Sign in to follow this  
richjones19772000

Best all round gun on the game

Hello, I'd like to hear people's opinions are on what they think is the best all round gun?.

Cheers

Edited by Richjones19772000

Good question....

IMO it would be between FAL, M14 AIM, and AKM.

Good range but can also be deadly at closer ranges.

Edited by Mr Nasty

the most powerful and most sought over is probably the AS50. Some of it is personal preference and some guns do well at certain situations. It also depends whether you are considering rarity, for example the AKM is one of my favourites because it is common and I can do well with it. Here are some of my fav's

Sniper: DMR (not the best but fun to use)

Assault rifle: M4 CCO SD on non custom servers, any kind of G36 on namalsk and custom loot servers

Pistol: PDW or M1911

Submachine gun: MP5 SD.... submachine guns aren't very good for PVP on this game but good for Zombies

I think mostly everyone would agree the AS50 is the best sniper. It has zeroing, a dual zoom scope, takes both M107 and Nato mags which gives you an edge when trying to find ammo for it. Also the damage makes it a one-shot kill. With that I would say that for CQB either a M14 Aim, FN Fal or AKM would be the best to carry as they pack a punch that will insure you take down your target on a hit. When I want to be stealthy, I carry a SVD Dragunov, a M4A1 CCO SD and a M9 SD.

The best all-round gun in the game I'm guessing means good for zombies, players, cqc, decently long range etc, and 1 gun, so no as50/m4/m9sd combos?

I'd say the m4a3 cco, or m4 holo. They're effective up to pretty long ranges, can load SD mags for zombies, have full-auto for cqc. M4a3 has a flashlight for night, whereas the holo can launch smoke for zombies and possibly cover from players, flares for night and 40mm grenades to blow shit up (cars, players, groups of zombies, maybe even a close-by hovering heli)

Winchester without question..

range/ease of finding ammo/1 shot Zs anywere/relatively quiet/ the list goes on and on.

its the only weapon i pick up other then a axe.

• Like 1

I'd say the m4a3 cco, or m4 holo. They're effective up to pretty long ranges, can load SD mags for zombies, have full-auto for cqc. M4a3 has a flashlight for night, whereas the holo can launch smoke for zombies and possibly cover from players, flares for night and 40mm grenades to blow shit up (cars, players, groups of zombies, maybe even a close-by hovering heli)

^^This. Either of these cover all the bases quite well.

Props to Siberian for the below. I have a new-found appreciation for the WInchester having been sucked into DayZ 2017, and were it not for the limited effective range (that I personally achieve) I would also pick it over any other, even the M4s above.

Winchester without question..

range/ease of finding ammo/1 shot Zs anywere/relatively quiet/ the list goes on and on.

its the only weapon i pick up other then a axe.

M14 when i find it but up until then i am happy with the winnie. Ak Kob used to be my fave but the M14 for the all rounder.

^^This. Either of these cover all the bases quite well.

Props to Siberian for the below. I have a new-found appreciation for the WInchester having been sucked into DayZ 2017, and were it not for the limited effective range (that I personally achieve) I would also pick it over any other, even the M4s above.

Winchester pre-nerf <3

Silent for players and zombies, common ammo, slugs and pellets for groups or single targets, and just felt badass. Pretty much everyone used it over any other weapon.

DMR, especially on crosshair servers, provided you know how to use it.

Edit: Also, on Namalsk, the PKP is an absolute monster. The scope (which I haven't figured out how to rangefind with but you probably could with some time at the shooting range), zeroing, 100 round magazine, and damage makes it a super-AKM of sorts which you can use for absolutely anything. The PKM is also pretty amazing with all the characteristics of the PKP but no scope (and the best iron sights on any gun hands down) and not quite as sexy.

Edited by Parasprite

All these bush squatters like snipers, but I guess they don't know how to read. The best ALL-AROUND gun would be the AKM. It's accurate, easily obtainable, can zero, and has really good stopping power. The iron sights are also easy to use, unlike the FN FAL.

Edited by TheDesigner

What is "Zeroing"?

Adjusting the sights to account for range (eg zeroing to 500 meters allows you to hit a target at 500 meters without aiming above it).

For an all rounder that has plenty of ammo to be found, i'd have to say the AKM.

Snipers have never been my thing but are useless for those close encounters with Zeds.

My Fav would be the dependable M14aim - On a Private Server when available I like the L85AL SUSAT which I have on my server

M14aim

I personally like the m249 though.

Personally i'd say M16A2 with M203.

The M203 allows you to create smokescreens, which helps quite a lot and you can also distract zombies with it. It can fire high-explosives, which gives you a huge advantage if the enemy is in cover (Shoot it behind the enemy)

The range is quite good, you can accurately hit a target at long range (Approx 350m) and STANAG rounds are easy to find.

Sights aren't the best, but the rest compensates for it.