amlaborde@windstream.net

Bruising from repetitive gun fire.

Since we are all civilians in the game, not all of them will be accustomed to the constant recoil of a weapon. After a period of time their bodies could be come bruised by the constant kick when you fire it too much.

What if in the standalone, firing a weapon over and over and over again will start to bruise your shoulder and effect your accuracy and ability to hold the weapon steady?! This would make a bandit think twice before attacking everything in site and make you question "is attracting a hoard of Infected worth the stress?"

• Like 1

I am not sure if this is authentic. If you can show a credible site that talks about this, then maybe it should be considered.

But I at the moment I don't think a little pain would really affect accuracy or precision.

WOOT! 600th post

Edited by Vindicator
  • Like 1

I am not sure if this is authentic. If you can show a credible site that talks about this, then maybe it should be considered.

But I at the moment I don't think a little pain would really affect accuracy or precision.

WOOT! 600th post

That is coming from personal experience mostly. Repetitive motion injury is a real thing. If you do fire a weapon for hours on end and even not properly hold a higher powered weapon, you can bruise your shoulder. Edited by AngryBrute

That is coming from personal experience mostly. Repetitive motion injury is a real thing. If you do fire a weapon for hours on end and even not properly hold a higher powered weapon, you can bruise your shoulder.

Makes sense. But some one in the apocalypse could probably live through a little shoulder pain. Or they could take a few pain killers.

• Like 2

Makes sense. But some one in the apocalypse could probably live through a little shoulder pain. Or they could take a few pain killers.

This. ^^

In the event of the apocalypse I think a bit of bruising would really be the least of my worries, lol.

Very true. Very true... Come to think of it, when your heart starts pounding when you fight for you life, your hands start to shake. That pretty much takes place of my idea.

Very true. Very true... Come to think of it, when your heart starts pounding when you fight for you life, your hands start to shake. That pretty much takes place of my idea.

I shake a bit from things like public speaking and playing intense video games like DAyZ, Arma, Stalker, etc. I don't thing there would need to be an in game mechanic because I shake IRL and this affects my in game shooting. The shaking is minor so I think replicating it in game wouldn't be beneficial.

• Like 1

I shake a bit from things like public speaking and playing intense video games like DAyZ, Arma, Stalker, etc. I don't thing there would need to be an in game mechanic because I shake IRL and this affects my in game shooting. The shaking is minor so I think replicating it in game wouldn't be beneficial.

Again, this. ^^

DayZ is all about making you feel things, whether it's fear, adrenaline or doubting a player's intentions. Representing them in-game when I may or may not be feeling these things in real life would ruin it a little bit for me.

• Like 1

From personal experience, old rifles like the lee enfield kick like a mule, you're gonna feel your first clip the next day.

I think women characters in DAYZ should get knocked down anytime they try to fire almost any weapon in a standing/crouching position. Best part is the internet is full of videos supporting this particular notion !!!

All those female pistol, rifle and shotgun shooters I've stood next over the years must be the odd ones out then.

Many females are more than capable of operating a firearm safely and efficiently. Do not judge folk by a minor subsection. Especially from youtube.

• Like 1

How much are you guys shooting? Because I hardly ever fire anything other than a pistol outside of the rare occurance when I have a non-peaceful encounter with another player.

Running around in the woods all day, and night, long would turn anyone's feet black and purple though.

I just don't think that such a mechanic is worth implementing, it doesn't really seem to contribute much to the game. Adding this is comparable to adding a blister indicator or a chafing gauge.

• Like 1

Bruises from firing weapons? In my seven years of firing weapons I have never been bruised. However using a drill for hours on end gave me a tingling sensation in my arm.

I hope the SA is more challenging than using a firearm a lot in order to get bruises, I don't want to be a player who shoots everytime he see's a threat, What next pulled muscles for axe swings?

Women are plenty capable to shoot and those youtube videos are out there from some rednecks handing an unprepared woman a Deagle.

OT: Interesting concept but you said "most people" I suggest a class based system like your occupation before you washed up in Chernarus like:

• Soldier: better accuracy and stamina
  • Doctor: Bandage, morphine, and blood bag faster
  • Athlete: More blood and stamina

Just a concept of course