Sign in to follow this  
gamerman001

Dayz standalone suggestions are just getting out of hand.

Ill admit, There are quite a few good ideas that people have been throwing out there for the standalone. But some people just want too much realism. Ive seen suggestions ranging from, Drinking your own piss, shitting your pants, eating bugs, and spawning with physical disabilities that the player has to live with until he dies. Keep it fun, realistic and yet simple people. Nobody wants to button mash just to open a can of beans or move the mouse to raise a spoon full of pasta to the players mouth.

Suggestions like these are just downright retarded.

• Like 12

Kinect for DayZ, dude. We really would have to do all that stuff and it'd be awesome.

• Like 3

Surely they have got most stuff sorted for the standalone and dont need anymore of our 'helpful/bullshit' ideas...

If you didnt read my first line because it was too long then i agree with the OP

Eating bugs should be an option if you are starving to death and its the only way to survive. I mean you can eat people in dayz2017 (and supposedly the standalone). Now I dont know about you but if I was starving and had to choose between eating a cockroach or eating a human being.. Id prolly choose the cockroach.

As for self defication? If you dont find an appropriate place to relieve yourself then you should be able to self deficate. That would soil clothes and allow for another aspect to disease transmission. Not only would you have clothes that would be impossible/very hard to clean, but you wouldnt be able to use them again if you couldnt/didnt clean them. Meaning you would have to find new attire. In regards to drinking urine, its something that many people have had to do in order to survive some situations.

Dayz is a survival game after all.

You do whatever it takes to survive. If you arnt happy with that, then stick to the mod. I want more realism in the standalone.

(button mashing to open beans is quite silly tbh)

Edited by Talibambi

OK so i want to have cutting fingernails in as well cause they grow long in real life and what about hair cuts? Its game dude.. If you want more realism..live real life... Sorry man im tired.. No harm meant..

• Like 1

Ill admit, There are quite a few good ideas that people have been throwing out there for the standalone. But some people just want too much realism. Ive seen suggestions ranging from, Drinking your own piss, shitting your pants, eating bugs, and spawning with physical disabilities that the player has to live with until he dies. Keep it fun, realistic and yet simple people. Nobody wants to button mash just to open a can of beans or move the mouse to raise a spoon full of pasta to the players mouth.

Suggestions like these are just downright retarded.

The raising spoon to mouth to feed yourself was actually a REALLY good idea imho.

that's the great spirit of fora. it is a giant pool of ideas. The good thing is, even in the seemingly most stupid ideas there are sometimes quite useful things to find. then why don't you start a thread maybe concerning "suggestions for short-time implementations", things the devs can easily implement within a few days of programming. or something like this. try to guide the forum in such directions! why not?! :)

• Like 1

The raising spoon to mouth to feed yourself was actually a REALLY good idea imho.

It would be cool the first couple of times but when the novelty wears off you are left with a dull mechanic.

I imagine being something like this:

Funny but useless

• Like 4

Nothing wrong with making suggestions. even if some "push the envelope".

L

• Like 1

As for self defication? If you dont find an appropriate place to relieve yourself then you should be able to self deficate. That would soil clothes and allow for another aspect to disease transmission. Not only would you have clothes that would be impossible/very hard to clean, but you wouldnt be able to use them again if you couldnt/didnt clean them. Meaning you would have to find new attire. In regards to drinking urine, its something that many people have had to do in order to survive some situations.

Hmm, yeah.

I wish that the ability to "defecate" isnt going to be in the game. Dont know if it has been confirmed though, might have missed it then.

Ive only heard rocket talk about cities spreading diseases more, because people has defecated in them, which isnt saying that the players will be able to.

I can understand that alot of people would want this feature though, however i have alot of other things i would rather want, than having to worry about my character dying because of a bad case of diarrhia.

Not to mention the griefing potential, shit would be everywhere..

As for realism, yes of course, but not everything needs to be put into the game in the name of "realism".

I dont think anyone would like the fact that your character cant stand up for a week, and only walk for a couple of months if he breaks his leg. Morphine isnt gonna do anything,.

Of course, this is only my personal opinion, and im sure alot of people would dissagree.

Edited by Conzolax

Hmm, yeah.

I wish that the ability to "defecate" isnt going to be in the game. Dont know if it has been confirmed though, might have missed it then.

Ive only heard rocket talk about cities spreading diseases more, because people has defecated in them, which isnt saying that the players will be able to.

I can understand that alot of people would want this feature though, however i have alot of other things i would rather want, than having to worry about my character dying because of a bad case of diarrhia.

Not to mention the griefing potential, shit would be everywhere..

As for realism, yes of course, but not everything needs to be put into the game in the name of "realism".

I dont think anyone would like the fact that your character cant stand up for a week, and only walk for a couple of months if he breaks his leg. Morphine isnt gonna do anything,.

Of course, this is only my personal opinion, and im sure alot of people would dissagree.

Deficating is confirmed and a large part of the disease spreading system and diseases themselves...

Sometimes suggestions go over the line of being a game to being either stupid or far too detailed. The idea that you have to make your character take a crap goes too far for me.

Edited by Josh225

So because you don't like a suggestion because it's "too realistic" you demote yourself by calling it "Retarded".

A realistic suggestion is by definition smarter than an arcade one and thus the arcade suggestions are the ones deserving of the title.

Yes, there always comes a point where realism (as in, you would need to cook that chicken for 40 minutes before you can eat it or get salmonella) is detrimental to gameplay. Very few people want to play the waiting game.

But if the suggestion revolves around something that would add depth to the gameplay then it's a good suggestion.

So if you have eaten spoiled food, ridden with mold and rotting, then it should affect you in some way or another.

In Minecraft you get food poisoning, in DayZ you should get the same effect and they could possibly add self defecation to further punish you for eating bad food. You now have flies circling your butt as you try and stay hidden from whatever.

Or, you could chose to lover your pants and take a shit. Using it to lure in zombies and players alike while you lie in wait for them to investigate.

If you think that is retarded then you simply lack vision and should stick to playing CoD.

There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

I always consider the suggestions thread as a massive brainstorm. A lot of ideas may be silly or impractical but there are some good ones every now and then.

Beans to whoever gets my quote.

• Like 1

Walking should totally be LMB/RMB repeatedly.

Shooting and zoom can go to a weapon menu.

But seriously, if there are realism enhancing systems in the game that add to the richness of the world and opens up many more threats / options that's a good thing. Where people go to far is when various ideas require to much micro management from the player for the sake of realism. But having 150 different food items with different caloric values is not a bad thing, with calories effecting your stamina pool or whatever. Raising resilience to disease for example.

Diversify threats, and meet that with a multitude of ways to deal with these threats is always a good thing.

Edited by Droidlife

There is a fine line between clever and stupid.

I always consider the suggestions thread as a massive brainstorm. A lot of ideas may be silly or impractical but there are some good ones every now and then.

Beans to whoever gets my quote.

Spinal Tap...

That video with the surgeon had me crying I was laughing so much!

what got me the most was he sounds like a cross between Bill Murray + Mayor Quimby lol