies were not the critical problems with the mod, it was bugs, douche bambi snipers and hackers. These were the things ruining the mod for people.

2. Abort timer is stupid. What is this suppose to achieve outside of the combat timer? Alt-f4 just so I can take a piss?

3. Zebs aggro is stupid, given that they are warping through walls all over the place. The update broke something and the warping through walls is the worse I have ever seen. I personally like the aggro zebs, so much easier to find something to kill.

4. As a bandit, all the changes to water, food, blood, etc. doesn't really apply to me. Bandits do not farm, they kill the people who do the farming.

5. On servers that have not changed the loot table, there is 3/4 trash in most spawns. Who the hell thinks that most people have time to play for 5-10 hours a session? What is the point of having to look for 1hr to find a gun or to go up north? It takes 20 minutes walking from Cherno to Electro, over thirty from Cherno to Starry. Are the community developers thinking that a normal play session for people is 4-5 hours? Where is the "fun" in walking, hunting, or looting (or basic stuff) for hours at a time?

6. I think if the server admins start to see their player population die because this mod has become boring as hell, they need to let these community developers know. Servers with 40 or above players are not full of survivalist wannabes. Its full of people looking for some pvp.

Edited by boatie

Seeing more script "issues" both #44 and #45. Downloaded and installed latest scripts.txt from github.

Notice that both lines have a 2 in front now. I assume just to investigate???

Also seems to be lag from being hit by zombie to seeing health degrade or start bleeding.

Cheers

Why would the devs fuck over their playerbase like this? Yea losing a few odds and ends isn't going to cause me to die, but to suddenly switch the number two and 3 backpack size is just plain dumb.

What if WoW, or some other MMO suddenly switched their highest level gear with the gear from a dungeon in a previous expansion? That's basically what they did here.

Furthermore giving dedicated weapons slots was COMPLETELY unnecessary and now game breaking. Let me load a Czech pack with a M16, AS50, M249, and M136 with a few rounds each. Makes PERFECT sense.

What a drama queen dude seriously lol

Feedback on new update.

1. This update is a dream for snipers, once they figure it out. Since it is impossible not to aggo zebs in cities, douche bambi snipers will have a field day just having to watch for zombies. Zombies were not the critical problems with the mod, it was bugs, douche bambi snipers and hackers. These were the things ruining the mod for people.

2. Abort timer is stupid. What is this suppose to achieve outside of the combat timer? Alt-f4 just so I can take a piss?

3. Zebs aggro is stupid, given that they are warping through walls all over the place. The update broke something and the warping through walls is the worse I have ever seen. I personally like the aggro zebs, so much easier to find something to kill.

4. As a bandit, all the changes to water, food, blood, etc. doesn't really apply to me. Bandits do not farm, they kill the people who do the farming.

5. On servers that have not changed the loot table, there is 3/4 trash in most spawns. Who the hell thinks that most people have time to play for 5-10 hours a session? What is the point of having to look for 1hr to find a gun or to go up north? It takes 20 minutes walking from Cherno to Electro, over thirty from Cherno to Starry. Are the community developers thinking that a normal play session for people is 4-5 hours? Where is the "fun" in walking, hunting, or looting (or basic stuff) for hours at a time?

6. I think if the server admins start to see their player population die because this mod has become boring as hell, they need to let these community developers know. Servers with 40 or above players are not full of survivalist wannabes. Its full of people looking for some pvp.

i think you play the wrong game m8 , guys who looking for action just go BF3 or something , DayZ have it all in the right amounts , yes your right their are bugs here and there butits a bloody beta phase what are you expecting ?! , one thing which i agree on is the number of players in the server i think 40-50 should be the max and not 200 as some think .

Zombies hitting me while I pull my plane forward and their standing at my tail. is absolutely retarded :) also me hitting a zombie at about 20k with fixed glass in my ural, (or really any car) and he makes me start bleeding, is also 100% retarded :) the idea of zombies breaking glass and hitting you is cool or maybe adds some intensity when you need to slow down and grab people to take off or what not. but really a human being isn't smashing any car window with his bare hands let alone some muscle decaying zombie. even if there is 4+ zombies.. not a cool feature :) making them hear everything now is fantastic enough you don't need those fake things happening.

Ok I must have missed something ...

-did the patches, did the update server and games and run both get server up goto join and nothing happends and get this message in the server window

21:02:26 HiveExt(0): [Information] HiveExt ce45a1f7524c

21:02:28 Database(0): [Warning] Could not connect to MySQL database at localhost: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10065), retrying in 1 seconds

and it continues to count but with an IP in place of "localhost" above if I leave localhost commented in the hiveExt (obviously because its trying to connect to official)

So how would I fix this... !? Ohh and I also tried my tunggle ip but it just crashes the server completly lol duno if that was it anyways... What did I miss?

I tried reinstalling everything same problem anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I aslo after reinstalling tried all default setting in hive and shit and just stops responding after mission load

May you please tell me how to fix the bug that comes with this new update. It keeps saying every time I join a server it kicks me and says (BattlEye Script Restriction #44) No matter WHAT I do it keeps saying that. Please tell me how to bypass this bug.

Ok, I'm having a wierd bug/problem since I updated to this version. Whenever I get shot at and hit I see the screen flashing and the hit sound, but my blood stays totaly green.

Yeah, I've had similar issues.

Edited by Hoik

Feedback on new update.

Not to be cleche but this isn't CoD, its a survival simulation game.

Smooth Rocket... you've made DayZ SO easy for the past few months, you've inadvertently brainwashed all the player-base into thinking that bandits were supposed to be the threat. NO PEOPLE, ZOMBIES ARE.

Everyone seemed to be excited about this update. I have played it and it is actually horrible. The zombies are more glitchy, I had 4 different tents dissapear after setting them up, there were no crash sites or vehicles anywhere to be found. I died a dozen times in one day. I played on a lot of different servers with this update and they are all horrible. I finally found a server with the old 1.7.4.4. and its way better. If all the servers were on the 1.7.5.1 , I would never play this game again. Its that bad.

After you drink your soda or eat canned food, the tin stays in your inventory... its really annoying and i would prefer it dissapearing like it used to instead of having to go through and manually drop it.

The abort timer is also very annoying also. I control alt delete and then end process on the game instead of waiting "30" seconds... its actually 3 or 4 times that long because the countdown goes so slow.

I actually found 1 bus... 1 vehicle in countless hours and then zombies hit my bus and it made me bleed..... nuff said.

Edited by matthewa

Not to be cleche but this isn't CoD, its a survival simulation game.

Derp derp. Survival wannabes derp derp. If this is a survival simulator, servers would be about 5 ppl each because you guys would be terrified of running into anyone. In fact, I bet all the survivor wannabes are playing on these low pop servers (unless they are in a farm clan). What do you think is happening in big servers with 40, 50 ppl?

• Like 5

Everyone seemed to be excited about this update. I have played it and it is actually horrible. The zombies are more glitchy, I had 4 different tents dissapear after setting them up, there were no crash sites or vehicles anywhere to be found. I died a dozen times in one day. I played on a lot of different servers with this update and they are all horrible. I finally found a server with the old 1.7.4.4. and its way better. If all the servers were on the 1.7.5.1 , I would never play this game again. Its that bad.

After you drink your soda or eat canned food, the tin stays in your inventory... its really annoying and i would prefer it dissapearing like it used to instead of having to go through and manually drop it.

It would sound like the servers you found did not have the new patch implemented properly, as all the issues you are mentioning is a matter of correct setup, except the zombiers ofc.

But the tent saving and wreck spawning is the setup no doubt, as it works just fine if you set it up correctly.

It would seem A LOT of people are having issues setting it up properly, what a shame coz that leads to theese "false possitive" bug reports.

Won't somebody please think of the bambis?!

I've been playing Dayz for maybe 8 months or so and this patch has made things challenging, get spotted, shoot etc and you have 20 zeds after you. That may be fine for the experienced player, but I think it's going to be too much for someone new to the game and it's not like it was noob friendly to start off with.

I tried picking off a zed that was denying me a clean run to the tents from the hill above starry, in a way that would normally have been totally safe and 10 seconds later there's a horde charging at me. Shooting the horde only made it bigger. I admit it was fun in a "arghhhh, that wasn't meant to happen now run away!" kind of way.

But anyone new to the game is just going to get destroyed and then stop playing. Obviously, that will be bad for the mod.

Auto-drop tin cans would be nice, that way they aren't in my inventory but are still available if I need to make a pot noodle.

Won't somebody please think of the bambis?!

I've been playing Dayz for maybe 8 months or so and this patch has made things challenging, get spotted, shoot etc and you have 20 zeds after you. That may be fine for the experienced player, but I think it's going to be too much for someone new to the game and it's not like it was noob friendly to start off with.

I tried picking off a zed that was denying me a clean run to the tents from the hill above starry, in a way that would normally have been totally safe and 10 seconds later there's a horde charging at me. Shooting the horde only made it bigger. I admit it was fun in a "arghhhh, that wasn't meant to happen now run away!" kind of way.

But anyone new to the game is just going to get destroyed and then stop playing. Obviously, that will be bad for the mod.

Auto-drop tin cans would be nice, that way they aren't in my inventory but are still available if I need to make a pot noodle.

Tbh with this being one of the only games in this genre, that somewhat work lol, i think its alright its a tough learning curve :)

Take EVE for example, its one of the toughest games to learn to play, but the rewards when you do learn it is awsome, thats the way DayZ should be.

Very difficult to begin with and then pay off to the persistantplayer who didnt give up, we dont want a "wow nerf" here pls.

i would say not to change anything and just focus on zombie behaviour, when thats dealt with then think of improvements.

let them walk inside hospitals, let them not lose focus so easily inside churches and markets, and let them run inside big warehouses.

but lower their sight range, they shouldnt be able to tell a human from an infected after 30 meters or so, even standing, its not like theyve mutated into half humans half hawks. and they shouldnt run faster than healthy humans. also could make zombies drop some guts that you can use to temporarily (for 5 mins) disguise yourself from them has long you dont run or shoot.

and get rid of silenced weapons, afaik they dont exist, there are supressors but they are still loud and would attract zombies.

Edited by white
  • Like 1