mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

it had broken glass... when standing outside the heli, scroll the wheel like your trying to fix it... you'll see glass is broken and that does not show up in the heli hud anywhere (also glass is like the 'fuel tank parts') if glass is broken, heli leaks fuel.

Also, if you're fixing the Little Bird, you have to fix the missiles with scrap metal or it leaks, even if everything else is fixed... of course, it doesn't actually have missiles, but, there ya go.

Personally I do not mind the patch, I enjoy it even, though there are some things that really need to be fixed. But I do think it will kill off a lot of the already dwindling population if this becomes the norm. Just my opinion devs. I don't think any of us want that.

Zigzagging should still exist but it should be more of a running sway not a sidestep zigzag.

Please elaborate on why they should zigzag or have a running sway at all, that makes no sense. An infected monster is going to charge at you to try and destroy you with no regard for its own "life". So will all of its friends.

Edited by MakeThemListen

Since the update I have been coming to grips with the crossbow and all its little inconveniences. The most anoying aspect for me has to be the iron sights - I don't know if bolts take some strange trajectory like bow/arrows, which (from my very limited experience) you have to aim off center from your target, please correct me if Im wrong... because otherwise I don't understand why it hasn't been fixed (aside from you working two jobs and have three kids :P ).

The crossbow has two small prongs at the end pointed at an angle inward. If you extend imaginary lines straight up and inward along those prongs, where they cross above the crossbow's center line is where the bolt hits. Here's what you can do to sort of "zero" the crossbow: point it at a wall that has a straight horizontal line on it, lining up the top of the crossbow in first person-zoomed, with the horizontal line on the wall. Fire your bolt at the wall. It will leave a black mark. Line the top of the crossbow up with the horizontal line again with the black mark above the center line and that mark is your aim point. Takes a bit of getting used to, but eventually you can get the hang of it. I do wish the crossbow had a scope... or, at the very least, a pin sight at the end.

Also a larger firing range would be nice.

I agree, it should be extended to about 50m - that's the range of most compound crossbows IRL.

If the aiming were fixed, qivers made and the range increased, I think that even having two bolts would make you a rich man!
The crossbow is my M9SD for Dayz 2017, if you can get the aiming down, you rarely have to worry about finding bolts. I usually run with 4 (in case I lose some). Headshots will get you the bolt back every time - unless the zed falls into a wall or other object. I've even recovered some that missed.

As for what people have said about zombies, I still don't see what the big deal is. Yes, the vehicle issue should be fixed and I wish the zombies couldn't glitch through walls... and maybe the instant spawn - but I don't see a horde forming if I use a hatchet. Perhaps, the visual range should be adjusted - I haven't really had a problem with this yet... they still can't sense me behind them until I'm close enough to kill them, so I just work the angles, and deal with the zombies that I believe will aggro before they do.

I've been killed by zombies once since the update and that was when I was testing the claim that they can hear direct chat... which just isn't true, by the way. And the only reason I died was because I had a keyboard issue where I couldn't move forward, so I got pounded. The new zombies require different tactics, is all... I'm glad it's gotten back to being a zombie survival game.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 2

I really, REALLY love the fact that you can do a dive while sprinting when you press V. Very impressive feature. I rate this patch a pure 5/5

I tried the regular arma 2, hated with a passion. Thought it was boring. PvE, please.

Arma II did not explore on the scene. Dayz did. It's was not the survival mode that did it. Just notice: where have all the huge servers gone? There is only a few left. Before there were hundreds of 50/50 hive servers. If the big servers die, then this fan base will decline rapidly so that only the hardcore fanboys are left. Doesn't that already describe Arma II? There are only these hard-core fanboys playing Arma II. Compare that to CSS, COD, and of course, dayz from 3 months ago. If all you want are a small group of hard-core players - the I play for 5 hours a session - then focus on making things harder for the bambis. They won't have fun and they won't come back.

have you tried Wasteland?

Please elaborate on why they should zigzag or have a running sway at all, that makes no sense. An infected monster is going to charge at you to try and destroy you with no regard for its own "life". So will all of its friends.

This has been explained maybe about 20 times in the past 30 pages.

Arma2 AI Behavior in short is limited for what we need the ai always try's to avoid, run away.

Hahahaha all the people crying about lost gear, balanced backpacks and dangerous Zombies. I collect your delicious tears in a glass, I raise it, incline in your direct and enjoy the salty brew. First thing I'm looking for is an Enfield and City.

Thanks to those that worked on this game changing patch! Brought me back into the fold. Xo.

they forgot this is alphaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't understand, doesn't ArmA already offer that experience if that is what you are after?

No it doesent.

Arma2 does not have zombies and bambi's does it?

The quicker the better you tree hugging survivalists realise DayZ exploded because of the pvp not singing cumbya around camp fires the better for YOU! And to those suggesting Wasteland ROFL! It dosent even come close to DayZ and the trill of hunting a bambi to their death :thumbsup:

• Like 1

No it doesent.

Arma2 does not have zombies and bambi's does it?

The quicker the better you tree hugging survivalists realise DayZ exploded because of the pvp not singing cumbya around camp fires the better for YOU! And to those suggesting Wasteland ROFL! It dosent even come close to DayZ and the trill of hunting a bambi to their death :thumbsup:

Doesnt matter why a game exploded. If rocket just wanted to make a popular game/money then yeah im sure he could go along the line of pandering to the lowest common denominator. But that is the arch-enemy of creativity. He has a vision, he will stick to it. People can like it or fuck off basically.

Rocket making the game how he wants it is Jimi Hendrix holding 2 mins of savage feedback by chewing his guitar next to some stadium speakers, whereas doing what the general public wants you to do is Justin Beiber holding his crotch and blowing kisses at 12 year olds.

• Like 2

Doesnt matter why a game exploded. If rocket just wanted to make a popular game/money then yeah im sure he could go along the line of pandering to the lowest common denominator. But that is the arch-enemy of creativity. He has a vision, he will stick to it. People can like it or fuck off basically.

Rocket making the game how he wants it is Jimi Hendrix holding 2 mins of savage feedback by chewing his guitar next to some stadium speakers, whereas doing what the general public wants you to do is Justin Beiber holding his crotch and blowing kisses at 12 year olds.

If you really think that narrowly then you will be disapointed. Yes he has a vision he also has an employer that will want to get their money back!

I can guarantee you there will be as much if not more pvp in the SA and you and the rest of the crybabies will be back here screaming for your dodies and how your sick and tired of getting killed by pvp'ers, and we'll go through the whole rigmaroll of this is overpowered, and that needs to go yada yada!

Next!

The quicker the better you tree hugging survivalists realise DayZ exploded because of the pvp not singing cumbya around camp fires the better for YOU!

Why on earth would it better for us? Oh... a exploded mod is a gooood thing. I see.

"Cannot abort near player"

Why would you implement this?!

Maybe to avoid freaking combat log?

• Like 1

So how do you logout if you are with friends?

maybe one goes to logout position. Aborts game. The Friend follows then to the position and logs out too? I dont see the Problem.

I know people like to cuddle with friends while loging out, but yeah we have to deal with this solution ^-^

What is the range for logging out near players?

Edited by smasht_AU

What is the range for logging out near players?

i think it was something like 8-10 meters, so not a great deal ^^

• Like 1

So how do you logout if you are with friends?

kill your friends to logout or keep playing... your decision

• Like 1

If you really think that narrowly then you will be disapointed. Yes he has a vision he also has an employer that will want to get their money back!

I can guarantee you there will be as much if not more pvp in the SA and you and the rest of the crybabies will be back here screaming for your dodies and how your sick and tired of getting killed by pvp'ers, and we'll go through the whole rigmaroll of this is overpowered, and that needs to go yada yada!

Next!

Ha, really? No idea how you reached this post. I love bandits, without them the game would be dry as hell. Some servers I used to play that had a really active side chat were just absoloutely lifeless. Would meet people without even as much as a raised voice of concern. I end up hunting people from time to time too.

Still doesnt mean the game should ever be directed towards it. Its a zombie survival mod. Hes not going to water it down so people can get on with sniping bambis without having to deal with those pesky, noisy blighters. Theres an almost endless pool of games aimed towards PvP, for the very simple reason I said before, its the lowest common denominator. Its what the average person wants out of a game. And thats cool. This game just isnt for them. Any step rocket takes to accomodate for that at the expense of the survival aspect is a very literal 'selling out' of his concept for dayz, and would be a sure sign the games been affected by something other than rockets vision. And I repeat, thats not a good thing. And your point about an angry employer is pretty laughable too. Rocket made a community of millions of players out of the fundamental concept of making a ruthless, harsh, unforgiving survival game. The only reason its turned into the deathmatch it has been for the last few months (and thus also started to lose some peoples interest) is because for a while now, zombies (unintentionally) havent been an issue.

Sorry there, you picked the completely wrong person to pull that post out on. I dont think anythings overpowered, have absoloutely no qualms with being shot by someone, and if anything encourage a PvP element of people APPROACH to the mod, but not the mod itself.

You are all sorts of in the wrong im afraid :)

• Like 5

This is an Arma 2 AI issue we are trying new methods to resolve but without dropping a weapon in the zeds hands we cant the same result's

let me first say im not a programmer, nor a brainsurgeon or anything like that, but my dumb bit of lateral thinking on that is that if the only way to fix that arma 2 AI issue is to drop a weapon in the zeds hands why not do just that, take a crowbar, remove its texture (or let the zed hold another zeds bodypart), and reduce its damage to 0, or make it do the damage the zeds do to players now.

Ok so far the biggest concern ppl have is the zeds. So this is where we are

Community Notes:

Affected addons:

* dayz_code

* dayz_sfx

Community Change log:

* [NEW] - Added a 2 minite delay to new zeds spawning once MaxLocal zeds fall's below the acceptable level.

* [NEW] - Added new sfx for chopping wood.

* [uPDATED] - loot weighted array generation fixed.

* [uPDATED] - Updated logout system to check radius of zeds from 50 meters to 25 meters

* [uPDATED] - Player range on logout to 6 meters.

* [uPDATED] - Max Range of targats 120 meters down from 300 meters. (this should help long range agro).

* [uPDATED] - AI behavour updated to try making them zigzag less.

* [FIXED] - Zeds will talk to other zeds within 80 meters down from 200 meters (FIXED)

* [FIXED] - CookedBeef StringTables now added.

* [FIXED] - Spanish, French StringTables updated.

* [FIXED] - logout timers updated from sleep 3 to sleep 1 this should now fix long logout timers.

* [FIXED] - Zeds should no longer walk though objects.

* [REMOVED] - Chase combat logging systems removed.

Many thanks!

Many thanks!

Any idea when we will see these changes? Just wondering because I've been looking everywhere and can ETA

Has zombie hit range been increased as well? Because last night I got knocked out dead (had low-ish blood already alright) but the zed was good 2-3 m away from me. Basically I was inside those wooden bungalow houses in the doorway with hatchet and the zed was still like solid 1m outside the door steps and he just knocked me out...

Is there anything that could be done to maybe slightly lower their long hands? I'm seeing this kind of behaviour after this patch