Sign in to follow this  
JayTee13

Many reasons why we need the bandit, survivor, and hero skins back.

Okay yeah so anyways how do I delete this? And the rest of my posts because I keep getting replied to by virgin man children so..... yeah...

"virgin man children" reminds me to "man bear pig" don't know why.

and well this happens in fora when you create a thread and have got a completely porous line of argument, especially when there are ppl who actually do not like the idea.

try to learn how to be thick-skinned!

Edited by joe_mcentire

Okay yeah so anyways how do I delete this? And the rest of my posts because I keep getting replied to by virgin man children so..... yeah...

Congratulations, you're about the 3456826th person to call people idiots/immature/manchildren/etc simply for disagreeing with you.

The Dayz Team works hard to finally allow us to loot and wear custom clothing in SA and YOU want to complain about it? You should attempt to pick better battles on what you want to see in this game. This is something most players wanted to see and have been asking to get for quite a while.

I want lots of skins and clothing available to customise my character as i see fit.

What i don't want is an arbitrary number to force a skin onto me. So what if someone has killed 10 innocent players - why should he be recognisable to everyone for his actions?

Now if there were a way you could "tag" players so that when you see them kill others or attack you, you would recognise them if you ever crossed paths again. That would be a cool mechanic.

But a skin change due to your actions - no thanks.

• Like 2

Congratulations, you're about the 3456826th person to call people idiots/immature/manchildren/etc simply for disagreeing with you.

I don't care if they disagree. Some of them I just being immature and hostile which is why I want to delete it.

Btw thank you to all who gave feedback in a friendly mature manner I really appreciate it. I find it annoying when I get replied to by people way too into this stuff. Really don't get why they judge people so harshly over a topic on the DayZ forums.

That's the thing with opinions, it can get a bit heated.

But cmon people, no need for name calling and the like.

I want lots of skins and clothing available to customise my character as i see fit.

What i don't want is an arbitrary number to force a skin onto me. So what if someone has killed 10 innocent players - why should he be recognisable to everyone for his actions?

Now if there were a way you could "tag" players so that when you see them kill others or attack you, you would recognise them if you ever crossed paths again. That would be a cool mechanic.

With the new clothing systems Rocket's been promising in the standalone, that might be slightly addressed. As long as there are enough variations and colors, bandits would need to start carrying around one or two extra jackets to remain anonymous, could be fairly impressive.

And since you can get diseases from other people's clothing you can't just do a quick wardrobe change hitman style whenever you become recognized.

Edited by Jonsse

But that's the thing, putting a shemagh on isn't supposed to be a "here be baddies" sign. Instead of creating something, they looked at the resources Arma II had and said "well we're at war with people who wear those, that should be good enough". And I said "towelhead" because the low-poly representation they give those things looks like a towel... you know what I'm not even starting down this subject with you. So far you've called me a psychopath and now you're digging through my words to imply even more negative connotations that anyone who would spend a minute to know me would know are completely false.

I do my best to use good grammar, spelling, and choice of words as a courtesy to people who take the time to have a chat while I'm sitting here bored at uni. It's the internet, and people get distracted or make mistakes. I'm sorry if I said something offensive but it's not like you've been very welcoming to me, either.

Don't bother talking to me again unless you have something to add other than an assault on my character again. I'm tired of bambi's thinking that they hold a monopoly on how the game should be played, and have the right to petition at every step to make the game harder for anyone who wants to enjoy it differently.

Don't think I dropped the word psychopath in this discission, you sure it was me?

The shemagh is a leftover from the original bandit skin, the German KSK desert forces. It's nothing to do with bandits being Al Qaida or Germans, it was just an useful solution for the bandit skin.

Edited by Dallas

"THEY DISAGREE WITH MY IDEAS. FUCK THEM"

I do believe that people should be entitled by their differences from their action otherwise it'd be a disguise of what wouldn't distinguish who they are. Having a Hero, Bandit and Survivor is the good, the bad, the neutral.

I just think the humanity should be greatly improved such as players complaining that being a bandit was from self defense. Perhaps a player who defends themselves should be entitled as just a survivor, no penalties, no benefits for saving yourself. Banditry is the only thing that needs to be improved without suffering the players who are innocent.

Remember humanity was implemented for a reason and when it was removed, it was clear why in was initially implemented and humanity was reinstated. Without humanity people will forget that DayZ is more than a game and simply KOS everyone.

We kill on sight because there isn't anything left for us to do in this game. We've had a camp, we've been all over the map, we've driven and flown all the vehicles, we've helped new players and we've killed bad players. Now... We just cause chaos. Everyone is going to find something to do in the game when the initial fun wears off; or they are going to stop playing it.

I don't give a rats ass about humanity, and I suspect neither does most players... The only people who care about humanity are those who try to "achieve" hero status, or players who whine about not knowing who is good/bad. Until more and interesting content is added to the game, and this goes for the SA as well, people are just going to kill one another for sport.

You can make the zombies as hard as you want, you can have all the skins you want, you can have all the different forms of humanity in general and nothing will stop that. My gear means nothing to me, and neither does dying. I know if I die, I'll just spawn on the shore and start over. Whoopity doo.

The new, and much needed clothing system should be a good way of identifying friends however and it obviously means an end to bandit/hero/survivor skins thankfully. Now I'm going to shoot you for your fancy boots instead.

Edited by Dreygar

DayZ as pure death match or as pure coop is completely uninteresting.

There are many other games that does DM, CTF or COOP much better, what's interesting about DayZ is that we're all forced together and have to survive with our very different motivations. Where you care little about your own life or other's, you play a role for those, like me, who cares both about staying alive and for the lives of other.

The mere presence of humanity means that players become aware that they have a choice. When humanity was removed from DayZ, this awareness almost disappeared. KOS escalated and new players learned that KOS was the only way of playing DayZ. Without bandits, everyone became bandits or simply disappeared into the wilderness. With the re-implementation of humanity, humane behavior slowly became a valid choice again and you saw more cooperation between strangers.

Humanity does not affect players who only play to create chaos and death, but for everyone else, they realize there are an alternative means of survival. The skins in themselves does not guarantee your safety from deceit and murder, but the symbolic reminder, means new players are able to expand their horizon beyond the people, who shoot them on sight. It also means that the KOS players, unless they disguise themselves are prone to the same treatment that they they themselves perpetrate.

To some extend the humanity system actually promotes violence, because I as a survivor will KOS any bandit on sight. I do not care whether you're a mass murderer or you undeservedly lost humanity in self defense, if I catch you in a populated area with a face mask, I'll automatically execute you as humane as possibly.

For me the real issue with skins is not what they try to achieve, but how they're implemented. When I play(ed) the skins aren't really important, because the bandits could have simply defended themselves and got the skin (nothing really bad in my book), on the other hand the "hero" could have simplu executed a bunc of bandits with his as50 to get the hero status;

I never tried it, but if a hero shoots thrre bandits and three survivors, will he remain a hero with this system? And a real hero irl would try to preserve the life of a bandit as well.

Basically, the system is kind of a judge, jury (and anfair at that), while we as players are left to be the executioner...

Skins are dumb. Rocket stated that humanity system has to be revamped.

Exactly. Or a heartbeat you hear when approached by lost cause murderer. If it can still foul you (appear when approached by a friendly person sometimes, or do not appear when approached by a murderer), then it will work like a hunch you have.

Edited by WiFiN

"THEY DISAGREE WITH MY IDEAS. FUCK THEM"

As I've said before. I don't care if they disagree with my ideas. I care about how they're acting. Fortunately there are more people here that have grown up and clearly you're not one of them.