rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.1 Rolling Update

Hooray for all the ladies who can now fix our genders. :)

But then we'll all be the same?

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

HOTFIX : 17 JUNE 2012

Affected addons:

* dayz_code 1.7.1.1

* dayz_server (only for server admins)

Developer's Note:

* Performance issues were associated with loot cleanup not working. This has been fixed.

* Each time you start a new character' date=' you will get the gender selection dialog.

* INFECTED AND LOOT RESPAWN IS STILL QUITE BUGGED. NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. BUT IT SHOULD BE MANAGEABLE NOW.

Changelog:

* [FIXED'] Server item cleanup error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [FIXED] Server weighted random object error (thanks Dwarden for identifying)

* [REVERT] 5 second delay for disconnecting (will need to wait till new method developed)

* [REVERT] Disabling of interior raycasting (will mean some buildings you will be invisible/can't be hit in for the moment as they don't have view LODs)

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot, this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

* [FIXED] Area not checked for existing infected before spawning new ones ("blind faith" that it had not made a mistake didn't work)

* [FIXED] Crippling performance issues caused by loot items never being cleaned up (loot now cleaned up)

* [FIXED] Tent pitching (Who the hell codes tent location checks TWICE before pitching? Oh apparently I do)

* [NEW] Marakov spawn rate increased

* [NEW] Small chance Mararov ammo will spawn on an infected

* [FIXED] Converting magazines didn't work if you had MORE than one of that magazine type (now works as intended)

* [NEW] Tweaked audibility and visibility values for kneel walking

* [REVERT] Secret nerf of prone (you noticed)

* [NEW] Can select gender for each new character

* [FIXED] Toolboxes aren't spawning (classname error in loot table)

* [NEW] Small tweaks to AI zombie routines to improve performance

* [REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)

DAMN YOU ROCKET, I WAS ABOUT TO SLEEP!!!!!! Now, where's my coffe mug :dodgy:

Question. Do we need to wait until servers update/advertise 1.7.1.1 or do we just join a server running 1.7.1? Is there a different server side architecture for this hotfix or only client side?

u'd need an updated server

Thank you sir.

first i want to say thanks for all ur hard work. cant just say this is bad bad bad without seeing the good. but tbh i think spawning without a gun is a bad idea. for 1 if u knew a zombie apoc was coming u would arm urself, second. who doesnt own guns. third. it will ruin the game for newcomers who will be ur profit when the game is released. so... yes realism. but also irl u can do other things like hand to hand... whatever it takes, which is unavailable in the game, so u need to take the good with the bad. bla bla bla. im sure u have seen enough complaints to last a lifetime. u get the idea

Hooray for all the ladies who can now fix our genders. :)

But then we'll all be the same?

Pbtbtbtbt. :P

How do i manually download the patch? is it on the dayzmod.com file archives? do i download the whole torrent again? it doesnt say 1.7.1.1....

Try using Six Updater - makes life easy for you.

[REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)

YES! :D

just once had a problem with respawns so i am glad its set back.

thx

Thank you for this, I truly appreciate the amount of work the team is putting into updates and hotfixes.

first i want to say thanks for all ur hard work. cant just say this is bad bad bad without seeing the good. but tbh i think spawning without a gun is a bad idea. for 1 if u knew a zombie apoc was coming u would arm urself' date=' second. who doesnt own guns. third. it will ruin the game for newcomers who will be ur profit when the game is released. so... yes realism. but also irl u can do other things like hand to hand... whatever it takes, which is unavailable in the game, so u need to take the good with the bad. bla bla bla. im sure u have seen enough complaints to last a lifetime. u get the idea

[/quote']

Not many people own a gun, In America, maybe.

Thank you for fixing this. You are one of the best mod devs out here.

first i want to say thanks for all ur hard work. cant just say this is bad bad bad without seeing the good. but tbh i think spawning without a gun is a bad idea. for 1 if u knew a zombie apoc was coming u would arm urself' date=' second. who doesnt own guns. third. it will ruin the game for newcomers who will be ur profit when the game is released. so... yes realism. but also irl u can do other things like hand to hand... whatever it takes, which is unavailable in the game, so u need to take the good with the bad. bla bla bla. im sure u have seen enough complaints to last a lifetime. u get the idea

[/quote']

I think the spawning with a gun thing is over, like permanently. The new way is unarmed, we all gotta adapt to it

Does this fix the random dropping on items on looting? And spawning in the debug zones? And being invisible in 3DP?

[/quote']

I think the spawning with a gun thing is over, like permanently. The new way is unarmed, we all gotta adapt to it

Yah I think so as well, makes the game more interesting.

Does this fix ... being invisible in 3DP?

3DP is being removed anyway' date=' so this bug will resolve itself.

[hr']

. but tbh i think spawning without a gun is a bad idea.

I think the spawning with a gun thing is over' date=' like permanently. The new way is unarmed, we all gotta adapt to it

[/quote']

Yah I think so as well, makes the game more interesting.

Completely agree. It really brings the tension and terror back to the early game -- knowing one small mistake before you find a gun and you're dead. It also makes finally getting a gun, _any_ gun, much more rewarding.

Kudos to rocket for his continued efforts. Really love all the changes that have been coming down the line.

* INFECTED AND LOOT RESPAWN IS STILL QUITE BUGGED. NEEDS ALOT OF WORK. BUT IT SHOULD BE MANAGEABLE NOW.

* [REVERT] New spawn timer mechanism (back to the old one for now)

Have you ever considered just putting loot spawns on a timer, and every x amount of time the spawn has a chance to spawn new loot, and clear old loot from the pile?

for example, using a random number generator on a spawn point, if the number is within a range, new loot, with an if check to delete old loot if it is present

Rocket, I sincerely apologize for blowing my top about the change in game behavior between 1.7-> 1.7.1. It seemed obvious to me at the time that the effects of the changes were intentional and not accidental.

I applaud you, sir, for keeping your cool while the rest of us ran around like noobies kiting 15 zeds.

Have you ever considered just putting loot spawns on a timer' date=' and every x amount of time the spawn has a chance to spawn new loot, and clear old loot from the pile?

for example, using a random number generator on a spawn point, if the number is within a range, new loot, with an if check to delete old loot if it is present

[/quote']

Um, how do you think it is done now? lol.

4 servers so far with the 1.7.1.1 patch and no loot anywhere?

How soon should it spawn Rocket?

* [REVERT] Infected sight based on head not body direction (infected glace around alot' date=' this meant that they had super view directions. Now locked at body direction)

[/quote']

Does this fix that Zombies seem to spot a Survivor very easily on 1.7.1 ?! ... I feel like they see me damn fast now and run at me from WHEREVER ... very annoying and frustrating ... i just died within 5 min. of the game deep inside the map ... because zombies ran at me and i didnt even noticed or saw them before they saw me ...

Does this fix that Zombies seem to spot a Survivor very easily on 1.7.1 ?! ... I feel like they see me damn fast now and run at me from WHEREVER ... very annoying and frustrating ... i just died within 5 min. of the game deep inside the map ... because zombies ran at me and i didnt even noticed or saw them before they saw me ...

Please guys, post relevant feedback here about the update after you have tried it. That's what this thread is for, not for questions about whether you should try the update or not.