SmashT

Ivan & Martin Free on bail

Glad to see they are out but can someone tell me if they actually had permission to take photos of the military bases? If they didn't then it should be obvious to everyone why they were detained for as long as they were.

They were detained for so long because the Greek justice system has stopped working, being on strike for months. I have no idea why they were detained in the first place, but if they are being released on €5000 and free to leave the country, it doesn't seem like there's overwhelming amount of evidence indicating they are Turkish spies planning an invasion.

They were detained for so long because the Greek justice system has stopped working, being on strike for months. I have no idea why they were detained in the first place, but if they are being released on €5000 and free to leave the country, it doesn't seem like there's overwhelming amount of evidence indicating they are Turkish spies planning an invasion.

Taking photos of military bases without permission is generally a bad idea. Doesn't really matter if you are a spy or not. I really hope they had permission or that was a poorly thought out idea.

• Like 2

I thought they were taking photos for the company?

why did bohemia deny it?

Taking photos of military bases without permission is generally a bad idea. Doesn't really matter if you are a spy or not. I really hope they had permission or that was a poorly thought out idea.

If i remember right they were recording from inside a taxi and a military base came up. Then they turned whatever they were using to record off when they saw a sign that said pictures were not allowed.

Edited by Noszombie
  • Like 2

You're in the wrong damn thread dude. This the yay we are happy they are out thread..the armchair critic/judge/ jury/executioner thread is down the forum a bit. :emptycan:

• Like 3

You're in the wrong damn thread dude. This the yay we are happy they are out thread..the armchair critic/judge/ jury/executioner thread is down the forum a bit. :emptycan:

I'm in the right thread but thanks for your back-seat moderating.

The misinformation on this matter is just tremendous...anyway, not planning on starting a pointless discussion.

I thought they were taking photos for the company?

why did bohemia deny it?

For the obvious reason that if they had done something dirty, they wouldn't want to get their internationally known company into such a scandal.

Anyway, I was a little short on time, so I only read the headline.Nice to see that they didn't do anything after all.Have a safe trip home.

Edited by thodouras95

Now that they're out, what are they up to? Can we start a new thread called Ivan & Martin go to the pub?

You should read the official statements. They were on a public road driving in a car.

You should read the official statements. They were on a public road driving in a car.

who takes pictures/videos from a driving car if he's not filming a UFO or something?I've never read any such thing.

B.I. was totally not cool on their part... I mean, obviously they knew what they were there for. Saying that they were there for personal holiday matters or even denying that they were there at all is totally uncalled for and a new low.

who takes pictures/videos from a driving car if he's not filming a UFO or something?I've never read any such thing.

My mom takes if she sees something cool and who wouldn't?

I grew up on military bases and it doesn't matter if you are off base or not. Taking photos and video of the base in question is an absolutely "No" without permission. This is of course applying to American bases: http://law.onecle.com/uscode/18/795.html

Doesn't matter what the circumstances were.

As I said before, Thankfully they were let out on bail. It must be frustrating dealing with these types of laws as they are in place to protect the military and countries in very specific, rare cases.

• Like 1

My mom takes if she sees something cool and who wouldn't?

Well, I guess it's up to the person then, I never do that when I'm in a car, since I know the pictures/videos will just turn out to be...bad.

B.I. was totally not cool on their part... I mean, obviously they knew what they were there for. Saying that they were there for personal holiday matters or even denying that they were there at all is totally uncalled for and a new low.

Please share some of your made up theories.

Actually please don't.

• Like 2

Well surely all that matters now is that they are at home with their families where they belong. People can say all sorts on why or how or whatever none of that bothers me. They are back and as a community we should all be thankful that they are home.

Home, sweet home!

Who never been in prison will never understand how happy they are.

Welcome back :beans:

Your just angry cos nobody liked your DayZ on mobile phones idea.

• Like 6

Hello there

I think folk should look at the facts before assuming what happened. Check out the Bis forum or the free Ivan/Martin site.

Google it.

L

I don't get why people are being suck dicks about this at all. I mean they was there for personal reasons, not for business, does no one even know that gaming companies send out research teams to get facts and info on stuff not just military stuff either...

You should just all be happy that two people that have been wronged are finally on the first step to fixxing this

It saddens me to know how low some people can be and how selfish some of humanity is becoming.

• Like 1

Maybe, maybe not. It depends how long it takes for them to get back to work etc, although I do want to say that they should spend as much time with their families as they can and not rush back to work. They deserve to be at home where they belong.

• Like 1