Dayzo

v175 beta: meat issues [solved] [old]

Epeen Monitor is like the debug monitor but only shows a limited amount of stuff (Dayz survived, Zombies Killed, Headshots, Murders, Bandits Killed, Humanity). On key press it loads then disappears it does not stay loaded.

This is a temp system while i can create or find someone to create a new gui just for the player stats.

Soo, I skipped a few posts but can someone tell me how blood regen works now? You auto regen when full of food?

Is this 175 version ready yet or just in testing? If so when is the rough/approx ETA?

I think you should adjust the random chances things run out or break, and instead put in a number (integer) to keep track of how many matches are left. So when a match box is created it has random(1-40) matches in it. I also only think axes and melee weapons should only have a chance to break when their uses (ammo) is under 25%

Can you please remove, or at least have toggle options for any on screen panels. I don't want on screen panels at all.

Edited by disorder

Whats with all the hate towards spamming meat for blood?

it's unrealistic and it bothers me. Why would eating 10 steaks heal a person that was shot at with a sniper rifle?

An alternative for lone wolves should be additional medical items that can be self applied but not recover 100% blood so blood bags would still encourage more teamplay and have food retain a more practical use other than healing golfball sized gunwounds

* [REMOVED] - MPTable now removed.

* [REMOVED] - Axes now have a small chance to fail due to them being blunt (others later) 9% Chance. ** Can still be used as weapon **

* [REMOVED] - Matches can now run out (others later) 9% Chance. (at this time this is a random chance)

* [REMOVED] - Knife will now have a chance to go blunt causing it to give less food from gutting animals 9% chance(Blunt), 50% less food(Gutting)

* [REMOVED] - You can now longer apply more then one blood bag per 10 mins per player

* [REMOVED] - You can no longer consume food while your not hungry (within 3 mins of eating)

* [REMOVED] - You can no longer drink while your not thirsty (within 3 mins of drinking)

Why these were removed :( Some bugs or did people just whine whine whine? I hope something will be done to that food spamming. also running out of matches, blunting your blades add at least something to do in the game.

Otherwise looking gooooood.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

Would be nice to see this change log come out soon. Been holding off on playing until this patch comes out.. Just some advice too razor, dont jst remove stuff just because a group of people cry about it I am not happy at all some of the stuff was removed I thought it would be a big improvement now I am kinda disappointed that stuff was removed because little kids wanna cry about things.

Edited by Kkthnxbye
  • Like 1

Why remove this?

[REMOVED] - You can no longer regain blood from cooked food for 1 hour after eating. (ie spamming cooked meat to regain hp)

[REMOVED] - You can no longer consume food while your not hungry (within 3 mins of eating)

[REMOVED] - You can no longer drink while your not thirsty (within 3 mins of drinking)

So we now regain magically 12k blood again by eating a few stakes? Nice we are back to neverland. One step forward two step back.

Edited by Kumando

from the realistic view of point i like the changes how many pieces of meat can you eat until your full. Matches get wet and its raining all the time when im playing anyway.

What i really dislike is that they then make so many unrealistic choices for the few realistic they make.

Showing Heli Crash Sites on a Map for every player to be seen? Really maybe only for those who have GPS and get the Help Signal from the Heli, but not everyone who has a map (btw every supermarket has like 4 watches and 2maps so ).

Great change log !

Do you already know when the 1.7.5 comes out Razor ? :)

I hope soon, it's been two months since the last patch, how do you determine that what you have is ready for release instead of just adding new things forever?

Edited by smasht_AU

I hope soon, it's been two months since the last patch, how do you determine that what you have is ready for release instead of just adding new things forever?

There needs to be a design > release cycle drawn up. Right now it looks like the creator is doing busywork just adding things only to remove them again.

My cycle is parse suggestions > add workable suggestions > compile > test > package and release

Edited by disorder
  • Like 1

I would like to be able give myself a blood bag

- a timer should pop up timer(like knocked out timer) and be unable to move for 10minutes

- instant if inside a hospital or medical tents (get rid of breaking glass, can walk thru doors on other buildings)

In a group

- person receiving blood should receive a timer and be unable to move for 3-5 minutes.

Just a lone wolf giving suggestions..

Remember, this game was good before, don't make it too "realistic" that it ruins the game......

Razor, do you plan to put out a patch soon? I mean.. Its been awhile, people are starting to get annoyed with slow patches.. Standalone has already been pushed back so a patch would be nice to be deployed. Its been couple of month and in theory its should not take that long to test stuff. I understand you do this for free but, we do get bored with bugs and silly in-game issue that can be resolved. I really hope to see this patch this month... Its over due and people will agree with me.

• Like 1

Most of the stuff that was talked about earlier in this thread has been removed, however about him deploying the patch soon he might just try out different things in his beta builds and see what works and then release it to the public.

Most of the stuff that was talked about earlier in this thread has been removed, however about him deploying the patch soon he might just try out different things in his beta builds and see what works and then release it to the public.

Very true but it has been months since and patch but really not much can be said since he does it for free.

Exactly... this is work done for free, so... suggest, don't whine... and it's been a season of big holidays since the last patch, so, please, give the man a break on the "when will it be out?..."

We don't release the patches. Our original schedule was release every 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Having read this whole exhaustive thread made me sign up so that I could share my own opinions here as well and make the following suggestions to the blood system.

I'd say limit the amount of transfusions you can give down to once every 12 hours. You are only allowed to donate blood (at least where I live) once every 3 months. After donating blood you tend to feel light headed for at least 2 hours afterwards so I suggest the following system.

Blood can be given but only once every 12 hours (real world hours) and the player who gives the blood gets a slight ringing in his ears and a little gun drift for an hour afterward (one hour of game time). When blood is given it gives an instant 2000 blood and 3000 blood will be regen'd over the next hour (Aborting will NOT mean this bonus keeps going, you need to be in game for it to take effect. If you logoff the duration will continue when you log back in [iE: you have 30 mins of regen left when you log off, when you login you will still have 30 minutes of regen left to you]).

NOTE: Only the person who gives blood undergoes the 12 hour effect. If 4 people decide to give blood to one injured member of their group it would weaken the group as a whole in that they cant give blood for 12 hours. If you have less than 8000 blood you cannot give blood at all until that number increases.

Eating food will give you 200 instant blood and 1000 blood over the next hour (Aborting will NOT mean this bonus keeps going, you need to be in game for it to take effect. If you logoff the duration will continue when you are back in game). The regen bonus can stack up to 3 times and you can only eat once every 5 mins. This would mean if you ate 3 times in 15 mins and an hour passes you would be 3600 blood up on where you were one hour ago.

Cooked meat would give you 600 instant blood and 3 pips of regen, much like eating 3 tins of food would.

The two bonus's wont stack though. If you get blood from someone else, you cant eat food to double the regen rate. Its one or the other.

The system can easily be represented by a small "pip" system next to your blood indicator. You get one little arrow (like this " ^ ") indicating you have one stack of Regen in effect.

Other thing I'd suggest is the new spawns start with 10 000 health and the blood cap remains at 12 000.

The advantage of this system is well.... why the hell fight if you weak? When you are weaker in real life you tend to want to sleep or rest. If you get shot down to 3000 blood, eat some food, high tail it for the forest and avoid conflict for a while.

It would also bring some use back to the epi-pen which is for the most part ignored. If you friend is low on blood and passing out, he's not gonna get blood back instantly and needs to get somewhere safer. He needs you, his buddy to keep giving him epi-pen shots to keep him going.

I'd like to make some other suggestions to the systems in the game but these aren't directly blood related.

IF you take a morphine, your indicators on the side all turn full green. The value is false cause you under the effect of a narcotic, color would be restored to your screen as well. You may see some weird things like pink trees (no idea if that's possible at all).

Painkillers would make the same system a bit less accurate.

If you die twice in short duration (30 mins) you get a 5 minute time-out. The game is sqewed by people attempting for better spawns all the time and it also distorts the front pages' "life expectancy, one hour + 9 mins". It would also curb the issue in the game where people simply feel "aww... what the hell, broken leg in small town, gonna just shoot a few shots off, let the zeds eat me and try get back to my bod in time".

Edited by krohlm
  • Like 1

The mod is already enough realistic. Sure those new changes are realistic, but that makes the mod worse and way too realistic. Why cant you just spam cooked meat to regain health? Lonewolves are fucked then. This mod is going to get worser and worser. More realistic and realistic. But there goes the fun too.

I don't mind, but what should be added is a blood bag stand. I would take 10 slots and they are pretty rare. It allows you do to blood bag yourself taking 1 minute. simple as that

I appreciate the great work that modders are doing to support the community. The added maps are an example of why dayz is great.

Now, from a bandit, thank you for removing the stupid changes. It would not have changed anything from our playstyle, other than have made the game more boring.

I really don't understand alot of the comments. Its like people play this mod for 10 hours straight. My friend and I are bandits because we can only play every few days, 2-3 hours a session. So we don't have alot of time. It already takes forever meeting up when we spawn at different parts of the map. And also takes time to find a gun. After that, we usually have at most 2 hours to get into some good fights and then call it day.

Since we have limited time, we don't ever hunt. We don't use matches, axes (unless to attack ppl). We don't use knives. We don't really even eat because we are usually dead before the hunger/drink icon goes red. We don't run away from gunfire, we run towards it. So the only thing that would have changed in our playstyle, had the patch gone through as it was originally intended, would have been that we would simply die a little faster rather than wait to get our health up. It would change nothing in terms of making us want to work with others. Cooperating is boring when you only have 2 hours to play.

Changes that make our limited time playing fun are good. Changes that just make it bs and forces us to do more busy work are stupid.

So, being able to give your buddy a blood bag right away is great - because often it can extends a firefight. We play on private hives only because it eliminates alot of crap, such as server hopping. So being able to spam food to get some health is great because the hospitals are usually hot zones and its not always easy to get blood there. Also, only the big cities have hospitals, so food is the only way to get health if you are somewhere else like starry.

tldr; not only lone wolves, bandits would have also found stupid changes boring and killing their love for this mod.

So being able to spam food to get some health is great because the hospitals are usually hot zones and its not always easy to get blood there.

That's the point...

It isn't supposed to be easy, it's supposed to force players into the cities if they want blood bags.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 1

We never leave the cities.

Well what's the problem then? :S

Just send one guy in with a hatchet and an empty backpack while the others cover him.

Nope. To lazy. Only time we leave town is to hunt noob snipers in the hills around town.

Edited by boatie

Well DayZ isn't a 'press X to win' game. Laziness won't get you very far.

• Like 1